Register now to get rid of these ads!

Flathead Jack's... Good to go?

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Dad Was A Racer, May 18, 2016.

1. Dad Was A Racer

Dad Was A Racer
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Any of you flathead guys do business with Flathead Jack's? Their catalog is extensive and includes a lot of "house brand" bits and pieces that look good, but wondering what you guys think of them.

2. guy1unico

guy1unico

3. Rustygt

Rustygt
    from Emeryville

Depends on what you need, there are great flathead folks on the HAMB, builders, suppliers and folks with huge inventories of offshore goods, way off shore like China. Pay more buy USA if possible !! Not saying his house brand is from offshore, don't know that for sure.....can always ask

4. Xman

Xman

I have bought several parts from Jack and was happy with everything.. I also called him for info and advice and he was friendly and helpful.
    Nice guy in my opinion!

5. walter

walter

I to have bought a lot of parts from Jack. Very happy plus I really like Jack! He is very knowledgeable as well as quite Humorous.

6. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

I've bought lots of stuff from Jack and never had a problem. If you call to place an order he usually answers the phone himself.

7. quickchangeV8

quickchangeV8

I have purchased lots of parts from Jack and never had a problem with anything. Most of his inventory are USA made parts. Treat him right and he will treat you right!

8. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

Yup, I've bought several parts from him too. Great service and quality, albeit a bit on the pricey side compared to others but doesn't seem like overseas crap.

9. Raunchy

Raunchy

I have had excellent luck with him and his parts. We end up bullshitting after I place my orders. I use his stuff and recommend him.

10. rer_239

rer_239

11. Good stuff, no problems here.

12. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Been buying FH parts from Jack since the mid 90s. He a bit of a character but he knows his stuff and doesn't sell junk.

13. Dad Was A Racer

Dad Was A Racer
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Plenty of good reasons here to do business with them. No specific reason not to I guess. Thanks guys!

14. King Callie

King Callie
    from Virginia

Never had any dealings with him. When I built my flathead I ordered some hard parts from Mike at H&H and had a good experience.

15. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

I called him about buying a bracket for my 50 merc engine to install an alternator and he replied "Kid you need to contact one of those places that sell fuzzy dice and coffee cups that look like caburetors because we use generators here!"I used the inners out of a 64 ford generator in my flathead generator and it worked great. How did he know that I had one of those coffee cups?

16. Raunchy

Raunchy

Is that traditional enough?

17. jhtdon

jhtdon
    from Florida

As quickchageV8 says

Cheers

18. It's been several years since I purchased anything from Flathead Jacks but I never had any problems with service or parts. HRP