Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Need Help Fast!!! 1952 mercury question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Merc0Matic, May 25, 2015.

1. Merc0Matic

Merc0Matic
    from california

does anyone know the size of the rear end that came in a 1952 mercury sport coupe? was it 7 inch? theres no tag on the rear end and i need a drive shaft/ rear end coupler yoke ASAP

2. Far as I know, 52 to 54 merc only had 1 rear end. May be the same as 49 to 55 Ford. I don't remember rear ends catagorized by ring gear size back in those days.

3. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

If the center section drops out the front, it's same as Ford '49 thru '56. If it has a removable rear tin cover on the center section, it's Spicer axle, likely a model 41. In either case, there is only one u-joint for either of them and it may very well be the same for both. MAC's, Rock Auto or Kanter's, to name a few, can supply a u-joint.

Not sure if you need a u-joint or driveshaft yoke from your phrasing.

Ray

young'n'poor likes this.
  4. young'n'poor

young'n'poor
    from Anoka. MN

What Ray said is right on the money, and from experience with those cars I'll add that you can find parts for those, but unless you're lucky they won't be in stock at your local chain parts store

5. 52ragtop

52ragtop
    from Nebraska