Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Beware COWTOWN SPEED SHOP in Missouri

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by m.ralph, May 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clik

Clik

Ripoffs (and I'm not saying this guy is, because I don't know the whole scoop) should beware that some people, like me, are deviously vindictive and treacherous when wronged. Cameras would NOT save their ass.

INVISIBLEKID likes this.

2. Sure of this? ^^^^^^^^^ I'de like to here what Ryan has to say about your remark.....

3. 19Eddy30

19Eddy30
    from VA

4. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I was able to get ahold of him... I guess he is gonna log in and get a hold of you guys.

Inked Monkey and czuch like this.
  5. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

Wow!!.......Awesome thread Guys!!....Glad I could join in. Looks like lots has been going on since the last time I was on. I especially like the opening where it says "I sent him money and now he won't answer the phone, emails, or text messages.".......Guys My number has been the same for the last 12 years 816-365-2136 for anyone who needs to get ahold of me. I may not always answer my phone as I have found over the years, It is hard to get anything done when you answer a phone all day long. I did notice that "Ralph" (nice guy by the way) left out the fact that I built a custom chassis for him, (That he was very happy with) Sold him a chopped model A coupe body, (That he was also happy with) And Went out of my way to have it all delivered to him for gas money to the Roundup. And Sold him over $2000.00 in New parts for the project For almost Cost.......That is what he purchased from me and that is what he has. I did tell him I would give him a old title (for free) that I have had since I still lived at home. Which took me some time to find. But it has been mailed as well. Bottomline is he got everything he paid for and I hold No grudges........ Believe what you want too

kiwijeff, falcongeorge, Chris and 2 others like this.
  6. Hmmm Always three sides to every story - This guys, That guys and the Truth ......

7. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

Porknbeaner,
    Listen I am easy to get along with and it takes alot to piss me off, But I have to be Honest here.......You are about there. Out of respect for my elders, I ignored and never called you on the Lie you posted on here about me saying I would kick your ass and you PMed me your address, And I never responded....... That is a Fucking Lie!!..And you Know it!!......It can be Proved and Confirmed that you are a Liar Im sure through "Ryan". As I am sure he has access to all PM's since this is his site. You do not Know me! You have Never Met me! You never sent me any PM! I Never said I would kick your Ass!!.....However since you have been around here awhile You have probably Seen stuff I have built. So There for you talking shit about me is just you talking out your Ass!!.....You know we had one disagreement on here. And I even told you I hold no grudges. But Now I am getting Pissed!!....You are repeatedly typing Post calling me a Scammer, And Making up Shit you Know nothing about. Bottomline is I have never Wronged you, So you got your lacie panties in a wad on a thread one time, Drop your purse and get over it!......Don't be a keyboard tuff guy, If you want to call me something, Or if you need help with your project. Just say it to me, Don't try to blast me on here when you know nothing about who I am and have No facts about what you are talking about. 816-365-2136

Last edited: May 13, 2016
    dearjose likes this.
  8. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

Ain't that the truth!!..........No matter to me either way, One thing I have learned about being in business is You can't please everyone No matter what. "Some guys would still kick if you hung them with a Brand New rope." LOL......

verde742 likes this.
  9. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

Alrighty then....I, for one, feel MUCH better now about this whole situation...it's nice to get both sides of the story...I think I'll go outside now and strangle the cat

here kitty, kitty

10. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

3wLarry likes this.
  11. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

I feel better when I choke my chicken:eek:

12. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

Geez!!....Where did you come you from? You clearly posted on the wrong thread!....Didn't you get the Memo? this is the (Bash, Trash and Talk Bad shit On Cowtown Speed Shop thread) How dare you post something other than Bad here.....I swear the Nerve Of some people!!...I am going to PM a Mod to remove Yor unwanted remarks Right now!!.......LOL ...LOL Glad you liked the shirts And Come back anytime.

13. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

Have fun talking trash guys......I am out of here I have Cars to build.
    Doug

14. carmuts

carmuts

Anyway, Thanks for the PM this am. I noticed you disappeared for a while shotly after New Years. I didn't call or post anything as I thought maybe something with the new year went South. Had bipass surgery about that time and have spent most of January and Febuary healing up. Anyway, maybe after 17 months we can finally strike a workable deal. Rod

15. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I have no dog in this fight, but I think your responses to this thread are really bizarre ! Instead of coming on and trying to rationally explain why people haven't been satisfied or able to reach you, you start striking out and having a attitude !

If you are running a business, your customers are entitled to someone who answers the phone and who communicates with them. ESPECIALLY if those same customers are your Brothers on a car forum. You really come across as a poor businessman with a shitty attitude to me. Glad I never opened my wallet to send you any of my money.

Don

16. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

OK fellas... He's communicating again it seems.

Do me a favor, if you don't have an obligation that hasn't been met:

PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR OPINION ON THIS THREAD.

Drama blurs the communication.

