Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Nando haase dragster info

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hutson, Jan 30, 2016.

1. Hutson

Hutson
    from Socal

looking for some info on what happened to the Fed after rolling over at bakersfield in the mid 60s. Thanks!!!

2. Nando had his rollover at the '66 March Meet. He was running a Gilmore chassis, and the story was that at the '66 March Meet, a lot of the Gilmore chassis cars were having issues with traction. It wasn't the chassis that was causing issues, it was the condition of the track from all of the oildowns. He was teamed with John Smyser at the time.

I met Nando Haase many years ago when he was living in Hesperia and had a trucking business. The last known number for his business was 760-244-1921. I heard he had possibly moved to Arizona (Bullhead or maybe Havasu) a few years ago. I often wondered what had happened to the car as well. It was a good-looking car, and would be a nice one to restore/duplicate if you wanted to do a Cackle car. I had thought about it a few years ago, but had too many other projects. If you want to see the car in color, look at the November 1965 issue of Hot Rod Magazine.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  3. SNS FAB

SNS FAB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just came across this old post, thought I would add a little to it. Nando is living in Kingman, AZ. I spent about two hours this afternoon with him talking about the old days. His second Rader Wheels car, built by George Britting, has been found and is being restored. The owner of the car brought it to Kingman to have Nando authenticate it. Can't wait to see another one of these old fuelers restored.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  4. I had the opportunity to see it about 6 weeks ago. The resto work is coming along slowly but surely.