Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Fryeburg, ME Antique Auto Yard Sale & “Show”

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by patmanta, Aug 10, 2015.

1. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

This weekend we hit this show & swap meet in Fryeburg, Maine. Did anybody else catch this one?

Sunday, August 9 :: 2nd Annual Antique Auto Yard Sale & “Show” with Special Guests from Downeast Dickering show
    8AM at Fryeburg Fairgrounds, Route 5 in Fryeburg. Rain date: August 16.
    All types of cars and bikes, project cars, parts on trailers — come to sell or buy in a relaxed environment.
    SPECIAL GUESTS from the DOWNEAST DICKERING TV show… Tony, Duke, Yummy, Mitchell and Walter will be there ready to dickah!!!
    $10 per space; $1 general admission; $5 on-site parking. Proceeds go to our scholarship fun and fuel assistance.
    Sponsored by the Pleasant Mountain Chapter of the Maine Obsolete Auto League (MOAL)
    Food & drinks by Harrison Lions Club, picnic tables, shade trees.
    FMI: Al @ 207-935-3548; www.pmchaptermoal.com

We didn't see anybody from the Downeast Dickering show, but we got there after 10am, so, who knows. There were some good parts there though, as well as some nice cars. I didn't really take pictures unfortunately. Turnout seemed to be a little shy of critical mass with the cars coming in and out and vendors starting to pack in around 11:30 (not bad). We made a nice day of it and I think we'll go and maybe get a spot to sell since it looks to sit between Candia swaps and it says that it's Annual. I'd look for it around this time next August.

I came home with this for VERY short money:

[​IMG]

ABONES likes this.
  2. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

Hey guys, bumping this one back up; I just found the date for 2016 and I scored pretty big last year. This one might be a goodun to get behind too & it is CHEAP to vend:

Sunday, August 14 :: 3rd Annual Antique Sale & Swap Meet
    Fryeburg Fairgrounds, Route 5 in FRYEBURG. 8AM-2PM. Rain date: August 21.
    All types of cars and bikes, project cars, parts on trailers — come to sell or buy in a relaxed environment.
    $10 per space; $1 general admission; $5 on-site parking. Proceeds go to our scholarship fun and fuel assistance.
    Sponsored by the Pleasant Mountain Chapter of the Maine Obsolete Auto League (MOAL)
    Food & drinks by Harrison Lions Club, picnic tables, shade trees.
    FMI: Al @ 207-935-3548; [email protected]; www.pmchaptermoal.com

3. 32 hudson

32 hudson

Thanks for the heads up. I missed or did not know about this meet until after it happened last year' Marked my calendar now.

patmanta likes this.