Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs The Wolk Merc - The Bunny At The Bar

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, May 4, 2016.

1. Nearly the perfect Merc....the only thing that would make it perfect was if it was in my garage instead of the one with the plywood console and headrest bucket seats that my tail plants in now. LOL Gives me something to shoot for, though naturally, I will never achieve it, but having the target out there makes it easier to aim in the right direction. The details on this car are over the top. Had the pleasure of getting to study it in Kansas City earlier in the year. Really, Dave's humbleness is the backdrop to the subtlety of the whole thing. Fantastic job Dave!!

2. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

David builds with Extreme taste.....and is very modest. He also builds some of the nicest period correct air cleaners around.Class Act guy.

3. SuperFleye

SuperFleye
    Alliance Vendor

Love it! Subtle. Beautiful...and mean in the dark!!

4. seatex

seatex

Stunning and succinct analogy, Ryan. Just like the car................so much more than just a mere Merc.......

Also, it's good to have you back! (after Monday's cryptic lead post I was afeard you had indeed gone the way of your literary kindred spirit and muse, Hunter S. Thompson).

5. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

Total package inside and out, exterior, interior, under the hood....perfection

6. seatex

seatex

Hell yes, call me "Hands Solo"!

7. No doubt, one of the best Merc.'s I've seen!

8. I'm in love, no doubt about it. Looks like a completely perfect car from 1952 or 3.

9. perfect balance of color, chrome and customizing.

10. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I'd like to see it in black.

11. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

I'm seriously in the minority on this forum...but I've never cared for Customs...especially Mercs

strike a poser likes this.
  12. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Funny you should say that... On his tech sheet, David wrote - "I just tried to build a Merc as it would have been in done in 1953 or so..."

13. Woodie

Woodie

A Very Beautiful "Merc" built by a very talented and meticulous builder.!! "Attention to detail,Attention to detail".!! Well Done David.!!

14. Blade58

Blade58
    from apopka ,Fl

Very nice nothing flashy, very subtle other the then chop the more you look the more you notice things and the more you like.

15. SLAMIT

SLAMIT

It's like that Girl in High school who wore the same outfit as that other girl except for some reason she just fills it out in all the right ways. Every time you walk into the same room she takes your breath away and you cant help and blush yet you don't know why. And that to me is where Pure sexiness is defined!
    This Merc also takes my breath away for those same reasons. I am lusting just the same.

16. autobilly

autobilly

Generous photographic coverage. Very nice!

17. there is always one sister who's genomic D.N.A. sequence was just a little different than the others.......

18. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

The first time I saw it, I could tell it was an amazing car sitting in the Goodguys host hotel parking lot in Des Moines among a couple hundred cool hotrods and customs. It had that special glow to it sitting under the night sky at about 11:30 that 4th of July weekend.

19. scrumptious! I just wanna go lick it....

20. El Jefe

El Jefe
    Alliance Member

We all agreed and hence this was the winner of the "Kontinental Pick" at the LSRU 2016 this year and David walked away with the hardware. Congrats one again David and crew.

21. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Dave is a neat guy to deal with. I bought his air cleaners for my '34 PU and the current '40 project, and they're beautifully made parts. He was exceptionally cooperative in getting me just what I wanted.

Nice Merc, too.

22. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That is an inspired bit of writing! Looks like you have passed your 10,000 hours at the keyboard, Boss.
    Oh, and the car . . . all you need to know is that it got pgan to chime in and extoll its virtues . . . beautiful.

23. Sprout

Sprout

Beautiful Merc

24. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

The color is indeed unique. David says it's grey and this shot (taken in neutral, overcast light, which gives true color) shows that. I believe that it is toward the cool side of grey which would indicate a slight bluish cast. I shot it ten times over the weekend, each time different. The reflections in this shot make it appear darker than it really is. Lonestar 2 (1 of 1)-2.jpg It is a perfect color choice, like every other choice David made!

63fdsnr likes this.
  25. desotot

desotot

Yup, that is a beautiful merc, like those Hudson tail lights.

26. I can't say anything that has not already been said about this merc. I checked it out at Salina and Des Moines last year. I am sure I will check it out the next time I see it also. It sucks a guy in just like that bunny you were talking about.