Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Fresno & Surrounding Area HAMB'ers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Muttley, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Im probably out for tomorrow, but will hit Rods on the Bluff tonight.

2. Nothing wrong with a More Door, come on out!

3. Headed out to ROTB in about an hour, look for the geek in the green Oregon Ducks shirt!

4. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

no its Sat.

5. it's getting crowded out here at Rods on the Bluff[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Notsofurias

Notsofurias
    from Clovis,CA

Ok so I'm in for tomorrow as long as everything pans out... Is it cool to bring the wife and kids ? This will be our first cruise as a whole family, got the car seat in tonight for our little one.

7. Muttley

Muttley

I don't see why not. I'm not sure how exciting it will be for them to watch a bunch of guys standing around in a parking lot though.

8. Muttley

Muttley

Well, it looks like this thing is dead. I was there and no one else showed. I guess we'll try one more time before we bury it for good.

[​IMG]

9. Sorry man, after all our talk yesterday of allergies, I woke up this morning with a really bad attack of my seasonal allergies-- I felt like crap and could barely breathe. Otherwise I woulda been there...

Maybe we need to slap one of these up next time:

Free...-bear.jpg

10. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Crap!!! Here it is Saturday morning, had my F100 ready...(took the internally leaking Holley 650 off, laid a more street friendly Edel 1406 atop my alum intake) Wow. Streetable. Again.
    Lovely wife had another battery adventure with our cool dagoed '66 VW. (second dead cell in 2 months! Leprechauns at Orielly's!)
    We would have been there for breakfast, 60 easy miles.

Muttley, is this a tentative weekly event or not? Inquiring minds want to know...
    Fresno used to be the hot spot for street 'baddies'...
    (Any 'Pan Draggers' members left? Or are they all Camaro pilots now?)

11. racejam

racejam
    from Clovis, CA

Muttley what time were you there? I got there about 8:15. There was 3 of us there from about 8:15 to 9:45

12. Freemoe

Freemoe
    from Fowler, CA

Yup 3 of us. Thanks for the donuts.
    image.jpeg

13. Went by at 8:45, but didn't see anybody and bailed.

14. Muttley

Muttley

No, not weekly..........we've only tried it a few times but the turnout has been less than stellar.

(Any 'Pan Draggers' members left? Or are they all Camaro pilots now?)

I don't know any of those guys and have only briefly spoken with any of them. Most of them seem more concerned with collecting trophies at the local shows than anything else.

I got there about 7:45 in case anyone arrived early and left about 8:15, we must have just missed each other. At that point it didn't look like anyone was going to show. Oh well, maybe next month.

15. Heeeeeeeeey, it's a beautiful day, who's still going to the Tower Car Show, Shine, and Squeegee?

I'll be bringing my new ride:

vintage_amphicar_in_water.jpg

16. Sooooooo, does anyone want to try this again next Saturday the 30th?

17. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I will be there

18. Well, I'll just keep posting this periodically to keep the thread near the top. I'll be out there at the usual spot at 8 am next Saturday the 30th if anyone is keen to join. And who knows? Maybe I'll have doughnuts with me.

19. Just your friendly reminder, if anyone is interested, we'll be meeting this Saturday morning the 30th at 8am at the parking lot adjacent to BJ's Kountry Kitchen on the SE corner of Cedar and Herndon. Hope to see some of you there!

20. Alright, one last time. Tomorrow, 8am, Herndon and Cedar. Let's roll.

21. Freemoe

Freemoe
    from Fowler, CA

I'll be there with no car again:(. Working on it as much as I can :cool:

22. I apologize if anyone showed up this morning at 8 sharp and found an empty parking lot-- I didn't arrive until about ten after, as I hit every f'ing red light from Fig Garden to Cedar, plus it took me a few minutes to pick up a dozen of the most amazing donuts I've had in a long time... now if you'll excuse me, I have a blueberry fritter to devour. I guess we'll try again sometime in May.

23. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

i was there but just a couple guys with vw three wheelers on trailers maybe next time

24. Freemoe

Freemoe
    from Fowler, CA

I showed up a bit late but it was a different crowd.

25. Say, just an FYI for any of you that might have been thinking of heading to Rods on the Bluff tomorrow, according to their Facebook page, tomorrow's event has been CANCELLED due to the impending rainstorm. Thought you'd like to know.

26. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great...last thing i need is rust on my A

27. Muttley

Muttley

Anyone interested in giving it another shot this coming Saturday?

28. I'd be up for it.
    Though y'all have to promise that you won't bug out if I'm not there right at 8:00...

29. I'm out for this weekend. My wife's hometown fiesta is in San Jose.

30. Muttley

Muttley

Right on, see you Saturday.