Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 40 chev headlights

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mike Colemire, May 15, 2016.

1. Mike Colemire

Mike Colemire

I have the housings that set on top of the fenders, the buckets are a little rusty. Thats all I got, I know I'll need the ring that holds the sealed beam in, adjusters I found new, anything else? What kinda bezel goes on the outside? Also, where can I get what I need at a reasonable price?

2. chopper99

chopper99
    Member Emeritus

3. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

4. brandonstc

brandonstc
    from Newton, MS

Here is a zoomed in picture of the headlight on my 1940 chevy 4 door. I hope this helps some. 40 Chevy headlight.png

5. The Filling Station has what you need,...40 rings are the same as 41-6 Chevy/GMC truck lite rings.

6. There are buckets that go in the housing the adjusters which can be found about anywhere and headlamp rings and the trim ring. It is just like any other sealed beam setup. You may be able to source the headlamp ring from other vehicles, if you have some lying around a little trial and error could save you some bucks, the trim ring on the other hand is not going to be universal you will have to find the proper trim ring to make it right.

7. No response from original poster to offer. Offer removed.

Last edited: May 24, 2016
  8. disturbed1nw

disturbed1nw

There's a local salvage yard that has a near perfect set in epoxy primer for 150 bucks can send the contact info I'd you like

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using H.A.M.B. mobile app