Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The Jingletown Special..My '29 Phaeton build..

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Brujo29, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Tim O'Kelley

Tim O'Kelley
    from texas

did you lower the front or do anything to the rear for ride height? Love the car. I have a 28 chassis and banger and am looking for a phaeton body.

2. Brujo29

Brujo29

I used the ones the John Williamson makes.He has an ad here on the forum..

3. Brujo29

Brujo29

I used a reversed eye spring in front and took out the 2nd leaf.In the rear I used the stock A spring but I took the 2nd and 4th leafs out.Being that I retained the mechanical brakes,this setup didn't screw with the lining up of the brake rods too much.If you want to go any lower,you can swap out front for 32-34 perches to line everything back up..

4. Perfect. ;)

Brujo29 likes this.
  5. dad-bud

dad-bud

Brujo29, your phaeton is just great. It's kinda the opposite to 'bein' in the weeds' but it looks just right.
    Enjoy the hell out of it - though I'm sure you already are.

Brujo29 likes this.
  6. Good to know, I'll check them out! One more for you, how did they fit? Thanks.

Brujo29 likes this.
  7. brady1929

brady1929

Cool hot rod

Brujo29 likes this.
  8. Brujo29

Brujo29

They take a bit of fitting since no Model A seems to be like any other..Some grinding,sanding and they fit pretty well..

9. Rustygt

Rustygt
    from Emeryville

That neighborhood looks like San Leandro or San Lorenzo with the rounded curbs, for sure not jingle Town, it would be about 5 miles north off the Nasty Nimitz ( 880 ) . Nice job on that jalopy B29
    Jingle town is the area around Fruitvale and E14th there abouts, called Jingle town because of the latino workers from American Can company would get paid in cash and have jingle in their pockets on Friday night or the week end. my uncle was a line mechanic at ACCO and lived next door to the plant. Yeah I'm an Oakland native, worked for the City of Oak at Fairyland; worked on the Tom Thumb Ferris wheel and kept the Jolley Trolley rolling on schedule.

10. Brujo29

Brujo29

You are almost correct on where Jingletown got its name,almost..

The car was built in honor of my father,who grew up in Jingletown(along with my mother) in the 1930's.My grandfather was the first wave of people from the area that gave the town it's name,settling there in 1919..They lived there until the freeway came and split the neighborhood in 2..

You can read more about it in the new Hop Up..

Last edited: Apr 30, 2016