Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My Shoebox Dash Metalflaking + Hidden Radio Laid Off $0 build

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Mr.Dickies, May 10, 2012.

1. Mr.Dickies

Mr.Dickies

I want Kaiser bumper guards but alway get outbid too. I do want to buy 50-52 2 door one day and chop it. I almost bought a 51 2 door traveler and chopped it and it came with 6 extra bumper guards but I was honest with the guy and said it wont remain stock so he decided to keep it. Im excited to see what you do with the 54 chevy guards.

2. Mr.Dickies

Mr.Dickies

Thanks it still has a long way to go but shouldnt be too long now.

3. Mr.Dickies

Mr.Dickies

Thanks I go to another Dr appointment this Monday to see if I need another surgery. I wanted to get the major work out of the way because last surgery i had to go to physical therapy twice a day 5 days a week for 6 months and I think I could do the small things but not big stuff while still moving forward on it. If they give me a two week notice for surgery I will be done with it in time.

4. Mr.Dickies

Mr.Dickies

Eric this made me laugh.

5. Eric H

Eric H

6. Mr.Dickies

Mr.Dickies

Getting closer

Attached Files:

7. That's a teaser.:D

8. Mr.Dickies

Mr.Dickies

Here's a teaser for you!

9. Mr.Dickies

Mr.Dickies

Here

Attached Files:

10. Now I'm really jealous, looking forward to the finish.
    Nice work Chris.

11. cmarcus

cmarcus

Love your build brother. And all on a budget to boot!

12. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

You're such a tease :)

13. Mr.Dickies

Mr.Dickies

Thanks.

14. Mr.Dickies

Mr.Dickies

I'll stop teasing in a few days

15. Mr.Dickies

Mr.Dickies

Sneak peak decided scuff the whole car and spray the gallon of what I have and debating on doing a little flake on the roof

Attached Files:

16. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Ooh , ooh ... I like it !!

17. Mr.Dickies

Mr.Dickies

One of the other side

Attached Files:

18. Mr.Dickies

Mr.Dickies

I'm starting to finish off the little things that add up to be big stuff. Depending on the weather I should be in primer and a quickie paint job for the summer just so I can drive it and not worry about rust. I was accepted into a machinist program so stuff will get busy soon.

Attached Files:

19. Mr.Dickies

Mr.Dickies

Step one mark where to cut. Step two cut the top pivot loose. Step three remove seal channel split piece. Set into place to mark where to trim. Pieces trimmed ready to weld. I'll take pictures of doing the stainless tomorrow.

Attached Files:

20. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

21. Mr.Dickies

Mr.Dickies

I did the stationary windows that business coupes have but decided to use the club coupe windows instead. Why do it the easy way.

Attached Files:

22. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

You'll be glad you have the tilt out rear windows ...

23. Mr.Dickies

Mr.Dickies

First useful part I made in machinist class. Now I no longer have a squeaky belt when i first started it up!

Attached Files:

24. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Nice work with the garnish mouldings!
    Just noticed one thing.I guess you have to add some sheetmetal to the back corner,i am sure that there will be a small gap between the headliner and lower part of the garnish moulding without the extra stuff..

25. Mr.Dickies

Mr.Dickies

On a coupe there is a little metal tab that sticks out on the back of the lower corner. I was going to just make the piece a little longer and so its closer to the package tray.

26. myold88

myold88
    from ct

Just perfect. Another inch would have ruined it. The car need the correct www tires imo.

27. Mr.Dickies

Mr.Dickies

I have wide whites and plan to get new ones when the car is finished. I have the black walls on it because it use to be my daily driver and bias plys were not that fun to drive everyday. The wheels are off my son's Henry J . I bought new steelies to run too.

28. Mr.Dickies

Mr.Dickies

Remove rivets to relocated upper and lower brackets. Club coupes are different than sedans fyi. Cut stainless to fit into frame. Drill hole for bottom bracket. The bracket slips in from outside up into hole. Reattach the top pivot to line up in both the car window opening. Put top bracket in and mark to drill hole. Open to see if it clears

Attached Files:

29. Mr.Dickies

Mr.Dickies

Finnrodder here is the tab coupes have to hold the headliner on the side by the window. Mine was a business coupe with stationary windows but they were missing when I bought it. It just had the smashed trim pieces in the trunk and a set or pop outs missing pieces. Guy said it had pop outs in it when he traded for it but it was missing the pieces to make them work and they were glues shut and in trunk too. Also the rear package tray was cut out and some random seat that was way to big for it out of a 70's something set in place. Someone gave me a 4 door seat so I modified it to make a club coupe seat since I couldn't find one. I'm barely over $5k including car so I am happy still. I do plan to blow it a part and have a nice paint job on it some day. Until then I'll use the paint that one of the workers of hot rod flatz gave me when I bought a gallon and it was not what was on the label and he gave me a few gallons of it at the ponoma swap meet. So the decision is midnight blue pearl or white or custom mix and make something from both till I blow it a part.

Attached Files:

30. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Those garnish mouldings sure are a different story than they are on tudors.I guess modifying opening quarter windows arent such a pita than they are on tudors.Not sure yet do i make them stationary or not..
    Keep up the good work!