Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Steel In Motion, 2016!!! May 13 and 14, Union S.C.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Geargoyle Curtis, Jan 3, 2016.

1. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Thanks Curtis and company. Geargoyles are hardcore and put on a great show. We had a blast! Pictures are random from the weekend .
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1463332673.457087.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1463332685.622736.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1463332699.956051.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1463332713.240729.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1463332731.172344.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1463332747.640561.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1463332762.822877.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1463332778.306132.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1463332799.439082.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1463332814.690080.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1463332831.722322.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1463332845.855803.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1463332859.139206.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1463332873.089650.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1463332891.289258.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1463332907.172756.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1463332923.872822.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1463332938.139175.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1463332953.155856.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1463332972.642202.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1463332989.672485.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1463333004.323352.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1463333021.089292.jpg

2. Thanks for sharing the pics. I need to go to this next year!:D:cool:

Geargoyle Curtis likes this.
  3. jim snow

jim snow

Wow,We had a great time hanging out with the Assorted Nuts crew. Thanks to the Geargoyles club for putting on such a great event.Cant wait till next year.Snowman

4. Man was it a great weekend rolled out with some good friends with are rides then spent the weekend at steel in motion. Just have to thank the Geargoyles for ALL THE WORK THEY DO TO PUT ON A GREAT SHOW. Look forward to doing it again next year Girl friend went with me and she not a car lover but had a great time.

5. toucan

toucan
    from sc

great show! cars get faster, paint gets shinier. and the bands get better! great weekend, thanks geargoyles. brought my girlfriend but all she did was drink with scharleyrides lady! just kidding, cant wait for next year!

6. woodhawg

woodhawg
    1. S.F.C.C.

Most fun I have had wIth my clothes on since RYWB last year. Great event and great friends. DOM is the BEAST!!!

Geargoyle Curtis and Dog_Patch like this.
  7. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

8. dusterdave173

dusterdave173

WOW!!!!!! ---
    WHAT an effort by the club ,'Curtis, and the entire track staff What a GREAT EVENT!!! I can't say enough good things about it Lots of improvements from last year--still the most friendly staff in the car business--track staff performed out of their minds good mopping up mess after mess with true pro spirit--we ran the dragster right after a full track oil down and it ran like it was at INDY they were awesome!!!!! Guess parking issues were the biggest challenge for everyone--but.....the Geargoyles did the very best job possible with such a giant crowd--my hats off to everyone involved--best car show ever---The VIBE at SIM is unmatched and that is a reflection on the entire club and the fine folks at Union Dragway!
    One I will always remember the fans streamed through our pits all day with sky high support and kind words--it was an honor to help entertain that crowd--we made three great runs Sat--pulled the chute on each one to add to the show--turned the GUTS out of my engine in the water aiming to be as loud as possible
    Thank you!!!!
    Team Tick Tock front engine dragster
    David and Kim Kluttz
    Big Lick, North Carolina

9. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Absolutely, the Geargoyles have gotten this event down to a science for organization, and operation, and they deserve a huge thank you from all participants and spectators. Even the crowd of spectators wandering amonst the vendor's row setups was much more considerate of the racers who also used the road on return from runs That was a much bigger problem when I was last here in '14.

Geargoyle Curtis and Dog_Patch like this.
  10. woodhawg

woodhawg
    1. S.F.C.C.

I agree this is one of the best events in the South and maybe most anywhere else!! Easy in and out if you get there early. Good people at all the posts doing their jobs efficiently and effectively. It is just over and I already am ready for next year!

And my little A Roadster got some press up above in the photos.

11. What they said X2 !!

Curtis - who was the Event Photo company next to the BBQ shack? (Don't tell Tombo I'm looking around :D )

12. Great to see you...and thanks for the help with the power supply!!

Can you get Carl to shoot me a pic or 2 of his helmet?

13. elgringo71

elgringo71

14. Holy crap what a weekend! The experience started before ever leaving the house. Got to see a lot of friends and spend some quality time with my Assorted Nuts family. Thanks to the SFCC for letting me join in your evening festivities. Congrats to circusbear for getting his never been driven car to the show and not giving up. And most of all GREAT JOB Geargoyles. You know how to do a show. Hope we can all do it again next year.

15. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

Great job once again by the Geargoyles! We had a blast as always. Thanks so much for the "cool custom" award. It's awesome to get recognized at a show that "gets it". See ya next year!

- Kevin

16. Duck's Goat

Duck's Goat

It was Chris Jones at Newday Photography

17. hotrod_willie

hotrod_willie

Great show. It is the best car show on the east coast. Thanks to all the clubs that help to put on the show. I will be back next year. Keep up the good works.
    IMG_7077.JPG IMG_7078.JPG IMG_7198.JPG IMG_7212.JPG IMG_7215.JPG IMG_7234.JPG IMG_7237.JPG IMG_7238.JPG

Last edited: May 17, 2016
    Geargoyle Curtis and oldsjoe like this.
  18. Huge thanks to the Geargoyles for a great time! Can I get a Hell Yeah?!

[​IMG]

I've got lots of photos to post. More to follow.

19. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

I can't believe how busy I have been since getting home Sunday night, so this is the first time I have been on the HAMB since wrapping up the show. Many thanks goes out to the Junkyard Saints, Hooligans and Assorted Nuts car clubs for their help at Steel In Motion. We couldn't have done it without them. Even with them, we were running very low on staffing for a show that has grown so fast, so next year will bring many changes in staffing for the show. Reading through all the comments makes the Geargoyles CC and myself extremely proud. We are very fortunate and thankful that we have so many great people attend the show. You guys make life easier on such a challenging weekend. Thanks for everything, Curtis and all the Geargoyles.

20. Can we ban the golf carts and hover-rounds and bring back the minis? Ha.
    Of course I have the same problem with them at Charlotte Auto Fair and every other car show it seems.
    Just walk slow and drink a beer.

CornfieldPerformance likes this.
  21. Awesome weekend once again!!! Many thanks out to the Geargoyles and the assisting clubs, fine job. Absolutely great bunch o' folks. If ya misted it, your foot and your ass should be sore by now!

22. Cant believe its come and gone already, what an awesome weekend!!!I cant say enough good things about the Geargoyles and everyone else who helped put on this killer event!!! The Assorted Nuts are already planning for next year! Keep up the good work and let us know how we can help make Steel in Motion 2017 bigger and better!!!

23. Sit tight, this might take a minute...

[​IMG]

I like walking around and checking out all the cars, people, crazy shit that goes on...

[​IMG]

but I really like wheels in motion...

[​IMG]

I like smokey burn-outs...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I like wheel stands almost as much as I like smokey burn-outs...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I even like hanging out at the big end...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I really friggin' like it when my ol' pal Handsome Dave (Dirty Old Man) at 70-something years old, gets out there and thrashes the shit out of his nice roadster...

[​IMG]

I like the fact the South East Gassers bring friends along to help out (when I'm sure they have better things to do than hang out with us hooligans)...

[​IMG]

It's nice when the locals come out to watch...

[​IMG]

We have way too much fun. Can't wait for next year.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

One more time... can I get a HELL YEAH?

[​IMG]

Hell yeah.

Much respect to everyone involved. Thanks.

24. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

HELL YEAH!! Joe

25. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

Hell Yeah, Big A!!! Thanks for sharing your pics. Very cool!!!!

beachbum jim likes this.
  26. Wow nice stuff Andrew and to drive all the way from Canada to take pics. Hero!

27. Nice wrap up of the weekend Andrew. Nothing else like it!

beachbum jim likes this.
  28. woodhawg

woodhawg
    1. S.F.C.C.

Good to finally meet you Andrew! You sure have a big commitment to drive all the way from the frozen tundra to SC just to have a fun weekend. Look forward to seeing you again next year. Thanks for pics.

29. Good stuff, Big A!! Yep, you gotta make the move.....

30. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Great pics Andrew, was great to see you again, and no doubt the best event yet for me! And I hope I'm still thrashing on BGII when I'm in my 80s.
    But I gotta fine tune things a bit more, because I've got a wild man with a little grey coupe gunning for me now! And 2 more Sock Fuckers who have the same thoughts.
    Gonna make things interesting come Oct. 29 @ RWYB! And who knows what, when and where before then:)

Tudor and tylercrawford like this.