Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Grandpas el mirage roadster recreation p.r.c

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by paintslinger805, Mar 13, 2016.

1. Yea I checked that wire out but I would like to find the same kind. I also have some newer style that shine gave me also so if I have to I will run it till I find more . Thanks keep up the search for me.

2. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

image.jpg
    Hey Bruce,
    I missed you on the lakes yesterday, but glad that your sons in the finals for soccer. Love the new radiator ornament, thanx 4 representing ;).
    Just sending you a shot of yesterday's lakes rods in a shot for Hop Up Tim & Justin. image.jpg image.jpg
    We gotta get Elmer out to the lakes even if it's just to do a cruise.
    Will talk to you soon.

volvobrynk, kidcampbell71 and Stogy like this.
  3. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

I think I got some, I'll see what I have left.

Runnin shine likes this.
  4. Yea I know he would love to go out there when's the next time they can run at el mirage and I will make it happen? Cars look good in the dirt. I can't wait till mines out there. I'm putting in the new rearend and setting up the brakes right now ebrake and all...

5. That would be awesome pat. Thanks

6. Does anybody have a 32 frame spec sheet blueprint of the measurements. All the ones I see on the internet are blurry so you have to buy them. I would like to check a few things on my chassis. Thanks

7. old skoool

old skoool

Wescott's website has frame dimensions. Great thread!

8. Right on old skoool thank you

9. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Just realized that the rear spring in the chassis I have for sale has a reversed eye spring. Lucky me now I have to change out springs since my grandpa did lower his car. It also has taperd ends on each leaf that match the front spring. Good thing nobody bought it yet. Everybody and their brothers want to trade I could trade for some cool cars but last thing I need is another car. 12 would be 1 too many. My wife would be like:mad::mad:And I would be like:confused:The spring on the ground is stock

slv63 likes this.
  10. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Today I'm trying to be...
    Patiently...

volvobrynk likes this.
  11. Well I'm gonna need a few patch panels............. Who says you can't catch a unicorn.:D:D:D

12. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

image.jpg Ok, Bruce has given the go ahead so it's official to let the kat out of the bag.
    Here's the kitty. image.jpg
    image.jpg image.jpg
    It's on its way home now. Congrats to the Elmer-age 32 Roadster Build!!!

13. Hot Rod 50

Hot Rod 50

Hell yes! Congrats. Can't wait to see it on the chassis.

14. Squablow

Squablow

Just read this thread for the first time, really good stuff, want to hear more about this body!

15. image.jpg image.jpg Only 2 more hour till I'm home and have already got 4 thumbs up.

16. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Mucho respect to Elmer today.
    Come on "HyperSonic"

17. very cool.
    Al.

18. Floorboardinit

Floorboardinit

...damn, I'm usually not a jealous guy but...damn, that's cool. JohnnyA

19. firerod

firerod
    from Colorado

Good for you. Great build thread.

20. I am sooooooooo happy for you to have it at long last...Now may-be you can get some sleep. Can't wait to see it set on the frame....

21. image.jpg image.jpg Well y'all good things come to those who wait. The first time I drove up and put eyes on this roadster the guy said he would not sell it. This is one of those hey I know where there's a 32 ford roadster but the guy will never sell it he said kind of leads. That was about 2 years ago and I never followed up because I really didn't believe it. Last month we put in the order for the brookville and then I thought I better just call this guy and see if it's really a 32 and that it's a ford roadster. So I called him and he said yes he has one and no it's not for sale. And just because he said he had one the next day I drove 5 hours to his tractor junk yard. I asked the lady working there if I could just go look for parts she said ya go ahead. So that got me into the yard to look around and there it was up on top of a big rig trailer. The guy after I told him I was the guy that called him yesterday just shook his head and didn't even talk to me for like 10 minuets he just kept answering his phone. I think he was pissed inside. He finely stood up and said well I'm sorry you drove all this way for nothing but like I said yesterday my son is going to build a rat rod out of it. I told him that's not the kind of car you build a rat out of. I did beg him alittle and told him I was recreating my grandpas car and he looked like I was just blah blah blahing. So I tucked my tail and left. I was alittle pissed I even offered him cash in his face and he said no. So all the way home I was just mind set in the brookville to be delivered at the Lars. I think it was the next day or a few days later he called me and told me that he and his son are both to busy to ever do anything with the car so he would accept my offer. So I'm a busy guy and so is he and today I finely got back up there and that drive sucks I 5 in California sucks all my tax dollars don't do crap for are highways. So here's the two pictures I took the day he said no.

22. So the body is in great condition with the normal rusted out areas for sitting out side for over 35 years. It's a rumble seat car so I'm happy about that because grandpa had a rumble. The deck lid is so cherry I can't even believe it, just a few small dents. The pass door is the worse part of the car. The lower quarters are rusted out. The floor is also cherry. I'm feeling lucky as hell. Now I'm on the look out ford roadster patch panels. Only the drivers door has the inside handle and guts so I have to find the guts for inside the pass door I'm bummed about that but then again beggars can't be choosers. Jeez my spelling is horrible... I hope you all injoy these pictures and for heavens sake get a napkin and wipe all that drool off your computor.:D

23. Hell Dennis I think I maybe slept for a hour last night all I could think about was is he for real I'm I gonna get there and he says no. Hell I almost went postal at the bank because they didn't want to give me the money because I look suspect and was 5 hours away from home. I damn near shut down my bank account to go to a new bank. I was freaking out. But when I drove up I could still see her up there so I was relived. He's got a really nice 32 five window that he's had since high school and he said he is 71. He really wants a 32 Tudor. I might call him here next year and see if he wants to sell his five window since I got his roadster now.;)

24. Squablow

Squablow

It pays to talk to those people and be polite to them, be sure to send them pictures as it comes along and let them know how much you appreciate being able to buy it from them. That's a once in a lifetime score.

I won't ask what you had to pay for it since that would be rude but I'd be lying if I told you I wasn't extremely curious.

Did you cancel your Brookville order?

hipster and volvobrynk like this.
  25. Yes we canceled the brookville order. As far as what I payed for it I'm very very very veryyyy lucky. Let's just say if I bought all new patch panels from brookville to fix it I still won't spend what a new brookville costs. I even had enough money to stop and buy myself an ice cream on the way home.:p:p:p

26. Bruce, great to see you got the roadster body, I'm really happy for you. The recreation is going to have a much more authentic feel to it now, Awesome!

volvobrynk likes this.
  27. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Well this is all I'm gonna do tonight I'm tired as hell injoy guys.

28. image.jpg Even came with extra parts

birdog likes this.
  29. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

I just made the quarter panel pic my home screen.