Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Jalopy Showdown 2016 date?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lothiandon1940, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Dino 64

Dino 64
    from Virginia

We'll post lots of pics for ya. Have fun !

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  2. Bummer Chris! I send you some pics. Plan to ride up with me next year in the roadster!

3. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

stock car.JPG Same car, new look, hoping to be there............................

4. scarylarry

scarylarry

Just a quick update...Fridays weather looks perfect, 72 & sunny! Vendors can start getting in their spots Friday at noon, not before! Friday is a good time to stop by & check things out. The BBQ guys will be ready by 2 to start selling food, vendors open, and the band starts at 7 until 9. We then clear off the infield. Museum will be open late for visitors. Saturdays weather is looking like we may get some showers and chilly so dress for it! If the track is dry enough we will run the race cars. If the track is too wet we will go back to our original program of anyone can run one car at a time! We dont need no stinkin' rain date! See everyone there!!

5. Sounds good, Larry. We will be there and if the weather report clears up the slicks will hit the road.

6. ModelAPunk

ModelAPunk
    from Buffalo NY

We're heading out tonight from Buffalo with a few of the Knockers C.C. Lookin' forward to it! Stop by and say hello!

Screenshot_2016-05-20-10-44-36.png

lothiandon1940 and wraymen like this.
  7. ..........................Guess that didn't really pan out.:rolleyes:

lothianwilly71 likes this.
  8. Nope but I'm still making the trek. Hope to see you there Don!

scarylarry and lothiandon1940 like this.
  9. scarylarry

scarylarry

I'm reposting this from my FB post but it certainly applies to all the HAMB people that have supported the show over the years. I've been thinking since Saturday evening how to thank people for coming to a car show in the rain? Well, not just a car show because they happen in a blacktopped parking lot. So how do I thank a group of people that will come to a car show knowing they will be camping in the rain and mud, walking or driving their car across a muddy track just to get to the show, stomping around a muddy field and STILL smile and have a good time like it's a sunny warm day?? How do I thank a bunch of friends that have showed up in the rain and slop or blazing hot days for 14 years to make it happen with hugs and smiles when its over? How do I thank the museum volunteers that take care of the spectator parking, camping, cut fire wood for campers, mow, weed whip and do whatever to make the grounds, in my opinion, the main selling point of our show? Hmmm, let me think some more. Other points of the weekend. Thanks to Pat Kelso I got to drive a fast sprint car for the first time. What a great mind clearing stress relief right before the weekend. As always we had great food vendors and I'm very happy with the addition of a fresh food option (in an Airstream to boot!) The vendors brought lots of great parts and everyone I spoke with sold TONS of parts! Also thanks to the artists vendors that showed kinda knowing they were going to take a hit but just wanted to be there. I'm sorry I couldn't make track time work. We should have run the track in Friday evening so we would have had a chance. Any car with a tire width more then 4" was not going to make it! It was my mistake not letting the few guys that made it around to not do another lap...sorry guys, that one was on me. I had some great gifts come my way this year! I'll post later as I know I'm long winded here. What other show promoter gets gifts?? So, in the end I guess all I can do is a simple sincere thank you from Kim and I for the support of all our shows and the Eastern Museum of Motor Racing. It was a special weekend at a special place that will end up one of the "remember the year..." stories we'll tell each other down the road. Have a fun, safe car show season. Enjoy the ride!!

10. car doctor

car doctor

Larry, Our group from western pa. had a great time as always despite the weather. I only wish you had that show more often! Thanks for having us!!

scarylarry and lothiandon1940 like this.
  11. We Thank you, Larry, for going to the effort for all of these years to put on one of the best events on the East Coast, rain or shine. Yeah, it was a little sloppy but, I think everyone had a good time, I know that I did.

12. oldsroller

oldsroller
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from PA

Rain or shine, it is a great event. Always have fun, no matter what. Awesome job

wraymen and lothiandon1940 like this.

13. You hit the nail right on the head Larry. Its not just a show but an event and a good one at that. The Thank You should be headed your way and to the staff at the Museum. Thank you for keeping this event just the way it is, no big name sponsors turning it into a circus, no deep pocket celebrities hogging up all the track time, etc. etc. Its friggin perfect and raining or not its worth the trip. I can't wait for the Beaver Springs event, see you there.

Last edited: May 24, 2016