Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Wheel Options for Anglia Spindles

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nosdan, May 5, 2016.

1. nosdan

nosdan

I'm new to Anglia axles and options and wanted to ask what are my options for fitment of wheels. I'm gather parts for a short wb FED an have an Anglia axle w/ Anglia spindles. Since it's a 50's styled build, I'm open to steel wheels and such, not set on wire wheels.

What wheel/hub combinations work with Anglia spindles? Photos also welcomed! Thanks for the ideas and input.

Dan

Last edited: May 5, 2016
  2. nosdan

nosdan

3. Phil1934

Phil1934

4. I really like the old 5 spoke mags,you don't see them much anymore.HRP

[​IMG]

nosdan and hipster like this.

5. oj

oj

Any of the wire spoke wheels are for anglia spindle & hubs, they'd be right for a sportsman FED. SPE was mfgr of the really nice ones, I have seen period FED's with anglia steel wheels - I remember them being a wide5 wheel, like a volkswagen.

6. RICK R 44

RICK R 44

seem to remember someone telling me that V W beetle wheels will fit. Never tried them , so don't know for sure.

7. Bearing Burner

Bearing Burner
    from W. MA

Try stock Anglia . The Stock wheels look like VW but I don't believe VW will fit as VW bolt pattern was metric and Anglia English. I have stock Anglia on my '65 Chassis Research dragster.

8. The early 5 stud VW wheel fits but has a different offset (early vw vans used 16, then bugs had 15")

9. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

chassisshop.com Mears Michigan
    they have a alu front wheel hub for the Anglia spindle PN C42-590 which will allow you 3 different wheel bolt patterns to suit your needs. I also have some cut down Ford RE housings and axles for sale if the need arises $495 100_2314.JPG

10. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

I have always liked the look of the original 12 spoke spindle mount wheels on the short FED's, it won't be the least expensive option though.

11. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

The 15" 12 spokes were for Ford spindles, but they can be machined and the bearings adapted to fit Anglia type spindles. The other is the 18" 12 spoke and they too are Ford spindle. They did make a 17" 12 spoke that fit a Anglia spindle for the twin engine dragsters.Because of the weight of the car, the wire wheel would not hold up. General price for these type wheels are over a $1000 for the Ford spindle and for the 17" Anglia is around $1800+(not many left)

12. nosdan

nosdan

Thanks for all the help! I'll have to keep my eye out on some Anglia steel wheels. Any pictures of the Anglia steelies?

13. rooman

rooman

First question re the factory Anglia wheels--do you have the original hubs?

Roo

14. Larry T

Larry T

Stock Anglia wheels/hubs -- not exactly a light weight setup. And they're 16".
    Anglia Flip top.jpg

15. Kentucky Mark

Kentucky Mark

Any housings still available?