Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1933-34 Willys 77 Grille info

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by The37Kid, Apr 24, 2016.

1. The37Kid

The37Kid

May have made a dumb pass on a 33-34 Willys grille, due to lack of funds at hand and really not 100% sure it was a Willys item. Ford guys do that. Did I really pass on what could have bought airfair to the LARS? Bob

2. rfraze

rfraze

Why not pass on the info to someone who needs one, but can't afford airfare. Thanks.

3. The37Kid

The37Kid

I'm that guy that has to buy a ticket. Bob

4. Hows one to know if it was a WILLYS grille without a pic? Might just be me but I guess I don't understand your question

5. The37Kid

The37Kid

I didn't have a camera with me, and at first glance thought might be some truck grill. When I got home I found out there are two model 77 grilles. This one was the early chromed bar type. I've got no handle on Willys prices and couldn't make a move on it anyway. Doesn't look like an item anyone would tool up to reproduce. Bob

6. There have been a few reproduction grilles from different sources. One company tried stamped steel like the original was. Others are cast or billet aluminum and chromed. Repros are still available new. New aluminum repro is somewhere around $1000

Last edited: May 4, 2016
  7. DOugG

DOugG
    from mich

Who currently does make a grille for the 33 Willys

8. rfraze

rfraze

The aluminum repros are available from Mike Nordahl at Willys Replacement Parts.
    Dave Giordano was making a fiberglass grille that was closer to right than most. I think he is still involved with Don Waldron at Rods West in Ridgecrest, CA.

9. The grill in question is now in my possession. It is the real steel deal, good chrome, a minor repair at the top left before the grill was re-plated. if anyone is interested, contact me.

10. fireball 500

fireball 500

just finishing a steel 34 coupe, was wondering if you still had the grill and cost, thanks
    vince [email protected]

11. flatheadgary

flatheadgary
    from boron,ca

rob, for what it's worth, dave is no longer at rods west. he is back up at la grange.

12. 1934coupe

1934coupe

Nick I'm not surprised you wound up with this grille, you can smell this stuff out better than most. How you doing my friend?

Pat