Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest 2016 SK 500 / Inspiration Award winners / Ryan Cochran & Dennis McPhail

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by straykatkustoms, May 4, 2016.

1. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The past five years we have been giving away a special award to guys that have inspired me
    through out the thirty plus years. This has turned out better then I had imagined and nothing kooler
    then to publically thanking guys that have meant a lot to our club and our hobby.

Past winners:
    Carl Green, Roger Ward, Ron Myers, Gary Mundy, Jeff Myers, Daryl Starbird & Jerry Titus.
    5.JPG

This years winners are Ryan Cochran and Dennis McPhail. I can't even imagine how many guys they have inspired over the years to build and drive Hot Rods and Kustoms. We have been blessed to have them in our hobby. Here is a kool link that Ryan posted years ago...

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/?p=4381

The Inspiration award ceremony will be at 1:30 Saturday afternoon
    in the Heritage Café & Pub in Dewey.

Look forward to seeing ya guys, Happy Trails, Mick

Stogy, lothiandon1940, gonmad and 3 others like this.
  2. gonmad

gonmad

It's awesome that you are recognizing the people that have inspired you over the years man, that means a lot to a lot of people.

Also, thanks for bringing that old post up Mick, I had never read that.

3. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

4. gonmad

gonmad

image.jpeg Speaking of "inspiration" awards, Mick was awarded the Crossmembers Club pick for the show. As Ryan and Dennis have been an inspiration to a lot of people, Mick has been an true inspiration to a lot of guys around the Midwest with his shows and how he runs them. How they are not just a car show, but more like a family reunion of sorts, just happens to be a bunch of Kool cars there too! LoL! Mick stands for everything the Crossmembers do and does it in a fabulous way!! He's the real deal!
    Thanks Mick!!

Sorry for the little hoopla about it, as it was raining and getting ready to storm!!

5. Old Tin and New Tin

Old Tin and New Tin

Congrats Mick, you deserve the recognition.

straykatkustoms likes this.
  6. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

7. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Lol, You're timing was purrfect, you caught me way off guard with the Crossmembers Club award. Because of the rain we were handing out the awards fast and I was shocked when I turned around and you were there smiling at me. Kool honor to be chosen for the award. Thank you very much...

8. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Well deserved my friend!

9. wide34

wide34
    from Texas

I believe you deserve every award possible for putting on such a great event and as several others have said "it isn't just a car show, its a family reunion!". I know I really enjoy getting to visit so many people and everyone admires the way you put on the show- Many thanks and job well done!

10. Mick's involvement with Herb during his sickness and his last days (well, naturally, he was a good friend to him all along, but the last few months was a highlight) really exemplifies what the CrossMembers are all about....being there for folks when they need it most and showing love, compassion, concern and genuine friendship to your fellow human being. I know Mick didn't go out and do all he did with Herb for recognition or pats on the back, but sometimes it's encouraging to others to see the good folks do. In this day and age, sometimes it's easy to get all down on our fellow man....there's still good guys out there and Mick is one of the goodest.

(....but not to hijack the thread, cuz I think Ryan and Dennis are in the goodest group, too....thus Mick's recognition of them. :D)

11. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Solid, solid folks around...

12. Congrats all around! After leaving Saturday night, I was glad to hear we gave the CM pick to Mick. Three influential guys in this hot rod and custom world deserving of recognition.

drdave likes this.
  13. donc1

donc1
    from Oakville

I recognize Carl Green...in the hat. Great guy - taught me a lot in the short time I worked for him 80's.