Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Could we get ID's on any of these early bits?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rustynewyorker, May 13, 2016.

1. I picked up some assorted vintage parts at an auction over the weekend. There were parts for Model T, Model A, Chevy, and even Franklin scattered through the barns. So some of this I just don't know what it could be for.

This is a door skin of some sort. I thought maybe it was for a roadster, but it looks like maybe it had a separate top.

DSCF3148.JPG DSCF3149.JPG DSCF3150.JPG DSCF3151.JPG

Fairly confident this is the cluster for a 1929-1930 Mopar of some sort, but which? it's very similar to one I had for a Dodge several years ago.

DSCF3154.JPG DSCF3155.JPG

I bought a wooden box of parts for five bucks, figured maybe I could put it out at swaps for like 3 for $5. What are these things even, spring hangers?
    DSCF3156.JPG

ModelT con rods? They have a Ford script on them.
    DSCF3157.JPG

Box of stuff. Bellhousing? Flywheel cover? It's cast, looks like aluminum. I think that third bit is a hood latch.
    DSCF3158.JPG DSCF3159.JPG DSCF3160.JPG
    This con rod seems to have a Chevy bow-tie on it. There's three of them with pistons.
    DSCF3161.JPG

Last but not least this trunk, I need to drag it out for some real photos but since I was right there I took one shot. It's an original, probably for a sedan of some sort. It's only about a foot or 15 inches deep, with a spare tire mount on the back.
    DSCF3163.JPG

2. Just to inform....not a Chrysler product instrument cluster panel.

3. carmuts

carmuts

The spring clamps and rods are Model T. Rod

4. fargoguy

fargoguy

Cluster is 28-29 Essex.

5. carmuts

carmuts

Trunk looks to be a Kari-Keen Model A trunk with the spare tire mount. Probably worth $100-$150 to the right buyer. Rod

6. The37Kid

The37Kid

Late Model T Front spring mount, the front engine mount goes in that round area. Note the tapped area in the center of the one on the left, that is were the lower radiator splash apron gets a screw. The Ford Script pistons and rods are Model T also. Bob
    upload_2016-5-13_16-12-35.png

7. Yep....good call.

8. hot rust

hot rust

how much for the instrument cluster?

9. nrgwizard

nrgwizard
    from Minn. uSA

Dash cluster looks like '28 Essex, not 29. While the same style/size, '28 was rather plain, the '29 is very ornate, w/pewter background/overlay.
    FWIW,
    Marcus...

10. Thanks guys.

The door skin seems odd to me in that it's curved from front to back. But it's probably something only the guy with that car is going to recognize.

On the trunk, I actually bought two, but the second one is made of galvanized tin - it's well done, maybe by a tinsmith, but I presume that's going to be a home made or one off, nobody sold aftermarket trunks made that way did they? It has a good shape to it, I thought someone might want it for a T-bucket.

I'll pull that housing off and knock the grime off the casting number sometime this week.