Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Channeled Perfection

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Ryan, May 17, 2016.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Ryan submitted a new blog post:

Channeled Perfection

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Tomorrow's post is a little early... I got a packed morning tomorrow and needed to get this in before the hurricane of shit sets in.

3. Very nice story about an awesome car. You just hit the nail with your writing, as always.
    Keep calm and carry on with your excellent work, despite hurricanes and other catastrophes ;)

4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

beautiful Hot Rod, great story

5. Bitchin'! 4 inch channel ?? Hmmm ? Anyone ? I love 'em low.

6. thommoina33

thommoina33
    Alliance Member
    from australia
    Staff Member

I think the proportions are right entirely due to the channel, it's hasn't been channeled to death and along with the slightly laid back grill it keeps everything tight and practical. Nice car.

Gabe Fernando likes this.
  7. Love that car. Shot it a few years ago for some European magazines. Brian is a super nice dude. And Tim's photos rule.

8. "Hurricane of shit"....:eek:

Welcome to my world.

Totally bitchin' coupe. I can see why you were smitten with it.

Last edited: May 18, 2016
    volvobrynk likes this.
  9. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Always been a fan of the "east coast" look and this car is a great example of it done right. Any style car can come out somewhat ungainly without some thought put into how the modifications work in harmony.
    One of the favorite books in my library is the Shuman Bros "Cool Cars and Square Roll Bars" A great documentation of the early east coast rodding scene.

volvobrynk, AHotRod and Sancho like this.
  10. flyn schlosser

flyn schlosser
    from phelan, ca

11. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

12. flamingokid

flamingokid

That's a turnkey,do nothing to it type of ride for me,I wouldn't change a thing,except the driver ;)

13. That car rules

14. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Yes, damn good looking coupe!

15. Reggie

Reggie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

One of the few channeled '33-'34s to catch my eye. Perfect execution.

16. Raiman1959

Raiman1959

I love that look!....and the color fits it just right too!!!....just a very fine lookin' car indeed!:D:D:D

17. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

As much as I like it too I think it needs a 33 grille. Nothing else, just that. Full disclosure, I have a love/hate thing for 34 Ford models. The closed car door with that roll back strip of sheet metal for the window function, even in black it's there like a wart on a model's nose. That fat grille that got straight, right along with the straight hood sides (yes I know this car has no hood). I can't tell if the doors are 33 or 34 in the pictures from either feature on this one, but for my eye a 33 grille would be "her" acceptance of my advances. Bitchin coupe otherwise. Just sayin...

dana barlow likes this.
  18. Kirk Hanning

Kirk Hanning

I've always been a fan of channeled hotrods especially 33/34's although I may be a little biased.... image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

19. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Nice '34, but...IMO.... most of them are. Too bad they don't get the same accolades as Deuces do. Very tastefully done.

20. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yep, very neat ride; sittn' on a nice angle. But then again, I too am a little biased.

21. That red sedan is dope, my favorite feature is that little bump in the hood side to clear the pitman arm. it's the little things like that which tell me more about a car than anything.

22. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

There was a dark blue '34 Five window undergoing channeling at Roy Brizio's shop in '86.
    I was there for his 'open house', this '34 was under wraps in the back of the shop.
    It had the same 'magic' as this one, almost the same color!
    The surgery was about 40% complete, neat cuts and small 'darts', rockers tacked on, sides laying on the floor.
    Made me want to work on it...
    Like Ryan, I thought about that Coupe for many a night afterward...
    Nice to see this one. Very similar in approach.

23. hasty

hasty

24. seatex

seatex

so tight, so right!

25. I'd sure like to have it!!!

26. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

When I think of un-chopped, channeled 33/34's I think of this one. It was built in the early 50's by a guy named Clair Heaton who worked in a local speed shop in Portland Or. Other than the rear axle location it's nearing perfection. That blue one is a great car ! 2012-08-31 182713.jpg 2013-05-06 203730.jpg

grumpy32 and kidcampbell71 like this.
  27. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ditto. Model 40 hotrods are my personal favorite.

28. jeepers00creepers

jeepers00creepers

I have to speak up!!! I'm not a fan of the word "deserve", however I would like to acknowledge the original builder, Jason Sheets. I'm fortunate enough to live in the same town and get to stop by his shop now and then just to say hi. This guy has more talent in one trimming of his pinky finger than I'll ever have!!! But the best part is you won't find a nicer guy. It doesn't matter what he is up to he stops it to talk. ( which is one reason I feel bad about dropping by!!!). And what he creates out of scrap is amazing! If anyone "deserves" recognition it's this guy!!! And his dad Bob is not to be forgotten either! He does some amazing work also!! Great peeps!!!

Atwater Mike likes this.
  29. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

It's Perfect