Register now to get rid of these ads!

Deuce Coupe Movie

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cecil, Mar 16, 2009.

1. the flatlander

the flatlander

about the Deuce Coupe movie (hopefully that girl has quit raggin' my ass...for now) yea the movie. it is going to b avail. (again) soon, probably a month or so. I'll leave a note here when it happens. By the way, that guy who said his pal owns both the 55 & the 32, not ! The 32 is now in Idaho or Indiana being returned to its look in the movie (circa '90). A guy in Ca. put up reportedly $150K toward financing part of the movie, & he got the car (after I stored it for several months @ the old Flatlanders on 45th st. in Nfk (after its initial release in Va,) Anyway, he sold it or gave it, to his nephew/cousin (?) in the mid west & he chopped it..ugh ! he later sold it to another guy who found out the history of it, & decided to remake it as mentioned. I have helped him w/ pics & info, hopefully he'll getrdone. Hard to unchop a car...I've also sent the director (Deimel) many pics of construction (built in 27 days !), & hopefully he'll make a redux of the movie w/ video & pics I sent. Nope, it aint American Graffiti & the wrecked car was a 31 5 window that we made look like the 32 for the crash. Painted the Cragars to look like the (real) American magnesium wheels on the coupe. The blower was built by Bob Manning (RIP) from Portsmouth. Butch Kernodle built the 355 engine, & my crew built the car, etc. I did the tech stuff (for free), and only finally got credits on the DVD (me & the producers had a falling out, imagine that !) If anyones got a question email me @ [email protected]. p/s the stunt guys were the most fun, & they had to teach LeMat how to drive the police car :) Alan the "Flatlander" in NC

kiwijeff likes this.
  2. Add me to the list of never heard of it before either, I guess when the drive in movies starting closing, films like this did not get out and around as much.

3. SaltCityCustoms

SaltCityCustoms

I sure wish I could get a copy of this, it looks interesting.

4. 32deuce

32deuce

I have the DVD, it took me a couple of years to track down a copy in England, it was never released, a made for TV movie, it is a great entertainment movie, Paul Le Blank who starred in American Grafitti is the copper in this 20 years later, can supply $15 a copy plus postage

5. the flatlander

the flatlander

Hey y'all (again). My shop built the "Deuce Coupe" in 27 days in late 1989/early '90. Bought the body, built most of the rest. Had real American Magnesium wheels & 671 GMC blower on it. Yep, the car went to an investor in Ca. who sold it a few years later to a relative. He chopped the top & changed the color , YUK ! He sold it to a guy in the mid west that is trying to "unchop" it & put it back into movie shape. If you'd like to know more get n touch w/ me. I did get 20 dvds a couple years ago from the director, but he hasn't returned any of my emails for months (?). Sorry, gave them ALL away. I don't get here often, because I am really busy working or @ swap meets, B'ville. Maxton, or @ the ABC store....but I'll try to get back here & answer D. Cpe questions or hot rod stuff. Just don't tell that crazy woman I'm back here, thx, Alan @ Flatlanders Hot Rod Parts...in N.C.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  6. erlomd

erlomd

Man, looks like a cool movie...something you would watch on a Sunday afternoon..

7. mikeey rat

mikeey rat
    from Australia

iwas watching t.v. late one night years ago and saw it but could never find out any thing about it either

8. the flatlander

the flatlander

Oops, forgot I'd posted that earlier. Like the guy said, a ok movie, surely not A. Graffiti. Guess all "hot rod" movies will b compared to Graffiti, kinda like the Bullitt chase scene. I still have some Graffiti big prints left, contact me if u want more info. thx, Alan

9. TwinH

TwinH
    from Finland

I´ve seen the movie years ago. Recorded it on VHS when it came out on TV.

Corny? sure, but it really ain´t that bad.

If my memory serves me correct, the bad guy in the movie was by the name of Link Malone and the '55 had moon discs and "black magic" written in the quarter panel. I think the guy playing the character did a fine job.

Worth the time to watch it trough in my opinion.

10. another good movie to watch is "catch me if you can " came out in 1989 you can watch it on you tube

11. Cecil

Cecil

If anyone else wants a copy of Deuce Coupe just let me know ? I found a copy years ago at a yard sale. [email protected]

12. Cecil

Cecil

Did they use two or three cars to build the coupe for the movie ?

13. the flatlander

the flatlander

Man it's been a while since here (on this post). To answer some of the questions I've received; only 2 cars used in the Deuce Coupe movie (for the star). First the 32 3 w we built @ Flatlanders Hot Rods in 89/90. The "crash car" was brought up from Tn. by the stunt guys...can't remember their names. *** they also did the stunt work in that Seal team movie filmed in Va. Beach. Anyway, the Model A 5 w was painted same #966766 AM Centari red, had qtr. windows closed out & had a REAL 671 on it to b like star car. 'Course it was wrecked & taken back to TN. Was a really good wreck scene though, filmed @ about 25 degrees in Suffolk, Va. The 32 had a 350 Turbo & 4:11 9" Ford rear. It ran when others failed in the movie. It even jump started some of the "work" trucks. Just for History's sake, Bill Stiff, Mike Normand & I built that 32 in 27 (long) days/nights. It was delivered on time. They (the crew @ the movie) blew the h. balancer of the car the first day. They thought the 3" Gilmer belt too loose (idiots) AND, jacked it up so they could film the speedo going 100 ! I fixed it and the rest is semi lost history. Lots more info, but time to get back to 105 F work. thx, Alan the "Flatlander". still in NC :) p/s the guy that owns the cpe now IS rebuilding it...still

14. Gromit

Gromit

I'd love to see it. I watched "The Choppers" a couple days ago.. awesome cars.. good movie to have on with the sound off though :)

15. flatheadhero

flatheadhero
    from California

Even a lame hotrod movie can be an epic after a few beers and a can of beans...

16. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Like was said earlier, I can find something good even in a klinker.

I'll be looking for this one.

17. JCW2110

JCW2110

I liked the movie, But it always gets me when the speedo face cracks when the deuce hits 120mph.

18. theamcguy

theamcguy

Deuce Coupe is available as a torrent download from piratebay.se

19. looks interesting

20. choppachris

choppachris

This movie is on youtube, full movie, just watched it. Has Finnish subtitles, but its good.

21. 47chevycoupe

47chevycoupe
    from Finland

I am in Finland this month and it was on TV here. Only got to see a few minutes of it as the wife did not want to watch it. You can see who is boss in my family :)

22. Speed Gems

Speed Gems

23. RDR

RDR

The Video Beat......has most all of the hot rod movies

24. KRO

KRO

I have a question regarding the racing scenes in the movie Deuce Coupe; Was there a purpose behind pulling, what looked like a choke cable, to make the car go quicker or was this just a movie dramatic effect?

25. scottie

scottie

yeah, dramatic effect, from memory they use it to switch in the belt driven blower :)