Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects I've got this pile of crap

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by ugliefrance, Nov 14, 2015.

1. brokendown

brokendown
    from Penzance

Like it man, you've probably already thought of this but what about some really big, oversized torpedo headlights relocated to double as a blister over the front wheel protrusion?
    Regards from rain drenched Penzance

Hollywood-East likes this.
  2. The37Kid

The37Kid

What a great project, lots of great future projects in the background as well. Bob

3. ugliefrance

ugliefrance

This is where we are at the moment.Work has been getting in the way of progress but I was running out of beer. So needs must. Headlights have been moved back about a foot and raised 5inches. So they cover the tyres when stopped and are just floating in thin air when driving.Thats just a mock up as I want to put radials on it. So everything will be a bit lower. Started on the rear wings,fenders to you lot over the pond. And that is where it is now,might shorten the rear quarter as it looks too big .But I think it will work when the fenders are on. Sorry for the duplicate photos but pc is pissing about and it might get its fkin lights knocked out if it doesn't start behaving. Unfortunately I have to go back to work next week,so nothing will happen for the next 6weeks DSC03378.JPG DSC03376.JPG DSC03380.JPG DSC03370.JPG DSC03378.JPG DSC03376.JPG

MO54Frank and tb33anda3rd like this.
  4. xrosczech

xrosczech

5. ugliefrance

ugliefrance

Just to give you a rough idea on the lights when the suspension is raised. Its just bodged on there at the moment to see if I like it,and yes I do. But as I want to run radials,it will all have to be set an inch or so lower. I also want to bell crank the front bumper off the suspension. So when its at ride height the bumper is below the valance and moves up as the car is lowered. If that makes sense. Been arsing around with that rear quarter all day to see how much I want to shorten it by. Settled on 5 inches

Attached Files:

tb33anda3rd and Asphalt Demon like this.
  6. Squablow

Squablow

This is one of the strangest builds around, and not my usual style, but there's enough going on here that I'm very excited to see more.

7. I'm digging all the creativity and problem solving . . . cool stuff!

MO54Frank likes this.
  8. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D:eek: Another jigsaw puzzle build from the H.A.M.B.Love it.Keep the updates coming.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

9. Hollywood-East

Hollywood-East

Dig'n Your spirt to charter into the unknown... Also like the "seat of pantz" creativity! Cheer's..

10. ugliefrance

ugliefrance

Well i'm back from work and I can tell you . It's not all its cracked up to be. Don't do it.
    When I left you I was having problems with the proportions of the rear. So I made a sliding rear quarter. Then knocked up a fender skirt and from that i'm bodging up the rear fender. When i'm happy with the lines the fender gives me. I will slide the whole lot up and down the B post till it looks about right and weld it on. Unfortunately I have to get the house renovated,repair the roof that storm Katie decided she wanted to rip off and now that its spring the garden is having some kind of explosion all of which stop me playing with the afore mentioned pile of crap. Cheers for now

Attached Files:

tb33anda3rd and brokendown like this.
  11. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Lets see what fits that situation.OHHHHHHHHHHHHH Yeahhhhhhhhhhh."Into every life,little rain must fall".Some times though,it seems like Noah`s Flood.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

12. ugliefrance

ugliefrance

Hi Guys. Need some help. This is starting to do my fucking crust in. I've been looking at this for a month now and just can't find the line that I want. I think the problem is. That there is too much roof height above the drip rail. So i'm thinking a new lid,with a 1or2 inch section above the doors,keep the chop and just bring the roof height down. Does that make sense? It's a bloody lot of work for not much gain. But lines are important right?

13. Do it. You won´t be the first guy to de-crown a roof and you need to hide the truck-ness of what you started with.

14. The37Kid

The37Kid

Too much sail panel area IMO, study a 1935-36 Ford 3Window to see what I mean. Keep going, good project. Bob

loginrc likes this.
  15. ugliefrance

ugliefrance

I know what your saying about the sail panel,but still thinking about a 5 window as well

loginrc likes this.
  16. ugliefrance

ugliefrance

Done it before and fairly certain the problem lies in the crown. More work!

17. Yep!

Does this look like a truck ?
    image.jpeg

Think about where the apex of the roof profile should be according to where you want it.
    Think about where it is in the truck.
    How far apart are the two.
    Here's how I started getting the roof line where I wanted it.
    image.jpeg

Last edited: May 13, 2016
  18. OahuEli likes this.
  19. It's just an opinion, but I would stop building and start drawing. Get a solid plan and then stick to it. Designing it on the hoof is just making life difficult. I'll try and help you out with it if you want.
    The other thing was that you're adding another layer of difficulty by trying to get the thing to lay on the ground. It seems like you're going to have to make a lot of compromises to the styling to be able to do this. I can't see what's supposed to happen with that front fender and the rear fender cuts through the belt line, which is not ideal.
    As I said, just a thought - don't shoot me.

20. xpletiv

xpletiv
    from chiburbs

This will be very interesting when finished as it is so interesting now, I'm staying tuned in!

21. Why not draw him a roof line and rear 1/4 Windows superimposed ?
    Unless teasing me is more fun

Yep- just like that

22. I am totally just kidding. I both love and am constantly amazed by your work on the coupe mr 31 Vicky.

31Vicky with a hemi likes this.
  23. ugliefrance

ugliefrance

Thanks for the feedback guys. I wouldn't shoot any of you down. Because sometimes it just takes another set of eyes. Your close James D. But going to keep the open front fenders. I have in my mind what I want on the rears but not sure on the tail lights. Which will dictate the final shape. Plus a little more out of the rear of the roof and more "swoopy" than a coupe. Thanks again

24. jnr49

jnr49
    from australia
    1. Aussie HAMBers

Read it from the start, this is a amazing build , keep up the great effort and work, at least your doing more then me, my slow

25. I think James D has a good eye on the lines he laid out. Your proportions are off behind your door.... to my eye. 'Course, I've never tried to turn 1/4 of a truck into a car.

26. A front on shot and rear shot would help scope the curve of the roof.

Just a thought.

The door top height and the center height will dictate the amount of curve you can have.

When you look at your sketch, the roof would have to be flat . Either that or the door tops curled deep into the center of roof. If ,,, Lower the door tops and along with that the drip rail, then tge curve side to side across the top and C line height front to back goes where you want it/ need it. Work the doors back in. Building the roof off the existing doors makes the roof go out of your idea sketched fast back lines.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  27. ugliefrance

ugliefrance

Well its been a hell of a day. Took the grinder to the roof for a de-crown it, didn't like it. Rolled a roof with a lower profile. Didn't like that. So this is where were at. Original roof back on. Changed the length of the trunk,altered the deck panel,changed the angle of the rear screen and pulled if forward. I think it flows now. So a bit of hammering and welding and will get some photos up next weekend. Thanks for your help.

28. Zerk

Zerk

Glad to hear that you are on the right track. I'm looking forward to seeing the photos, this build is like terra incognita.

tb33anda3rd likes this.