Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Who's Building a T?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Slimegreeeeeen, Nov 19, 2011.

1. daddio211

daddio211

Slowly moving along...
    1455240819778.jpg

2. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This is a handsome car, just needs taller rear wheels IMHO.

ZZLEGEND likes this.
  3. Mr cheater

Mr cheater

Slime green Looks like you nailed the stance I like it

Slimegreeeeeen likes this.
  4. ZZLEGEND

ZZLEGEND

roadster movie 4.JPG roadster movie 3.JPG
    Thanks El. Ya. I think so to. I had black 16's on it for a while and I liked the size of the rears. 700x16. Might have to find some taller whites later. Maybe one day they will give tires away.....If you know what I mean. Mark.

5. oj

oj

Still pluggin along on mine, frame is painted and working on the suspension stuff. Other bits and pieces are being chromed, headlight & taillight housings are off to the pinstripers. I've been working on the gas tank, these things are so tiny that I thought I'd add a luggage rack to the top of the gas tank, the pic of it is work-in-progress. The tank was a mangled up '30ish Chrysler that was supposed to sit upright and I swapped the filler etc for laydown, the rack is stainless rods, the taglight/backup light is early Jag XK150?, the bracket below is the upper tabs for the license plate. DSC00957.JPG DSC01530.JPG DSC00026.JPG

6. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

Nice work Slime, any idea what color you will paint it???

7. I'm thinking of a dark eggplant color in a flat or satin sheen. Will do the roof in white vinyl and the interior white, too.

8. Saving this one from a rat rod fate. Going to an A frame, split bones, dropped 35 axle, spring behind, and we'll see what else.. 1456444742943.jpg 1456444761089.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using H.A.M.B. mobile app

9. First show for our RPU got us in a big NZ car Mag (NZ V8 Magazine).J:cool::cool::D W
    [​IMG]

10. AndersF

AndersF

Cool, Seems like you have a great time.

26 T Ford RPU likes this.
  11. chessterd5

chessterd5
    from u.s.a.

12. Not really an update, just another shot of my ol' girl waiting for some love, shot by my pal, Morgan.
    My T shot by Mo.jpeg

13. hotrod brice

hotrod brice
    from molino,Fl.

Here's my project

Attached Files:

Tall t 26, AndersF and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  14. ottos

ottos

My blown 27T project

Attached Files:

AndersF likes this.
  15. My 27 roadster. Still in the parts collecting phase. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1462446275.371889.jpg flathead, A frame, '37 rear end. Ill hopefully start my build soon

AndersF, oj, Hotdoggin DaddyO and 6 others like this.
  16. chessterd5

chessterd5
    from u.s.a.

Just out of curiosity, is the roadster cowl on a 27 longer than on a coupe? & do they have the same gas tank? thanks.

17. oj

oj

Got some stuff back from paint and pinstriping and had a looksee, the tank is going out for pinstriping next. The license plate is just one layin around - it isn't a '34.
    The pinstriping was done by Matt Stankis over in Delaware. Lots of guys know him from the JalopyRama & JalopyShowdown, he wears the Gandalf hat. DSC00176.JPG DSC00177.JPG DSC00178.JPG DSC00141.JPG

18. Ragtop

Ragtop
    Member Emeritus

Looks like Health issues are going to make me put my coupe up for sale. Haven't advertised it yet but you can send me a pm if you're interested. It was one of Hot Rod magazine's top traditional cars for 2016 and most of the build was covered under this thread. Here's a pic. It has a fresh 292" small block with real Rochester tripower carbs from a 348 as of this winter. Built from a rust free Western body.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

rab71 likes this.
  19. AndersF

AndersF

Sad to hear this.
    Your car is one of those i have as a inspiration for mine.

20. bengeltiger

bengeltiger

I'm sorry to hear that. I like your HAMB signature line and really like your car. I wish you luck selling it.

21. Ragtop

Ragtop
    Member Emeritus

Thanks guys. I have a little work left to do to get it back on the road after installing the new engine. I did that while fighting cancer all last fall and winter and got word that I was all clear but I now have a complication from the drugs used in the chemotherapy and it's affected my lungs. I can't breathe well even with oxygen and just can't seem to find the energy to get the coupe back together. My brother and a good friend have offered to help and it should be done soon. I'm just afraid if this gets worse I'll be leaving my wife with a partially disassembled car that she'll have trouble selling. Once it's back together I'll advertise it. Sure hate to see it go because it's a ball to drive.

22. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

My sympathies on your health issues, I am dealing with some myself because of that dreaded cancer that I'm hoping doesn't make it necessary to do the same thing with my project.

23. Both of my folks succumbed to cancer, 26 and 33 years ago, at ages 60 and 68. I thought that by the time I'd need to worry about it, they would have found a cure. I'm now 71, and they're still looking for that cure.

chessterd5 likes this.
  24. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Not mine but a friends bucket. 2014-11-16132423_zps32c8f8bc.jpg

25. oj

oj

I respect your mindset, lets pray your 'complication' is just what it is and full recovery is on the horizen and a year from now this will be a story about the 'thrash, just in case'.

26. LostBoy

LostBoy

Not that it's even close to the severity of cancer, but I have Type 1 diabetes and it's the same old story "A cure is on the Horizon." They've been saying that since the 80s. Meanwhile I'm only 31 and have two good friends (my age or younger), one who had his colon removed a few years ago and the other is Infertile (female) at the age of 26 from the chemo to fight leukemia. I guess the good news is that they're alive. The biggest war on earth right now is this enemy we call cancer. Good luck to you sir!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    www.lostboysatomicgarage.com

27. For those who may be interested. My Buddy, who bought Mercury Charlie's Tall T a few years ago, yeah the car that debuted at Paso in '03, the one that kind of kicked the whole Tall T movement to the forefront IMHO, the one whose proportions I'm attempting to replicate, is going to be putting his phenomenal car up for sale. This is in better shape than it has ever been and short of doing a museum quality restoration needs nothing but someone with a decent chunk of change to step up. Cars are cars. But this, car, well, it's a part of central Texas hot rod history. And the best part is it's turn key and ready to hit the shows. Sure, you could spend years trying to replicate this car and a small fortune getting there (I should know) or you could step up, and into a piece of history and become the to be the caretaker of a significant piece of hot rodding history. Not cheap, but not museum money either. If I wasn't up to my ears in my own T and A projects, I'd be all over this one. Pass the word and PM me if you'd like to talk to the owner, who is one car sale away from having his first 32. Yeah, it's a sickness. CHARLIE\'S T PUSHED.jpg

28. Thanks, Mr. Cheater.

29. jhexide

jhexide
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

mine...

Attached Files:

MO_JUNK likes this.