Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The Kustom Falcon

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kustom.Falcon, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Kustom.Falcon

Kustom.Falcon

2. FrankenRodz

FrankenRodz

Great Job! Perfect color.

3. flamecrazy

flamecrazy

Wow Sounds Great!!!

4. Kustom.Falcon

Kustom.Falcon

Glass is in!
    Seats, headliner, carpet, and door panels are getting hammered out by Classic Upholstery in Visalia, CA

IMG_3048.jpg IMG_3893.jpg IMG_4646.jpg IMG_4995.jpg IMG_4996.jpg IMG_5007.jpg IMG_5010.jpg IMG_8873.jpg IMG_7177.jpg

5. So lemme' get this straight.....you're in Chicago and the car is on the left coast?

6. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

Those are pretty seats. First class job!

7. ClearSpot

ClearSpot
    from Michigan

Interior material choices are looking good!

8. Kustom.Falcon

Kustom.Falcon

Not anymore. I'm in Louisiana and the car is in CA until the interior is finished up.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using H.A.M.B. mobile app

9. Kustom.Falcon

Kustom.Falcon

10. Kustom.Falcon

Kustom.Falcon

11. NOLA is a definite improvement over Chicago, weather wise. Falcon is lookin' good.

12. Kustom.Falcon

Kustom.Falcon

13. Kustom.Falcon

Kustom.Falcon

14. Kustom.Falcon

Kustom.Falcon

Hotdoggin DaddyO, AHotRod and Muttley like this.
  15. lodaddyo

lodaddyo

Looking good man! Looking forward to seeing it in person

Kustom.Falcon likes this.
  16. Kustom.Falcon

Kustom.Falcon

Ha! Me too! Looking for auto transport... Quotes so far are $$$$

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using H.A.M.B. mobile app

lodaddyo likes this.
  17. lodaddyo

lodaddyo

Fly out, drive it back!

18. Randy1944

Randy1944

Man, I almost fainted when I saw the first picture of the Falcon when new. In 1964 I bought my first new car and that was it. Same color, but I had full hubcaps. Mine ran very well and got me in a little bit of trouble on numerous occasions. I really like what you have done to the Falcon, keep up the great work. I sure wish I had my Falcon back.
    Regards,

19. manyolcars

manyolcars

You are in Louisiana and some one in California is building a car for you. How rich were you before you did this? :) It looks stock. Where is the customization?

20. I'm not too busy- I can drive it cross country from CA to NOLA for you next week, long as you send me a plane ticket.

21. Kustom Komet

Kustom Komet

It's beautiful, and it's been a long time coming.

22. Don't skimp on the transport after spending all the money you did having it done.....You get what you pay for!
    There are 3 QUALITY transporters in the Hamb O Dex section : BenD, Racinman Rick & Myself. You can see hundreds of references from other Hambers in the 'O Dex. Keep in mind though we are all booked in advance!

23. Kustom.Falcon

Kustom.Falcon

It's funny: over the years, that's been the driver of me trying to get this done. My dad had a '64 that he hot rodded during the Big Willie era of the San Fernando Valley. He would tell me stories of driving from race to race (spectator), going to the grocery store parking lot to get the low down on the night's race, and he'd always end his stories with, "You know? I wish I hadn't sold that thing." When I look at what I've put into this car, there's not a chance I'll ever get it out, but I never expected to, and God willing, I won't have to. She's a keeper.

24. Kustom.Falcon

Kustom.Falcon

Well... I was in sales instead of sales management at the time, so the answer is: I had a LOT more money!

I was also in California - 31 years strong in the People's Republic. The heritage on the car is pretty cool. It was born and raised in California's Central Valley and was passed around the state until I picked it up in San Miguel, CA for way too much money. But it was complete (I use the term loosely). To lengthen a long story, I started working on the car, realized I didn't have the skills to get at the tough stuff - suspension, paint, etc. so I enlisted the best the Valley has to offer and I'd put them up against anybody in the industry. You'll see their names again but...

Engine: Tim "Y-Block Guy" McMaster, Visalia/Hanford, CA (yblockguy)
    All Fab, Suspension, Assembly, Wiring: Derrek Boling and his crew at Boling Brothers Early Iron, Lindsay, CA (deek)
    Custom Paint, Body, and True Friend: Roy Campa, Campa's Custom Paint, Visalia, CA (car wouldn't have been finished without him!)
    Custom Interior: Todd Son, Classic Upholstery & Trim, Visalia, CA (outstanding!)
    Hand Metal Polishing: Mark Matsuda, Visalia, CA

There are more people that have had their hands on this car than I can name. Bottom line: it's more than I ever expected. Although a friend who knows me best told my wife there's no way I could keep the car as a driver without going overboard. Guess he was right. I bought it to tinker with in the garage and to drive on weekends.

BurntOutOldMechanic likes this.
  25. Kustom.Falcon

Kustom.Falcon

Feeling pretty good about the transport I've got setup. They're the dedicated co for one of the biggest Porsche dealers in the country. Full, enclosed transport - just ask my wallet.

26. Kustom.Falcon

Kustom.Falcon

Quite a compliment from you, sir. I do appreciate the kind words, and you're right - a long, long time coming! Looking back at everything that's occurred in the time I bought the car until now: two kids, two cross-country moves, two new jobs. It's been a ride, for sure.

Last edited: May 28, 2016
  27. Kustom.Falcon

Kustom.Falcon

Got good news comin! EFI has been worked out, tightening up the underside, and should be on it's way for another look at the line pressure and off to final cut and buff.

BurntOutOldMechanic likes this.
  28. AHotRod

AHotRod

What a beautiful ride !

29. ClearSpot

ClearSpot
    from Michigan

Really good to see the car get to this point! Drive it and enjoy it!

30. rebarsfords

rebarsfords