Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Holley 2110 "Big Venturi" (1-1/16") Modified for Flathead?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by miller91, Apr 26, 2016.

1. miller91

miller91

Ok, you may have seen the Y-Block era Holley "94" type 2110's out there. Some have manual, auto, or electric chokes, most have a "spark control valve" in the throttle base, and of course a substantial increase in potential CFM (1.0625") over the standard 94 (94/100ths of an inch) to the tune of 45 more CFM. They usually have the later design fuel bars with annular booster. However, the manual choke version it appears to me is virtually interchangeable with a standard 94's parts, and offers an interesting increase in CFM for a stock 2 bbl. or as use as a primary in 3X2's or even all applications depending on tune. Has anyone successfully modified a 2110 for flathead applications? I would plug the spark control valve and get ready for re-jetting and watching the power valve and float bowl adjustment...thoughts?

ExplodedDiagrams_0020.jpg ExplodedDiagrams_0021.jpg

2. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

The big Ford ones...I think the ECG 6 is one of the numbers from Y block era...have normal Ford bolt pattern, but the big throttle bores are spaced farther apart than on 94's as well as being bigger. Most flathead manifolds are pretty thin in the inch or so right below the flange...cast almost like two tubes with little extra metal.
    [​IMG]
    This is a problem...I don't think there's enough meat to open them up, and just slapping on the carb would likely be a waste of time.
    Best option would likely be the various '49-53 Merc manifolds (aluminum in Canada), which have spacing much closer to what is needed. Obviously they'd need to be converted to 3 stud.

3. miller91

miller91

Bruce, I have an ECG-5, most likely truck and it has the 3 stud base and manual choke. I am intrigued with the concept, and the availability is pretty good given everyone understandably goes for the true 94. But remarkably they are based on the same basic design and offer a lot of interchangeability. Obviously that's a big flow change, I think an AA-1 is 175 or so and a 2110 1.0625" about 210 CFM...I believe they have .55 jets at sea level, but I can't see how they wouldn't work if massaged. I am going to see how the throttle bores match up or don't when I get a chance. You could also port a spacer and/or port manifold like Offy as I am thinking of using.
    Oh, and if you didn't see my response on my 2X2 progressive post, no Miller 91 in the garage but I am a freak about the masterpieces by Messrs. Miller and Goossen.

4. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

I think most of the 94 rebuild kits also contain the base gaskets for the big cars...useful template for figuring out how to use the thing on smaller manifold platform.

miller91 likes this.

5. I have several 1 1/16 carburetors available if anyone needs any.

6. brechlrl

brechlrl
    from Wisconsin

How about the really big 1 3/16 bore 2110? How does that work on an earlier engine as a center carb?

7. miller91

miller91

Ok...weird thing. I line up the ECG-5 throttle plate, which is three stud...it matches exactly to an AA-1 plate bores AND matches exactly to the body throttle bores where the bowl section meets. I am assuming...I didn't have any calipers on me, that the "1-1/16th" in this case anyway refers to the venturi "pinch" in the bowl section. The jets are .57's. So essentially this particular carb will bolt on to a standard 3 stud manifold with perfectly matching bores. Hmmm...if you got it right, this carb might work with some rweaking. There are a ton of variants in the 2110's but this one has me thinking...supposedly good for more cfm...but with the same throttle bores as a 94?

8. miller91

miller91

Thanks...I am still trying to figure these out...so many variants mostly truck...I have an ECG-5 1-1/16ths that has the exact same base plate throttle bores as an AA-1, which is weird. Have you tried to use any?

9. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I have 6 of the 8BA 94's haven't even seen any ECG's at the local swaps in years.
    Irony is, I would have preferred the bigger carbs, especially on my 4x2...