Register now to get rid of these ads!

1927 Willy's Knight, 1929 Ford Okie roadster

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Egor, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Egor

Egor

Been around for quite a few years, just decided to see if anyone would be interested in seeing a sleeve valve engine go together. I dropped a stove bolt Chevy engine in the Knight for now, but I'm still assembling the sleeve r. I also have a hot rod my dad and l started in the 70s, he's long gone but the car is waiting to be finished. 1459828254103.jpg [​IMG]

Sent from my SPH-L710 using H.A.M.B. mobile app

elgringo71 likes this.
  2. Egor

Egor

[​IMG]
    A piston and rod out of my 1925 Chevy lakester engine. You can see they made bushings to get to the Chevy wrist pin size. The engine was full race with the Oldsmobile head with the Nash rambler rockers. I don't have the head, just the rest of the engine, with 27 2 port head now. Have fun

Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
  3. Egor

Egor

My dad back in the 40's with his buddy's took a ride in a 32 roadster from cali. to utah with a borrowed hot flathead. He said at the border it blew the universal joint so out in the heat they had to pull the rear end dig through a junkyard find another and put it back together. He said when they got back to cal the guy got mad when he found out how far they went with his good engine. I saw a thread about running the lakes with different engine sizes, that was fairly common practice, they were so good at pulling motors they would do late night and go racing next day, or go to school next day. I know l did it. I had a spare 272 Y block for a while and would trade it out with my 312 when l was working on it. Have fun

Sent from my GT-P5210 using H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. Egor

Egor

[​IMG][​IMG]
    This is a 25 engine l have now. The engine in the picture in the above frame is a 28 engine. I also have a complete stock 1925 Chevrolet engine on an engine stand. I love old engines. My dad and his brother ran cars on the cali lakes in the 40's. He worked on the car in the pic of the ford on the Chevy rails. He is long gone now but the car may someday get there.

PS: l have a manifold for double down Draft Winfield's with adapted 94's on it, when l find it I'll post some pics. Have fun

Sent from my GT-P5210 using H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. Egor

Egor

The last car my dad was running was a 26 T with a caddy engine. He said the header's were running the full length of the car, so it wasn't good for taking girls out. Said the cops of the time blamed the kids and their cars for all the crime, said they would pull the car over and go over every detail, take their time then let them go and call a buddy to pull him over a few minutes later and do the same thing. In the end he couldn't sell the car, so he parted it out. The car l remember was an 29 A V8, l used to ride around in the rumble seat, with my friend Kip. Good times

elgringo71 likes this.
  6. Egor

Egor

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Cars that dad had around the place. If you ever need to know what your truck would look like chopped, cut the picture.
    Have fun from Egor's Garage

wojojo likes this.
  7. Egor

Egor

1470805811042.jpg
    The manifold to my 25 Chevy lakester engine. I moved 4 years ago, and have been looking for this. The engine is buried in my car trailer in a rent lot. Would break my heart if something happened to it. From Egor's Garage today.

8. Egor

Egor

I wonder if the full log manifold was all that good!
    I only have the 28 head, looking down the intake l don't think they could have made worse runner's if they tried. A friend of mine has a couple of Oldsmobile heads, that's where the one off of my engine went. I never took a look down the intake tract on that head, but the intake layout is the same. I used to know what modern valves would interchange with stem reaming. Fun from Egor's Garage, just thinking out loud.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

elgringo71 likes this.
  9. Egor

Egor

1471905398231.jpg 1471905412220.jpg 1471905661509.jpg
    Is it standard procedure to store a boat on top. Detail of the doors. Im measuring in the garage to see if l can get it in there.

Sent from my SM-G930V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

10. elgringo71

elgringo71

Cool thread, I like what you are thinking

Egor likes this.
  11. Great thread, love the aluminium timing cover on the '25 Chev block. The Model A looks like a great project. A restorer I knew had an unrestored Willys-Knight 7 seat tourer, it had a sleeve valve engine.

Egor likes this.
  12. Egor

Egor

Was over to the trailer today, payed for another 3mo storage, l need to do something with this or let someone finish it. I've spent enough to have someone else do the work; but it's still setting still. Oh well, I jump on here and get a little encouragement, and I've found a few motorheads in my little town. It's fun to see everyone's stuff on here.... Dave

13. Egor

Egor

I jut found out that a coup with the top thrown away and trimmed to make it an open car, is called a Coupster" My dad just called them Okie roadsters. Said that if you didn't have 25 bucks for a real roadster you gave 15 bucks for the coup. He said you were frowned apron, but you had more room in the cars. Have fun