Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods seat I.D.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tb33anda3rd, May 7, 2016.

1. i think they are from a dune buggy. any body know what year. i am working on a sixties hot rod. DSCF5013.JPG

volvobrynk likes this.
  2. The37Kid

The37Kid

Is that one of those seats that were featured in the "Little Pages" made from an old shopping cart? Bob[​IMG]

3. F&J

F&J

all the bottom piping is old VW bug. mid 60s and older if the color is stock

65 was last year of ivory adjuster knob I think

4. thanks, that puts it in the right time frame. the bucket is fiberglass and is hinged at the front for access behind them. they work really well in this coupe because it is channelled 6+ inches.

5. Looks like an old dune buggy seat to me....

660673.jpg

Hnstray and tb33anda3rd like this.
  6. i like the idea of mounting them with clamps, like in the photo. this will give me an "adjustment" without having to find sliders, that would raise the seats too high. thanks for posting.

7. thunderplex

thunderplex

I've thought about that article many times over the years. Glad to read it again. Thanks. Grocery stores probably lost many carts because of this article.

Sent from my SM-N910V using H.A.M.B. mobile app

8. The37Kid

The37Kid

If you do a HAMB search the full feature will turn up. I read it in the original issue many years ago. Bob

9. Timbofor

Timbofor

I have the same seats in my OT vw glass street buggy. Those are stock seat rails in a generic glass seat tub. You can still buy the seats and the covers. Not real comfortable for road use. I sectioned the back of the rails to lower the seat about an inch so it didn't pinch my legs and gave me more room. The seat bottom was just way too flat.

10. i have to do the same. i was guessing on a bumpy road they would probably be a pain in the ass.