Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest HAMBAndy Ronald McDonald House Charities Video!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by movingviolation, May 12, 2016.

1. movingviolation

movingviolation

After many delays Ronald McDonald House has launched the HAMBANDY video!
    Take a peek at the wonderful Hot Rod built by the many people who call the HAMB a home...

Leon

2. bscc50

bscc50
    from n.e.

great video, great family. thanks for posting.

HOTRODPRIMER and movingviolation like this.
  3. Tony

Tony

Leon,
    Man thanks for sharing that!
    What a moving video. Brought some sadness, followed by a huge smile knowing how happy Andy was with his hotrod, and how his legacy is living on.
    Make's me feel good to have had a small part in making him smile.
    Thank you!

Tony

4. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

Awesome video. Brought back memories, both happy and sad. Always in our hearts.

5. Well done.....could of watch an hour of it

6. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thank you for this video and for keeping HAMBANDY'S memory for all to see.

movingviolation likes this.
  7. Powerful video and a reminder of what the H.A.M.B. and life is all about. Thank you for sharing Leon.

8. Yes,Thank you,,I still have my HAMBANDY Tshirt

9. 26Troadster

26Troadster

10. None of us are much on our own, we like to think that we are. I hate that he had to give his life for it but Andy gave us all a chance to be a small part of something bigger then ourselves. Live on my young friend.

11. movingviolation

movingviolation

So very true..

HOTRODPRIMER and hrm2k like this.
  12. Tony

Tony

13. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Tough guy wiping away tears right now...
    One of the best things to happen on the HAMB or anywhere else for that matter, honored to have been a very small part of it.

Last edited: May 13, 2016
  14. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

geez that pulls at the heart strings....
    thanks for posting @movingviolation

15. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

16. Sinister

Sinister
    from Oregon

17. movingviolation

movingviolation

It is still very hard to believe what started as a few cards, stickers or even a t-shirt spun into trying to get him to a show and then into this amazing build.... If you only knew how many times we talk about the build, the generosity and the amazing members of the HAMB. Who the heck would ever figured this could happen...who would have thought this young man would inspire so many? Sometimes you just have to sit back and chuckle, then reflect on the whole experience and who each and everyone of us had become better people for what we did for Andy..... I have watched this video hundreds of times before the release and seeing the car roll down the dirt road by the ocean is still a moving and reflecting moment of how damn wonderful the people of the HAMB really are.

RustyRedRam, drdave, 29bowtie and 5 others like this.
  18. I hear a lot that we are given troubles for a purpose, or that our life has a purpose that is predisposed. I don't buy into that at all, but I do believe this with all my heart that some of us take our trials and give them purpose. You my friend are a very lucky man, you had Andy in your life, who took his trials and gave them purpose. You from now until you see Andy again are the caretaker of that, you should always hold your head high to have been given that responsibility.

19. I watched the Video and seeing the angelic images of Andy again brought up a flood of emotions,his courage was inspirational.

I vividly recall Andy's enthusiasm was infectious and although he must have been in excruciating pain at times he was always ready to face whatever the challenges he had to meet.

Andy was the Hamb's little brother and he touched our lives,we all offered our thoughts and prayed each time he had to enter the hospital and endure more treatments.

His desire to see his car finished and be able to drive was what kept him going but his health was failing fast.

The hamb mourned with the Dunn Family when God called Andy home at such a young age but not before Andy fulfilled his dream.

Loved the kid! HRP

20. ... i followed his story and i'm feeling with all of you, such a great guy, i'd like to press his hands to wish him a good race, a hot-rod-fun-day or whatever he'd like....

he's an inspiration.

Carsten

21. movingviolation

movingviolation

Thank you... it means a lot.

Our very small hot rod community is growing because of Andy...he just "got it" and he made all of us better people. He was a boy in body, one of us in mind...and believe me when i say he was more than all of us in character and spirit.

22. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

Andy is still my Hero & Inspiration. Just loved the above video. Larry

23. Great vid. Good job guys.

24. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

Thanks for posting this video Leon, it reminds us all what the power of comrodery can accomplish when a young man gave us all a reason. Proud to have known HAMBANDY.

ProEnfo, HOTRODPRIMER, hrm2k and 2 others like this.
  25. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Nice little video.
    I picked up a lot of new friends over the course of the build...so something else to thank Andy for I guess! LoL
    Pretty cool how much effort Chris and Rose put into this Race Day to give us hoodlums a day of fun...of sharing good memories...and also the joy of supporting such a worthwhile cause.
    All in the name of HAMBAndy. :D

26. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

The coolest thread the HAMB has EVER had. Great vid.

drdave, HOTRODPRIMER, hrm2k and 2 others like this.
  27. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

That was a great video, and very inspiring. If it didn't bring a tear to your eye then you don't nee to be on the H.A.M.B. My wife asked what I was watching that made me tear up I told her and showed her. Leon, Andy I would like to Thank you both.
    Tony

28. I am really PROUD to be part of the HAMB.

movingviolation and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  29. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

Awesome video! Great tribute, not just to Andy, but to the family of hot rodders. Well done.

30. That is incredible Thank you so much for sharing and all you are doing.Hobo Jim