Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1964 El Camino

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 46chevy, Apr 26, 2016.

1. 46chevy

46chevy
    from reeds,mo

just finished 1st step in redoing my 64 El Camino. Going to be my shop truck now that I'm retired. Currently in white primer but hopefully this winter will be gloss white with purple and gold scallops. I extended front end 2" and added tube grill, radiused rear wheel wells to match front , installed 1994 Cadillac tail lights and welded tail gate shut. running 350/350 combo. also 215 60-15 wide whites in front with 275 60-15 in rear. on rally wheels with spiders. put on bellflower tips last week that aren't in pics. Thoughts?

Attached Files:

2. Swede64

Swede64

Cool but i would have put another color on the wheels to have some contrast
    to the body color.

3. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

why did you weld up tail gate on a shop truck?

4. chriseakin

chriseakin

The purple and gold should definitely make it an eyecatcher.

5. belair

belair

Looks like those bicycles the the big fat tires. I like tail lights. But those wheels are wrong.

6. Custom, a lot of the fellas do that with a hauler to make it more of a custom then a hauler. I actually passed on a sweet but not yet finished '58 Ranchero about a year or so back because the tailgate was welded and molded. But it is a custom deal. ;)

I like the little heap well enough there are some things that I wouldn't have done but that doesn't keep me from liking it well enough. ;)

7. 46chevy

46chevy
    from reeds,mo

use these wheels cause I had them and budget was tight. would like to see astro supremes on it someday