Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Greg's Restorations Swap Meet & Car Show? 4/30/16 Barre, MA

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by patmanta, Apr 4, 2016.

1. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

Anybody heard about this "First annual Greg's Restorations Swap Meet & Car Show" in Barre, MA at all?

It popped up in my Facebook when I was sorting events listings.
    https://www.facebook.com/events/541445256021588

Found a real internet link too: http://www.gregsrestorations.com/events.html

First I've heard of it but if I'm feeling up for it after doing Fitchburg, I might want to vend again or actually just walk around and shop/be social if folks I know are going. @BOSTONCAMARO @mike bowling @wheeldog57 @BenLeBlanc ?

[​IMG]
    Here's what the event page says:
    First annual Greg's Restorations Swap Meet & Car Show. PRE REGISTER AND SAVE $$!

-COST: $30 per vendor space before April 11th and $40 after and at the gate. Would like all vendors to be setup before 7am. Vendors spots are for used auto parts ONLY

-SPECTATORS AND CAR SHOW. $5 at the gate. Awards for best of class and door prize.

-CAR CORRAL. $30 per spot. First come first serve.

LOTS OF VENDORS!

All vintage & antique cars, trucks, rods, customs, motorcycles. Vintage tractors, and vintage snowmobiles are welcome! Use your best judgment what should be entered into the show.

Food being cooked/served. Hamburger, hotdogs, etc.
    Chicken BBQ tickets
    Live music

More updates to come.

pre register, ideas, question, concerns call 508-886-6400 9am-5pm monday through Friday or visit www.gregsrestorations.com

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  2. FrankenRodz

FrankenRodz

These guys were right across from me at the Boston World of Wheels, and are really putting an effort forward to start something new.
    I'm going just to lend my support!

patmanta likes this.
  3. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

I asked on their FB event page, apparently it's 30 acres and they still have plenty of spots.

I know Fitchburg is sold out for vendors already and this is 2 weeks after. Depending on how much stuff I have left over, I'm considering it, but honestly, it's a little farther out, $10 more, it's new, and it's only 2 weeks after Fitchburg, so I'm a little leery of committing to heading on out there for fear of blowing my day on a dead event. I would rather wrench on my project then have my whole weekend revolve around something that may disappoint.

So, is anyone else thinking about going to this one? Anybody bought a spot already? If this is going to be a good one, I would like to go for sure.

4. adam401

adam401

Anybody hitting this swap meet? I'm probably gonna check it out if I'm not working.

5. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

The wife & I are discussing it. Depends if she has to work really. I kinda doubt we'll load the truck up to vend though.

6. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

i wanted to go but got volunteered to work 11 am to 11 pm its tough to be a reliable employee ,

7. I am thinking about going....cant be worse than Stafford right? :)

100% Matt and patmanta like this.
  8. hfh

hfh
    from Western MA

If you attend and support this event, perhaps it will grow. If you don't, it probably won't. Give it a chance.

patmanta likes this.
  9. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

While this is true, some of us are short on time and tall on stuff to do. That's my dilemma and why I started this thread. I'm hoping spreading the word will help because I've got a ton of stuff I'm behind on.

As far as selling, for me, Fitchburg was absolutely packed and I did basically squat with my full truck, so, I'm a little shy to load up because I've got a lot of big stuff right now.

10. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

And hey, @hfh ! I know that car! You gave me a ride in it about TWO YEARS ago TODAY when I bought that Merc rear from you! Good to internet-see you!

Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
  11. adam401

adam401

I'm all for new swaps taking off in New England especially with us having lost a few. Hopefully I'm not working so I can go.

patmanta likes this.
  12. NH Gearhead

NH Gearhead

13. NH Gearhead

NH Gearhead

My son and I are going...........................

14. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

15. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

how did this show turn out ?

16. It was a great meet, tons of cars, a good amount of vendors and NO household stuff, it was all car stuff. I bet with growth and promotion this car could be a meet that can replace the crappy ones like Stafford. I sold a few things to make it worth the drive, the area was scenic, not a bad drive from North Shore of MA. about an hour and fifteen minutes door to door.

Last edited: May 1, 2016
    patmanta likes this.
  17. I drove up from Connecticut, 70 miles. it was worth the trip. bought some good stuff, met some good people, saw some good cars. The only down side was poor directions, and signs not put out early.
    If they have it again, I will go again. Don't complain that it is too far, or to soon after another meet. Go and support it. I am 75 ears old, and if I can make the effort, then you younger types you should too.

ABONES and patmanta like this.
  18. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

I totally would have been there but I had a parts run to do that I just couldn't not do and by the time I'd have gotten out to Barre the swap meet folks likely would have long since pulled up stakes and I still had a truck to unload. I was pretty bummed but my find was worth it. @BOSTONCAMARO was texting me live updates though.

19. yeah, i was talking to Greg via Facebook, sounds like late summer'ish...big thing will be spreading the word, getting more vendors and more buyers...def a great first meet and big step in the right direction for CAR only stuff, no old broken train sets, legos or baby dolls missing their heads and arms..that my friend is just plain creepy!

patmanta likes this.
  20. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

Don't jinx it or next time you'll be in the spot between the Diabetic Sock Vendor and Toy Car Guy.

21. Last edited: May 2, 2016
  22. jim snow

jim snow

Thanks for the photos Skip. Snowman

23. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker