Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1938-47 Ford Pickup Door Hinge Rivets

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by junkman8888, Apr 26, 2016.

1. junkman8888

junkman8888

Greetings! Had to drill off the lower hinge from the driver's door, '41 Ford pickup to repair damage, does anyone have a source for the proper hinge rivets?

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

3. ChefMike

ChefMike

4. junkman8888

junkman8888

Greetings" This is what I found. First stop was Johnnie at "Reno Rod Shop" to look through his collection, closest we came was Model A bed rivets, same head but the shank was too short. Tried "Macs", tried "Mar-K", tried "McMaster Carr", tried "Obsolete" in OKC, then "Carpenters", who sent me to "Restoration Specialties". Called "Drakes" because of the new '40 Ford coupe they have, which is made by"Real Deal Steel" in Florida. They use bolt-on hinges, nice parts but far too expensive for what I'm doing. Tried "Northern Classic" as they make the entire floor for the 38-46 pickup, tried "Bratton's", "McDonnald Ford", "Big Flats Rivets", "Snyders", "Sacramento Vintage Ford", ect.
    "Jay-Cee" lists a truss headed rivet, 9/16 head, 1/4 shank, 3/4 long. Another option, "Early Ford" in Calif has 35-36 door hinge bolts with the truss head in the proper length. Hope this helps someone.