Dave Mc, verde742, 1956 F100 and 3 others like this.
  17. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

Ok I just got through reading all of the other thread. This thread that was started By Ralph Miller is Not True. Honestly at first I thought it was kind of funny, But I realize Now from reading some of your comments on here that Some of you take this thread as the gospel. This is crazy!..Are you really that simple minded? I or anyone else could do this exact same thing to any of you members here and people would jump on the bandwagon (just like was done here) and bash you for something that is Not true.......HERES AN IDEA If you are going to Bash someone, How about getting the facts first??.....How about before you base your opinion on someone Actually hear their side first??.....You Know I do not need to defend myself to anyone about something that is total bullshit!!....I been building chassis and cars since I was 10 years old and regardless of what anyone says or thinks about me I will be doing it until the lord calls me home. If you don't like me Don't deal with me, But how about before you don't like me, Atleast Know my Name. You Know I went out of my way to make this deal for ralph. It took him almost 3 months to pay me. everytime he called and said he was sending more money he had some excuse as to why the last check was late. From being ill to a friend being in a tragic Ski accident, And had to help with doctor bills. Gezz!!....Give me a fucking break!...I never said one word about any of his BS excuses. This guy has alot of fucking Nerve and I am done with him, I really though he was a Nice guy (fellow hotrodder) then I read his other remarks. Funny when I talked to him last week he did not say anything like what he is saying on here. He got everything he was promised and I owe him nothing. the only person I owe anything to here is Josh (PA Gas) and that was do to him being sent the wrong parts by mistake. I had thought this was sorted out long ago But I guess I messed up and did not get it taken care of. He will be taken care of today. And Just so there is No confusion. Here is my contact info for everyone, I have nothing to hide.
    Doug Goucher
    (816)365-2136
    [email protected]

Also "Porknbeaner" I am sorry I called you a liar, But I do not remember ever metting or talking to you and I do not remember ever offering to kick your ass, But I am going to give you the benfit of doubt here, Since you say you PM'ed Me your address and I never got it. Please do so again I would like to come by a talk hot rods with you. My address is all over google If you would rather come by my place.
    thanks
    Doug

18. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

Also just an update. Josh (PA Gas) and I are squared up. I am done with this thread.

19. PA Gas

PA Gas

I'll chime in here, Doug and I are good. All squared away. Thank you for taking care of this.

Also, thank you Ryan.

20. prpmmp

prpmmp

You Manned up!!! Got it done!!! Good on you!! Still don't like you:eek:!! Pete

21. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Doug and I did a deal last year, and it took some time, but in the end he did alright by me. I was hoping he would get this straightened out ok too. Like I said further up this thread, my deal was a little slow, and communication wasn't great, but in the end I got my stuff, and not all the delay was his fault, a good part of it was customs fault.

22. Doug
    Give it a month and let us both take time to cool off. I hate to admit it but I really am not easy to get on with on a good day, that is no reflection on you.

Truth is that I learned a trick on line a long time ago, you post something ugly about someone who you can't get ahold of and one of his buddies will say, "Hey so and so is badmouthing you." Hell a few years back we actually had a vendor join the HAMB so he could defend his name and that put the fella and him in contact. problem solved.

I said all that to say this, and more then Doug should pay attention to what I am saying, if Doug and I have bad blood it is between Doug and I. My opinion of someone whether expressed openly or not should not have any bearing on your opinion. Nothing that I posted was for any other reason than to try and get his attention and that is all that you need to know. If it comes to pass that we have differences we will settle it among ourselves and if it was just a clever ruse then I was just clever. I have always wanted to be considered clever.

Anyway getting back to it @Cowtown Speed Shop let the dust settle get yourself caught up and we'll have coffee if you like.

23. BJR

BJR

Another Hamb happy ending.

Blues4U likes this.
  24. Muttley

Muttley

Noooooo!!!! Don't kiss and make up now, I was looking forward to the steel cage death match. :( :D

hrm2k likes this.
  25. Yep!
    And A happy ending is great.
    It's the tempestuous middle that everyone can do without.
    But without that stormy middle there'd be no joy found in the ending being happy and really no reason to add the adjective "happy" to ending.

I needed a 33/34 floor pan really really REALLY bad too.

26. rustyrods

rustyrods
    from Dixon,Il.

My Mistake . Ryan did step in. Hope it all works out.

27. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Well, Friday the 13th AND a full moon tonight.

28. WiredSpider

WiredSpider

In general,Why does it always take a thread like this to get things handled?

thirtytwo and thommoina33 like this.
  29. m.ralph

m.ralph

I guess there are 3 sides to the story Doug. First off , you lied several times. You did not build the frame (it was built by Cory or Ray from Rjay's Speed shop), secondly I did not buy $2000. worth of parts at cost from you, I bought basic frame that you contracted Rjay's to build and it costs $2000., and for the title , you told me that you had the title for the coupe. I asked about how the doors opened & closed since the top was chopped. You said they work great. Drivers door only had one hinge and the alignment was an inch too high, so it was closed & tied closed with a bungee cord. You told me the coupe patch panels were professionally repaired. I disagree with that. A blind guy could have done a better job. You've lied several times that the window garnish molding & title were already sent. I asked for tracking numbers,( which you lied about sending them to me), so you couldn't say the package was sent and lost in the mail. They must be lost because I haven't seen them or the tracking numbers. Was I happy with the coupe, I guess more thankful that I got it. All I have to say to anyone that deals with you , is BEWARE of the liar that is connected with COWTOWN SPEED SHOP in Missouri.

30. prpmmp

prpmmp

^^^^ OOPS!! It ain't over till the fat lady sings!!! Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.