Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Cheap and quick paint ideas needed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by brkile, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Actually I did the Maaco thing a few years ago on a '69 Chevelle I had. Got the body right and let them spray it. Looked as good as most of the rest of them high priced m-cars.
    I can tell you that I got a boat of money when I sold it.

2. I want to see him do the whole car!

3. A Boner

A Boner

Inexpensive, quick, and paint job are words that don't belong together. Maaco is probably the best combination of those three. Inexpensive and do it yourself go together real good.....but forget the quick part. Most Maaco shops are independently owned.....and results can vary. If you pick the correct Maaco and have your car READY to spray, it's hard to beat, when on a limited budget. The guy at Maaco sprays many cars daily. In our area, the closest Maaco shop does a lot of car dealer touch up jobs. If a Detroit quality paint job is good enough for what you are building, give them a try. If not, save up $5000.00 or MORE and get a better one. If you can do decent prep.....Maaco can lay on a decent paint job.

4. My A is a rattle can job, that also has a black wash on it finished with polyurethane clear. It started out just because I wanted to try different looks but have been pleased with the results enough to keep it.

It needs some cleaning up since I've been doing some engine work but here is how it looks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

283john likes this.