Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods My Morning

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, May 16, 2016.

1. williebill

williebill

Yeah, easy enough for now, but what happens tomorrow if your 8 track isn't working?

Every time I've been hit, another big chunk of bondo falls out that I didn't know I had.

2. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Really glad you're okay, but like you said, your truck came out okay. That makes a hell of a difference in attitude, during those kinds of incidents. Other than tail lights not working, the only reason for a rear end collision is distracted driving. No excuses, no free passes. Sometimes, the best lesson is a kick in the ass.

Shit, here in Houston, the kid would have claimed you stopped too quickly.

PunkAssGearhead88 likes this.
  3. flux capacitor

flux capacitor

I can say I had a similar day yesterday. I was pulling in my driveway entry which looks like a WW2 German hedgerow neatly trimmed & noticed a slick little "a" model coupe a couple of houses away & just as my boy & his pal says look at that old car.......Bammm! I'd just had a 5 mph collision with my daughters best friend in her little Suzuki suv. My full size Chevy truck sustained minimal damage but the Suzuki got the RF corner wiped & ripped the core support out. Man I wish my Spidey sense for old cars had't went off, but ohh well , I gave the kids & all a lesson in how to handle a fender bender, exchange info & if on public roadways get an accident report. I'm Glad your truck faired well Ryan. I wish everybody had a calm perspective on life's unintentional accidents. Flux

4. I like it best with those wheels and caps.... looking killer.....

Still couldn't resist some minimal signage though.. :)

JJTRUCK.jpg

lothiandon1940 and Rolleiflex like this.
  5. oldcargary

oldcargary
    from devore, Ca

Good story. Truck looks good. If he was texting different story.

6. Truck looks good - you've got the tires you wanted - no damage to your truck and a great way how you handled this accident. Overall a very good day for you Ryan. Congrats.

7. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I don't know man...I think I am digging the steels!

charleyw likes this.
  8. Yeah let us know how you feel tomorrow. Wife & I got rear ended in my 82 ram charger years ago & the dodge was fine & we thought we were also. The next day my bride is hurting so we went to emergency & she sustained a whip lash that bugs her to this day.
    What you did for the kid was fine but this today & what we did years ago was then, totally different times. Hell I was no angel as I wrecked every car I had but only my car. Well maybe a few guard rails & telephone poles & trees but no other vehicles. I never slept except behind the wheel. Nodoz was my favorite drug.

9. Nostrebor

Nostrebor

I forgot to vote on the wheels (as if you were asking;)) I dig on the steelies with the FOMOCO caps. Ford made some pretty classy truck caps in those years.

10. SLAMIT

SLAMIT

Awesome outlook man!! I wasn't as lucky. a few months back I was in traffic in my 70 bmw 2002 stop and go style. we hit about 15 mph for a stretch and slowed back down. the dude behind me did not and went right through the back of my beloved daily driver. Turns out after a long battle the car was not insured and the fella jumped ship back to Mexico. I am left with the pain of the incident and having to fix it on my own. Im glad your luck was on par today!

11. Good on you man! I unfortunately would've put the blast on that kid!

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  12. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

After my Shoebox got rear-ended by someone who was negligent, rude and spoke very little English, I'm with some others here, I wouldn't of let him get off so easy.. That's why we have so many repeat offenders in our country, not saying that the kid in the Mustang was or is going to be one of them. Every time someone ran into my cars, they never aplologized or accepted responsibility, of course that was when I was living in helL.A. to.

13. BLAKE

BLAKE

14. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

The best part of the story is that you put steel wheels and caps on the truck.

15. Gr8laker

Gr8laker
    from Michigan

Nah, a chariot - Hemi powered!

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  16. HellsHotRods

HellsHotRods

I agree, I am impressed with the way you handled this situation. I don't know many people that wouldn't have been yelling at this kid. If anyone is lucky, it is that Mustang driver kid, he just got his ass saved in so many ways.....

17. The name could be changed to Ryan Cochran but this Kipling line would apply to myself. HRP

" You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!"

18. UNCLECHET

UNCLECHET

Your truck looks great to me! And props to you for helping a kid out. It'll pay dividends.

19. thommoina33

thommoina33
    Alliance Member
    from australia
    Staff Member

Did the kid at least get a stink eye.

20. Glad you werent hurt. Truck looks awsome, I'm glad you kept the steelies.
    Isnt bullit spelled with and I? "There are bad cops and there are good cops... Then there is Frank Bullit." I. Sorry man couldnt help it, saw the movie too many times.
    Keep it up.

21. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Don't see a rear bumper. That rear pan must be made of 1/4 plate. Sore today?

22. dad-bud

dad-bud

The steelies are better.
    Kid got lucky (in an unlucky kinda way) hittin' you Ryan. Glad you weren't hurt and the truck is OK
    Good story all round

23. sluggo1936

sluggo1936
    from Colorado

Glad your OK! Wheels look great. Texting and driving? Not looking at what's in front of him... Good thing you were in a truck & not a motorcycle. Sold all of my Bikes due the popularity of texting and driving, in lieu of not being rear ended by a texter.

24. drumyn29

drumyn29

I daily drive the crap out of this thing and she never lets me down.

Attached Files:

sluggo1936 likes this.
  25. sluggo1936

sluggo1936
    from Colorado

She looks bullet proof! Nice truck

26. LSJUNIPER

LSJUNIPER
    from ct

Awesome!!!! You helped the kid!!!!!!!!!

27. I had a similar mishap years ago with my '53 Plymouth. Sitting at a red light, heard brakes screeching, and before I could even think heard a loud crash and was pushed forward. Looked in the rear view mirror and saw a Dodge Colt with the hood bent up and lots of smoke. Got out of my car dreading to look at it and low and behold only damage was the right bumper guard was gone. Found it on the pavement and other than a couple scratches was undamaged. The bolt holding it on broke but the guard itself was fine. Didn't loose it with the woman who hit me, she was a lot more shook up than I was. Her car had to be towed. I threw the guard in the back seat and drove away. Her insurance had my entire rear bumper assembly rechromed and I was pretty happy about that.
    That was years ago so no injury, no chiropractor, no lawyer. no lawsuit.
    BTW, cell phones didn't exist back then.

28. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I'm all good... About four or five years ago, I had the best back surgeon in the world fix my back @skullcracker - since then, I'm pretty sure I'm bionic or something. My neck and back are pretty much bullet proof.

This thread kind of bums me out though. Fellas, what I did was not exceptional in any way. It's what you are supposed to do for a young car guy.... or hell, a young person in general. I live in a small town and it takes a village.

Hot Rodding is kind of like a small town too...

117harv, guthriesmith, pat59 and 2 others like this.
  29. It's not easy to be amenable when you get rear ended and sustain a lot of damage,I remember vividly the idiot that plowed into Randy's 40 coupe in a s-10.

I though Randy was going to have a stroke.HRP

[​IMG]