Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Ina Mae Overman Lincoln

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Stu D Baker, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

2. 2935ford

2935ford

Will make a nice car again once restored!

I know how these cars handle......I owned a stock low mileage '53 Lincoln Capri mordor back in the mid 60's. Taking my Grandfather for a ride and pulling up to a stop he asked "Is the motor running?" That's how quiet and smooth the engine ran.
    The only issue was the overheating of the ignition switch....man it would burn your fingers taking the key out!
    One Sunday I got it all cleaned and polished. The next day my brother-in-law was driving it and got sideswiped by a hit and run.........bumper to pumper.....that was the end of that!

3. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

Not sure of the value of provenence in this day and age. I know it has some meaning, just not sure of the market.

4. Bill Rinaldi

Bill Rinaldi

In this day of "whats it worth"----History sometimes has a valid part of the value. Ina Mae, the Lincoln, has a true CUSTOM history. And as you stated, where is the market? Bill Rinaldi

5. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Stu (Bill),

Thanks for posting this. Very interesting car and history. I "think" I have a recollection of this car in some of the period magazines........but not so clear recall that I am certain. :confused:

Ray

6. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

Ray, I'm sure you saw it in the mags of the day. I think there's an interesting history on The Custom Car Chronicals on the inter web.

7. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The big decision on that car would be which stage to restore it to.

8. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

hope that someone does something to save it

9. greg32

greg32
    from Indiana

I would think any car Valley did has great collector value. They were the best.

10. oldandkrusty

oldandkrusty

Greg - If anything makes this great car worth the asking price is it's connection to Valley Custom. As you noted, they were the best. No ugly cars came out of their shop.

11. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

This is one of a few cars that were redone a few times and look good in all variations. That would be a hard decision to make...I would probably go with the 2nd version

12. Well its a neat car and a slick piece of history but not nearly as neat or slick as the price implies.

13. The price?

pprather

14. From the first post -- Price: $45 k

15. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

Yes, 45K, however, I don't know what the car is actually worth. In my world, 45K will buy you a pretty nice car that doesn't need 100K spent on it. I saw the car at the Hunnert Car Pileup and it looked very solid, but needed some serious work. It's surely out of my league.

16. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

Look's as though the price has been lowered??

17. If you see a different price than the $45K, where do you see it? And what is the new price?

18. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

It looks like he posted an OBO this afternoon? In the classifieds here on the HAMB.

19. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

Still no interest???? 42K obo.

20. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Maybe it's just me, but I'd think $42k would be a reasonable price for the car restored. In it's present form, maybe $10k. It is a nice old car with some 'history', but really, how much added value is that worth? Sort of like cars once by owned by (insert name of celebrity here). So what. Cocktail party, or tavern, bragging rights, but real value added?

Ray

Stu D Baker likes this.
  21. Phillips

Phillips
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I bet someone on the HAMB knows Rod Emory, grandson of Neil Emory - he builds outrageously cool custom vintage Porsches. Curious if he'd be interested in getting one of his grandfather's masterpieces?

22. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

Maybe there's someone (wiser and with deep pockets) out there who will take a serious interest in this piece of history. Would have to be a labor of love.type of thing. Maybe the Emory family would be a target.

23. Is there an update on the status of this custom?

Phil

24. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

Phil:

It's still in the sw burbs, sitting in a garage.

stanlow69 likes this.