Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sunday models

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by milo1303s, Mar 16, 2014.

1. musclecars

musclecars

Been a while since I posted some models,here is one I just finished and some that are in progress.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

In Progress

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I know they are from last year,but time hath no fury,they will get done soon...lol

2. philo426

philo426

AMY '57 body on a r/C chassis converted to slots.No decals! [​IMG]

3. 302aod

302aod
    from Pelham,Tn.

The great looking models from 2CNEWWEY, but the Ford truck is not a 56 it's 53,54,55. The vent windows would be more rectangle if it was a 56 and a more up right windshield and the grille is different.

4. Joberg044

Joberg044

[​IMG] first mock up. Cut the leaf springs off of the axle and added "blocks".

5. Darrell Cook

Darrell Cook

That 3 window is freakin sweeeeeeetttt...

Bubbletop is gonna be nice when finished.. Always loved those cars..

I finished the interior on the Nomad. It aint pretty but its done. This will be the 2nd model I have finished after a 15 year hiatus.. At least that is my excuse.. lol
    IMG_1958.JPG IMG_1959.JPG

6. Joberg044

Joberg044

[​IMG] last one before paint...

7. I think I may be the first to post this Sunday. I like the vintage concept cars of the past. This is the Ford Leva car. I pulled it from my old collection of models. A very easy build. But most of all it was a FUN build. And I also hope to see, some of your models today. Thanks Ron... 020.jpg

8. This one I painted and drew a sketch of it. 022.jpg 023.jpg

9. Does anyone like or have any vintage Si Fi, and Concept models ? I thank they 021.jpg are COOL!

10. herb deeks was into that stuff at one point

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Thanks Southpire, That' pretty Cool! 015.jpg 016.jpg Here is a few pictures of the Lave coupe around town. lol Ron...

Joberg044 likes this.
  12. It's funny it came with 4 rubber band tubes and 4 mouth pieces . So you could have your friends blow air into it, to make it hover. lol See them in the photo. They were petrified and hard as a rock.lol What seams funny now was very cool back then. Look for the tubes. lol 020.jpg 028.jpg

13. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Nothing ground breaking this week, just a nice clean built 41 Plymouth IMG_0816.JPG IMG_0821.JPG IMG_0822.JPG IMG_0823.JPG

Blownfuel, kiwijeff, gonmad and 4 others like this.
  14. Sauli

Sauli

Monogram 1960 Impala, finished in Dupont 1972 Buick/Opel "Strato Blue",
    2-stage basecoat-clearcoat acrylic.[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-J500FN using H.A.M.B. mobile app

15. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  16. georgetheanimal

georgetheanimal

i bought the same model and im building mine as a gasser...of course thats all i build my models as, but just a thought.

Joberg044 and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  17. '49 Merc Summer project on the Primer table at the
    Mid-Atlantic NNL show hosted by M.A.M.A.
    Lyle W. takes way better photos than me.
    Hoping he'll post them up soon.
    20160514_115239.jpg
    20160514_115306.jpg
    p.s. picked up a set of Steve Boutte 's '54 Merc taillights.
    #SB-102 Replicas and Miniatures Co. of Maryland.
    Happy to see Norm doing well.
    20160515_115226.jpg

18. Here's a '41 Plymouth I'm working on
    Plymouth01.jpg Plymouth02.jpg Plymouth03.jpg

19. Wow! I just got home from church, and couldn't wait to see this thread. Great stuff today, and thanks! I built the little Leva Car this week. I had a blast building it. And even more FUN taking the photos of it. here are a few more just for fun. Ron... 030.jpg 033.jpg 036.jpg

Kit Bash likes this.
  20. philo426

philo426

21. Saw your sketchings on the Friday Art Show, Ron.
    I have a bagged Moon Scape gluebomb in my build pile.
    The LevaCar always has intrigued me...
    my thoughts are on displaying it on some sort of base using magnets
    to give it a "floating" effect.

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  22. musclecars

musclecars

cool stuff this Sunday fellas',rocket,love the '41 Plymouth.I checked out Lyle's pics last night and as always some great pics.I've been at the bench working on a few projects,did some painting and am in the process of finishing up my Hank's Speed Shop garage for the diorama I'm building for doing photo's of my finished models.

What it looked like this past Monday
    [​IMG]

What it looks like so far since last night and today
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Two that have been painted and waiting their turn for assembly.The '39/'40 Ford is painted Tamiya Desert Sand and the '37 Ford 'vert is painted Tamiya Racing Blue over Dupli-color Black primer with body painted Model Master lacquer Black.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    And finally a pic of the workbench while I'm finishing up the garage,quite a mess but hopefully tonight I'll have it done......yeah right !
    [​IMG]

Thanks for looking and don't super glue the fingers....takes forever to clean off.

23. Darrell Cook

Darrell Cook

A little progress here. I am definitely not proud of this one but I just want to get it finished so I can move on. Getting closer.

IMG_1968-1.jpg IMG_1969-1.jpg IMG_1971-1.jpg IMG_1973-1.jpg

24. NHRANUT

NHRANUT
    from Western PA

That is Sweeettt Darrell!

25. philo426

philo426

Agreed! The Nomad came out great!

26. Thanks everyone for all the cool post yesterday. I would love to have that Nomad in my collection! Muscle cars, That's a cool garage. Can't wait to see more post with it. Joker,I hope you can pull that off, that be really cool. Rusty Rocket, maybe not ground breaking for you, but it would be for me. LOVE IT. Thanks everyone else too. This thread makes Sundays even more FUN. I try add photos with my post, so here is a couple more of the Leva car, around town. lol Ron... 026.jpg 025.jpg 032.jpg 037.jpg

rodncustomdreams likes this.
  27. Darrell Cook

Darrell Cook

Thanks guys.. I really hope the next one I start (not sure which Ill pull out of the pile) will be an improvement over this one.. Practice makes perfect.. At least that is what I have been told.. All of these builds drive me to make a better model next go around.. Great job to all!

28. That is a decal from the old Auto World modeling mail order company. In the 60s that was a BIG deal, especially for us rural modelers who didn't have a big hobby shop in town. Oscar Kovelesky owned the company and was into all the big modeling events around the country. He published a big catalog and sent out a mimeographed news letter to 'insiders' with all the hot modeling scoop. He participated in the Revell national model contests that ran circa 1963-1965, and was friends with the big guys particularly Ed Roth.

29. Darrell Cook

Darrell Cook

The next project that Ive already started even though I havent finished the Nomad is not going to be HAMB friendly so Ill just show a couple pics and then once this one is finished maybe a final. Ill eventually do another that is more in line with the website at some point..

67 Camaro and Im gonna attempt to do a modern drag car setup. Twins, LS and a full cage. This is a redo of a model I finished way back in the late 90's while in college. I didnt take any before photos before the tear down which I regret.
    IMG_1981.JPG IMG_1982.JPG IMG_1985.JPG