Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Jalopy Showdown 2016 date?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lothiandon1940, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Yes, we camp Friday night. Always lots of Fun! Please stop by. We will have lots of food, drinks, and wild stories, that get better each time we tell them. lol Ron...

mad mikey and lothiandon1940 like this.
  2. pro56

pro56
    from md

Thinking about camping this year. Can you camp Sat. night.

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  3. Was wondering the same thing for Sat night.

4. Dino 64

Dino 64
    from Virginia

Hope the rain stops by then !

5. I camped Sat. night last year. Ron... someone will come around to collect the money for camping at your site.

Last edited: May 9, 2016
  6. I might be doing that sat night. I never tried to reserve a camp space, if you were supposed too.. If needed I'll sleep in the roadster or at least right next to it.

7. I'm going to try and make this one as well. No cool ride for me as they are all in pieces.

8. Cool man! I'll hit you up later about heading up there. It's gonna be sweet!

9. ..................You won't regret it. Hopefully you can hook up with some of the other folks from Virginia.:)

10. Dino 64

Dino 64
    from Virginia

Otto, where are you in Virginia? Maybe we can hook up ?

11. oj

oj

Whats the deal on camping overnight? Do you need a reservation or just stake a claim? hay Ron, what time you boys meeting up in Waterloo or coming thru Berryville?

12. wagoon78

wagoon78
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I hope to get there Friday night to camp out. Usually they have defined camping areas and people there to help out and show you where to go. They can always direct you on who you need to pay for camping. Great show and I look forward to it every year.

13. The weather will decide if I bring the coupe, hope its nice, would like to camp and make it a two day deal.

14. I know its a bit far out but I have been checking the weather forcast there all this week and its supposed to be real nice Sat, cloudy with a little rain on Fri, Nice Sat and nice Sun. I'll be bring stuff to camp just incase. We will see how it goes but I may head up and back in the same day.

15. oj

oj

I'd like to camp out but it is low lying area right there and a mess if it has rained recently. It might be a day trip, won't make a call until Wed or Thursday.
    has anybody heard from HotRodLadyCruiser? I'd go for one of Denises' cookies!

16. I'm in Winchester. I just found out that this is also the weekend for the Luray swap meet. I have a ride in a T speedster if I go.

17. .........................Does the swap meet go on Sun as well as Sat? If so you could hit the Showdown on Sat. and check out the swap on Sunday.:D

18. In case you didn't know, there is a swap meet section at the Jalopy Showdown, maybe not as big as the one in Luray. I've never been to the one in Luray. Is it pretty decent?

19. www.mapwsm.com
    "2nd annual Mid-Atlantic Pre-War Swap Meet, scheduled for May 19-21, 2016"

This has the makings of a good weekend!

20. ..........Very good! So no problem making it to both events.:D

21. I dunno about Luray. I've never been to it either. I learned about it through my T friends. My T needs a few odds and ends still.

22. Gabby

Gabby

Lots of T stuff. at last years Luray. 36 vendors signed for this year. I will vend at Luray on Fri and Latimore on Sat.

23. oj The guys that I meet up with are from the towns of Shenandoah and Stanley. They just give me a call on my cell, when they are on the way. And meet up with them at waterloo. Last year I think it was about 10:00 am. Friday morning. If you want, I could do the same for you, for Berryville. Just pm me your number. We go 340 and 15. Thanks Ron...

oj and lothiandon1940 like this.
  24. scarylarry

scarylarry

Hey everyone, thanks for the interest in the show! We have 68 people signed up for the swap meet at the Showdown this year. If you are a vendor you can get in to set up Friday after noon....get there before you are going to have to sit and wait. Just show up for camping. There are no hook ups and the money collected goes right to the museum. As in the past years, museum volunteers will be taking care of all the camping and spectator parking. They will get you in a spot. Watch the Showdown facebook page for last minute updates from the grounds. Kim and I will be there from Thursday on.

Last edited: May 13, 2016
  25. scarylarry

scarylarry

Almost forgot, we usually start letting cars on the infield around 7:30....or when we have enough help to do it! It's a pretty early show start. When the infield fills up we start parking in the area we save right across the bridge in the camping grove. It's almost like two shows at this point! Also you are good to camp through to Sunday. Thanks to everyone for cleaning up after themselves, it makes things a lot easier on us after the show!

26. Thanks for the updates, Larry. Hope all is good with you and yours.:)

27. oj

oj

I just checked the longrange weather forcast for Latimore PA and they say (drum roll please) SUNSHINE! from Thursday thru Sunday with temps in the upper 70's! Rain quits Tuesday, Wed is partial sunny - so it looks good boys!

28. Really pumped for this one, as I have never been. Something always got in the way in the past but I wont miss it this year! I just don't want to wait a week!

29. oldsroller

oldsroller
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from PA

Appreciate the update!

30. Sorry gents! I will not be going this year. It has been confirmed that I will be co-piloting a T to Luray on Saturday.