Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Model A, Hemi and the six inch chop

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by v8paul, Mar 27, 2015.

1. v8paul

v8paul
    from england

I better not say then how long I waited, I must have caught him at a good time, as it wasn't years !
    I'll consider myself extra lucky.

I can't believe how many projects they have on the go and still find time to do mine.

2. GeeRam

GeeRam

:D To be fair, yours isn't a full on start to finish build, which I think is what Adrian was talking about in terms of projects in line, and what I was asking about, as he said those were in addition to all the other stuff they undertake......which ties in with what you said in your last sentence.
    When are you hoping to have it done by....?

3. v8paul

v8paul
    from england

Originally I contacted Adrian for a rough idea how much it would cost to knock my chassis into shape with the suspension, motor and box installed. After meeting up with him at the workshop it made sense to go a bit further. He also said once started on a project people often ask for more work to be done. Sure enough I've done the same. Adrian seemed keen to carry on and I couldn't help myself but ask him to keep going.

He's almost completed what I originally asked, on time and on budget so that's pretty damned good going !

I'm hoping he'll have it a bit longer than originally expected, and the time frame has gone out the window. :)

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  4. Vegas_Cleaver

Vegas_Cleaver

will it be making it to pendine?

5. v8paul

v8paul
    from england

That would be a really great thing to get involved with, racing on the beach, but certainly not this year.
    I'll have to join the club first... that's if they'll have me !

6. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Hard to believe... I might like the frame now more than the chop! WOW. Gary

7. v8paul

v8paul
    from england

Yeah i know what you mean, the chop is just another chop, but the frame has become something special.
    There arn't too many A's, with a heavy chop, with Hemi's, on original frames, with fenders... not around here anyway :D
    Hopefully it should make a great car when it's all nailed back together.

8. GeeRam

GeeRam

I'm sure Neil will let you join VHRA..... :)
    There's nothing on yours that would contravene VHRA rules, assuming you are not going to be running discs and radials in it's revised form?
    Getting an entry for Pendine though is another matter entirely with the shear popularity of the event now after all the publicity and awards :rolleyes:
    I'll be there again next month as support crew.

9. v8paul

v8paul
    from england

Thanks, that's good to know that i might at least be able to join the VHRA and no, there certainly won't be any discs and radials :D.

I realise racing on the beach has probably past me by with it's popularity, i shall give it a try but it won't be the end of the world. I've not even been yet, just getting there to watch would be good enough.

I hope it all goes well next month for you !

10. GeeRam

GeeRam

You really need to add it to your 'to do' list......it's worth it, even though it's not the most accessible place in the world.
    Even when Jon finishes my 32, I doubt I'll ever get an entry, but like you it's not the end of the world to me, and I'll still go each year to support the event and friends that have an entry. It's just such a great weekend....:cool:

11. v8paul

v8paul
    from england

I've kind of written this year off from going to events as i like going in a proper car ;).
    Definitely going to Pendine next year, i want to go in the coupe, racing or not. And of course there are the hillclimbs which look fun... again racing or not !
    Being nosey... is that Jon Golding that's building your '32 ? :)

12. GeeRam

GeeRam

;):D

13. v8paul

v8paul
    from england

Rolling, rolling, rolling !

How cool is that picture, wow it looks good on borrowed slicks.

Floor alterations and repairs before the body goes on… i can’t wait

[​IMG]:)

14. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

This is such a cool build!

15. bengeltiger

bengeltiger

The rolling chassis looks great! Loving this build.

16. GeeRam

GeeRam

Looking good.....:cool:

17. v8paul

v8paul
    from england

Thanks folks, this is certainly the best car i'll ever own !

18. v8paul

v8paul
    from england

In the scheme of trying to keep as much stuff as possible, the fuel tank was one of them. Firewall reversed for more hemi space, apparently that means the tank won’t fit.

[​IMG]

Adrian’s answer to that was this, a mixture of the original plus some hand made… fuel tank untouched.

[​IMG]

And it fits in a treat

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looking pretty mean

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lastly the most bad ass picture !

[​IMG]

19. bengeltiger

bengeltiger

Firewall looks great!

kiwijeff likes this.
  20. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Still going to run fenders? Gonna look so mean!

Dave Walker likes this.
  21. v8paul

v8paul
    from england

Thanks, I'm over the moon with it. I'll have to take time off work when it comes back... Just to sit and look at it :)

bengeltiger likes this.
  22. v8paul

v8paul
    from england

Yeah sure am going to run fenders. I love it without, but as they are in great shape it seems a shame not to use them. I think it'll be a little different too, to keep them on. One day in the future they may accidentally fall off ... ha ha ;)

23. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

In think with the chop and hemi it'll look meaner with them on. I'm excited to see it together :)

24. v8paul

v8paul
    from england

Glad you are following along... 'Cause I'm excited to see what happens too !
    Somehow the hood is going on as well, including the sides, proper stealth mode... Apart from the giant bulges :)

Tim likes this.
  25. A mean looking chassis and engine, combined with a good chop and full fenders will be a knockout. Keep the fenders, they add to the sinister appearance.

26. v8paul

v8paul
    from england

Thanks, I do like the before state after the chop, so it should still look good fendered. Really looking forward to seeing it progress some more ;)

27. ASBO

ASBO
    from KERNOW

WOW this thing is ace!!! i followed your thread on the NSRA site when chopped it and thought it was cool now its a diferent level all together. I know its just on the slicks to get it rolling but they look cool as fk on there

28. brady1929

brady1929

29. v8paul

v8paul
    from england

Glad you found it over here, i chickened out of posting it on the other site just incase it was seen by the wrong eyes !

Yeah certainly jumped up a few levels getting Buckland involved. Its enough to make me stop and think, seeing it on slicks, so many great styles to choose. Harley suggested spindle mounts on the front, if i saw that as well i'd be tempted to keep the slicks !

I should of passed it straight to them at the start. Nevermind i had fun playing roof chops.

30. v8paul

v8paul
    from england

Thanks !