Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1932 ford pickup bed sides ?

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Alamo-Kid, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Alamo-Kid

Alamo-Kid

I am searching for new bed sides for a 32 pick up that are approx. 60" long. If any one knows a place that makes/ carries them I would be very thankful. I have seen these on a truck so I am pretty sure they are made somewhere. the ones I saw were embossed like OG not smooth.

Mack hils makes them in original length 70" and shortened to 55". The 55" centers the bed over the wheel but in my opinion it looks to short on an unchopped truck. The 70" is too long and also looks out of proportion. the 60" looks just right as there is a little more bed behind the wheels than in front of them. MH makes 33/34 sides that are 60" but they are embossed for the fender to be 6 inches further back from the cab to accommodate the 33/34's longer wheel base.

thanks again for any help

jeff

2. Buy one from Mack Hill and cut it to your desired length. HRP

3. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I just had a Mack Hills 32 bed shortened to 61 inches, turned out great.

4. I like the idea of taking a stock '33-'34 bed and shortening it in front of the wheel to fit '32. That's what I'd planned to do on mine someday.

5. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

We need pictures to visualize these different length options.

6. We made the beds on my 32 pickup and the confused 32-34 pickup,both are 58"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And this is my pal Steve's Deuce pickup,his bed is an original but it too was cut to 58".

[​IMG]

This is my driend Dan's old original deuce pickup with a stock length bed.HRP

[​IMG]

7. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

How long is a wide bed Model A? If it's the right length, maybe get one of those from Macks (assuming you're not running fenders)

8. These are 60"sides. 3-14-16.jpg

9. We just used a late 31 bed on my sons 32 pu, we shortened it 6" and lengthened it 3" in front of the wheel wells. It was lengthened in front to get the wheelbase right.
    It is now 58 " long. I'll try to get pix tomorrow.

10. You can try Last Refuse out of Colorado. He will make them any length you want as long as it's not less than 55". But if you order from him be prepared to wait. He seems to be slow.

11. Alamo-Kid

Alamo-Kid

All of you guys are a GREAT help I really appreciate all the feedback, suggestions. and pictures. The knowledge and experience here on the hamb is second to none.

thanks jeff

12. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

If you use last refuge , make sure you use a form of payment that you can dispute charges when it doesn't arrive on time or doesn't appear ... Ever

13. This is a Mack hils 55" bed.

CIMG1149.JPG

14. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

To se the differences side by side, here is a late '31 Model A. I'm not sure the year of the second truck.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Truck # 2 is a 34 Ford. HRP