Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My 1947 Chevy Fleetline build

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by EnfadosoS, Mar 6, 2014.

1. EnfadosoS

EnfadosoS

Thanks carnal!! RelicS C/S

2. EnfadosoS

EnfadosoS

Well haven't been here in a while as we all know work family and life happens! Well here are some things I've done after I got the pipes done! [​IMG]
    Motor blew at muffler shop! So had to buy another motor because summer was here![​IMG]
    Did what any other eager beaver that wants to drive his car! Took the old mans word I bought the motor off of that it ran great!

504640 likes this.
  3. 504640

Car is looking great with skirts and lowering! So you have a 235 now. Have you installed the PG gear set yet? I am like you: A fleetline owner that loves customs and chevy bombs!

4. EnfadosoS

EnfadosoS

Thanks! Yea well had a 235 I'm just catching up on my thread!

5. EnfadosoS

EnfadosoS

6. EnfadosoS

EnfadosoS

So I was wrong about the engine! It fired up ran hard but smoked horribly! So end of summer decided to rebuild with a close buddy of mine! [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

7. EnfadosoS

EnfadosoS

[​IMG]
    Got engine all rebuilt Installed new rings,bearings, new cam, crank polished and balanced new oil pump and all new gaskets! The head was mangafluxed and installed new valve guides and re surfaced! It started up like a champ.
    Drove it to work next day to break her in and that's what she literally did "Broke" started slightly knocking on my way home! Checked my oil sure than shit seen fine brass in my oil! I dropped my pan and #6 cylinder had spun a rod bearing! [​IMG]
    Found out number 6 rod was out of round! Flushed oil galleys and cleaned motor as best as possible and took the risk! Installed a new rod new bearing and hoped for the best! [​IMG]
    I was wrong again!!! On my way to a show not even 20 miles from my house the same noise appeared!

8. Do you have an oil pressure gauge installed? What was the pressure before the noises?
    I hope you get it sorted soon, with minimal trouble.

9. EnfadosoS

EnfadosoS

Yes oil pressure gauge n line were working great! Oil pressure never dropped! But my story on this car goes on after i got it towed home I decided enough was enough! My close buddy offered his help in fixing it[​IMG]
    Took it to his shop and started planning hard after a few cold ones!! [​IMG]