Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Which Motorama Corvette would you take?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Apr 26, 2016.

1. oldcargary

oldcargary
    from devore, Ca

I like the Corvair. Wonder why they didn't make that version?

2. Nostrebor

Nostrebor

Fastback, fastback, fastback... in that order.

I'm a Corvair guy, so having this "particular" Corvair would be extra cool!

mr57 likes this.
  3. Pete L.

Pete L.
    from New Jersey

Fellas,
    Anyone remember this from the Philadelphia Auto Show in 2005 ? Chevy Concept Nomad.JPG

4. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

I've had 2 '54 'Vette roadsters, both had 322" Buick Nails in them! Neither was running when I got 'em, first one had a '37 Roadmaster box. Got it running, overheating problems made me trade it for a '34 roadster.
    ALL three of the cars were white, both Corvettes and the '34.

5. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Pete, I threw up a little bit in my mouth when I saw that. Looks like a mini cooper and a corvette had an unprotected weekend in Vegas together. IMO.

falcongeorge and Gabe Fernando like this.
  6. I have always loved the styling on the Corvair, it is unique, that is my pick.

7. Gabe Fernando

Gabe Fernando

I saw the Nomad at the Motorama in 1954 at the age of 10. I still remember going back to it several times before we left. Such clean and so well proportioned lines. It was captivating for that particular time period.

8. 46stude

46stude

Since I'm reading three choices in your question, I have to take door #3- the original '53 w/ the hardtop. The fastback & the Nomad just do not flow like the original. It's sexy as Hell.

9. Barn Hunter

Barn Hunter

Fastback in a heartbeat.

10. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

I bought this print at the '73 Street Rod Nationals in Tulsa. The windshield and roofline on the Nomad still look lower on the concept car than any reproduction I have seen. The windshield also leans back more than the clones which have a more upright windshield.
    [​IMG]

11. A 'real' Nomad is on my bucket list, but in this incarnation, I would definitely take the fastback..

12. Rem

Rem

Nomad, no question about it. I'm afraid that fastback looks more like a Triumph GT6 than an Aston Martin, especially in profile, although that red rear three-quarter artist's impression looks quite tasty.

13. Fastback for sure. It's a shame they didn't actually make the nomad or the corvair, both look great!

14. Roger O'Dell

Roger O'Dell

Although the triumph and db5 share some lines remember the egg came first

15. Blade58

Blade58
    from apopka ,Fl

Like the Nomad

16. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

They did sir, 10 years later
    upload_2016-4-27_8-34-55.png

17. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Billy
    Man the 63 split window Corvettes had SEX written all over them didn't they.
    If a guy with a Corvette couldn't get a date wth one he had real problems.

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  18. slowmotion

slowmotion

The Nomad. But honestly the restyle for '56 is what really put the Corvette over the top and on to become American sport(y) car history. I'd take a '56-'57 all day long over that trio.:eek::D

[​IMG]

19. mrspeedyt

mrspeedyt

i can't decide...

20. e1956v

e1956v
    Alliance Vendor

Defiantly the fastback. I remember seeing pictures of it as a kid and wishing they went ahead with producing it.

21. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Doug, you got that right and nothing says sex more than a fuzzy carpeted dash, rotary desk phone (with extension lines), CB and a TV pointed at the floor. The only way Farrah could watch Charlie's Angles on that boob tube is if her head was in the lap of the passen e n g e r. Oh, never mind.

Long live the corvette in its miriad generations and variations. Americas sex machine.
    upload_2016-4-27_9-36-58.png

22. moefuzz

moefuzz

The one with the faux gold plated hard shell plastic chrome.
    circa 1953 to 2076
    :rolleyes:

23. i hope one day there's a crusty early vette for you, Roger! would be nice to see it transform into a fastback under your hands!

Cheers, Carsten

24. I would have one of each please! They would all make, KOOL GASSERS! lol Seriously, I LOVE the Nomad the Best Ron...

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
  25. [479]cruzzers

[479]cruzzers

26. alchemy

alchemy

I like the Corvair Fastback. But if I had my druthers, I'd actually like a roadster with one of these aftermarket hardtops:

1954_Chevrolet_Corvette_Roadster_Survivor_Hardtop_For_Sale_Front_0_resize.jpg

I saw a very nice '53 or '54 at Back to the Fifties a couple years ago where the guy took a pristine original and hot rodded it. He used one of these rare aftermarket period hardtops too.

27. Raiman1959

Raiman1959

I like the 1st series roadsters!...with that tiny little hardtop...it looks very distinctive! Not sure I could actually even fit in the darn thing these days without tweaking my neck into injury , but heck, I'd get in somehow!!!...gettin' back out again might be a different story:p:eek::) Honestly, I wouldn't complain with any of them....so much ''cool'' factors to pick just one!

28. Brizo

Brizo
    from Indy

\'54.JPG [​IMG] A friend of mine owns and helped build the red Corvette Corvair motorama replica posted above. It was completed last year and won 2 awards at the Amelia Island Concourse d'Elegance , and is currently on display at the National Corvette Museum until May 13th. In august it will appear at the Milwaukee Masterpiece Concourse d'Elegance. To all those who chose the Corvair, if you would like more information about the car feel free to contact him at: [email protected] and he will be happy to answer any questions.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
  29. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Of the Motorama cars, definitely the Corvair. But there’s another “Neverwas” early Corvette that I always wanted to build: An engineering mule, painted black, with ’52 Chevy hubcaps, a GMC 302 and a ’37 LaSalle trans. I’m imagining some renegade engineer liberating one of the pre-production bodies and setting it up as the de-contented, high-performance roadster it should have been.