Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Shipping with Greyhound

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fedcospeed, Mar 22, 2016.

1. das858

das858

I had a door shipped from Greenbay Wi. To Lincoln, Nebraska last year on Greyhound, it was the most pleasant experience I have had in years involving shipping, I would gladly use them again.

2. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

Filed claim with ebay and will be getting my purchase price back.Shipping no.After four weeks of phone calls and searching,talking to brain dead reps that should not even be flipping burgers($15/hr????),I,ll cut my loses and move on.
    Strange thing happened today also.While looking up seller on ebay to contact him,saw the exact decklid with the same pictures and description up for sale on there again,this time from a guy in TEXAS.My tracking # was legit but something else is going on here.Beware.

3. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

I got the seller involved, who did far more than most would have, and kept rattling the cage doors of Greyhound. Nothing from those folks. Finally, I decide to go to my local Greyhound terminal to see if there's anything than can be done from this end. The woman at the counter gets an odd look on her face; "it's sitting on the floor back here, I recognize the name". She said it had to come in over the week end, she was't here then, and saw it that morning (Monday). It had't been tracked since Minneapolis; I'm in Everett, Wa.. ?????. No answers, no apologies, nothing. I think I'll try Fastenal next time, if there is a next time. I will say this about Greyhound; at least she offered use of their handtruck, even though I had brought my own. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

4. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

Well what Iam getting out of dealing with reps is this.The decklid was sent to NYC instead of Buffalo.Ended up being unclaimed and sent to Dallas warehouse where it was then sent to an auction and sold off.IF the people I had talked to at Greyhound..Buffalo,NYC, would have done their jobs,or actually knew their job,my decklid would be in my garage.If you ever have a problem with Greyhound,contact Dallas headquarters asap.DO NOT rely on your local morons who dont hardly speak English and will not put in the effort to actually do the job they are being paid for..

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  5. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

Iam currently working with seller of the decklid in Texas to finally get it in my hands.

Lessons: Check and double check details,follow up till it hurts,deal with competant companies and people.still not trust everyone(that kind of hurts).And protect yorself with a fail safe system like paying with paypal or similar.End of story
    Iam leaving town in 30 minutes for a four day metal shaping class in Mass.Everytime I hit that metal I will pretend there is a Greyhound logo there:mad::):)

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  6. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Whaaat? deck lid ended up in Greyhound Auction and original eBay Seller won that auction & put it back on eBay without contacting you? get it in your hands then, maybe deck the guy. greyhound certainly screwed up bad but, seller doesn't sound too good either. what a mess to have to deal with. as long as it has a positive ending. be sure to take some pics at class & post here.

7. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

Final entry. No one at greyhound where ever it landed called me to say it was at their location, or could tell me where it was.Again THEY SUCK!!!!It was then sent to Dallas hub and put in unclaimed,damage warehouse where everything then goes to auction. Guy named Ben Williams is a Dallas local that buys anything at auction and sells for profit.He is the guy that put it up for ebay again. I worked things out with him and it is now at my house.2 months and a day since it first was shipped. Id like to say a big thanks to Ben,I feel he is an honest guy and could prove he had no underhanded involvement in this mess.It was Greyhound and their uncaring,ill-trained and just plain moronic employees that made this such a mess.Anyone down in the Dallas area that knows Ben,please shack his hand for me.Below is said decklid waiting to meet the car inside this shed!!! THE END P1010121.JPG

Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
  8. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

My experience shipping with Fastenal was great.

9. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Fedcospeed's story is a lesson in 'time shrinkage'.
    Imagine, if you will: 1962... Fedco answers an ad for a deck lid for an out-of-system older car. The seller responds with, "Send the money, I'll ship it to you."
    Fedco sends money, never hears anything about the decklid again!

Meanwhile, a clever auction hound in Texas has just bought an obscure trunk lid for resale speculation. A buyer comes forward, unbeknownst to Fedco, who in 1962...is in land miles 'lightspeed away'...
    The world used to be much bigger.

10. Dirty30Dodge

Dirty30Dodge
    1. Upholstery

I have sent a few things through Greyhound and one was a large dodge fender. They kept telling my friend it never arrived. He finally after several visits to the location demanded he go back and check their stock room. It was sitting their the whole time. I guess they thought it was a dead body wrapped up. Dunno!!!
    I will give you a warning about FED Ex I rarely receive from fed ex but when I do its not that good! They left a returned hard drive with all my data underneath my garbage can on the side of the road. I have found my items in plastic bag tide to the fence wire at the road. Most recently I purchased a pair of 34 dodge headlights in near mint condition. The shipper bubble wrapped them put them in a second box with about 2 inches of paper padding. he wrote on each side of the box fragile glass in very large letters. and they still arrived with a lens cracked. these lens are one of the most hard to find obsolete and their is no other that fits. They refused the claim because their was no damage to the outside of the box. I have had great luck with USPS and UPS.

11. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

?????????????????

12. belair

belair

I had a 46 Chevy grille sent to my by the grey dog. Went well, but only because I drove an hour to check n my part. They had been calling the wrong phone number and were about to return it to the sender. Be sure your shots are up to date before you hit the bus terminal. Kind of like a 3rd world country.

13. haileyp1014

haileyp1014
    from so cal

They are idiots.i had a friend send me parts to my local grey hound which is PERRIS CA.idiots sent my shit to PERRIS ,TEXAS

14. Bought a quarter panel that was shipped Greyhound, after waiting for a while and getting the in transit thing back from the tracking the vendor went looking for it. they had shipped it to a town two hundred miles away from me.

15. nickleone

nickleone

FRAGILE cannot be read by the machine that processed your package.
    Paper stuffing compresses in transit.
    I have been in the small package shipping business(FEDEX UPS ETC) since 1996.
    Thousands of packages shipped and only 4 damaged. Claims on those 4 were paid by the carrier
    because they damaged the items that were packaged to their standards.

Nick

16. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

Wait a minute.... YOU agreed to shipping greyhound ... Why does the seller get fucked out of his money?.. He sold and shipped it greyhound as both of you agreed... So he filled his obligations Correct?

Seems to me the problem when it left his hands is now between you and greyhound.. No?

Since everyone is being honest didthe original seller get compensated again or is everything right with the world just cause you got a decklid? i dont believe it was right to file a claim on eBay against the seller

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
  17. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

He filled out the address wrong Started with him.Buffalo and NYC are not spelled the same.He is at fault and to make it worst,Greyhound stepped in it also.Then lied to me and ebay when trying to straighten out.He got to keep my 96 dollars shipping. I trusted him to do a job and after he had my money,decided his part was over.I was shown a copy of paperwork that was submitted at greyhound starting point.A mistake(?) is a mistake but dealing with him on this was just the beginning.If he had answered my and ebay contacts attempts things may have been different.I had no idea if I was being scammed or what the truth was.Things didnt happen in a bang bang bang order also and decision had to be made. Every attempt was made to contact seller and a decision had to be made because a claim is time sensitive.When contact was made at one point,he was all BS.Told me he had settled claim with ebay a week prior which was not done at all.Its his own fault right from the start. I dont feel bad for him at all.Greyhound compounded the situation by not living up to their job either.All in all it was a cluster F.Pretty simple transaction to do if all involved did their part.
    Read again. Original seller and 2nd seller are two different people.

18. alphabet soup

alphabet soup
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Shipped one time with Greyhound. Sent a '40 Ford coupe half way across the US. Worked out great. But I did put my own shipping to/from label on it also. With all the info I could give, names, phone numbers, etc. Got a call from them when they couldn't reach the guy on the other end.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
  19. COCONUTS

COCONUTS

I receive two 53 Chrysler door shipped by Greyhound,without a hitch. I called the guy to tell him I received them with the number he gave me and got the Greyhound station. It turn out he work there. So I guess they have good to outstanding service when they want to.

20. 1946caddy

1946caddy
    from washington

I'm reminded of when I was in the Air Force in 1968 and we were sending people overseas by commercial contract carriers out of Travis AFB, Cal. One day, the duty officer read us a letter that was received from a new second lieutenant who had flown out recently and he noted that he had to reprimand a airman who didn't call him sir. The letter went on to say that out of the 200 plus passengers on board, he was the only person not receive any of his baggage when they landed.

21. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

Yes , I see the water is a tad murky now , but the black and white of it is ..he had a deck lid , now he does not, and doesnt have money for it ..he did ship it... I do see the frustration though

22. Never used Greyhound, but I am sold on Fastenal. Just shipped a roadster pickup body from Seattle, WA to Baraboo, WI using Fastenal. Cost $160, and took exactly a week to get here. They even forklifted the box onto my trailer. Couldn't be happier.

23. 59Apachegail

59Apachegail
    from New York

If you ever get it back from the second buyer and it ends back up in NYC I'll be glad to pick it up and hang on to it for you. I might even be able to meet you half way

24. Rand Man

Rand Man

I had a transmission shipped on the bus a few years ago. I happened to be there when my bus arrived. I guarantee my stuff would not have been unloaded if I hadn't said something. Too heavy to bother with.
    I've had great service from Fastenal.

25. TR Waters

TR Waters
    from Vermont
    1. Early Hemi Tech

Going to Greyhound tomorrow to pick up a bumper. 4 days from FL to VT. Greyhound called twice to inform me it was there. Great service.

What I find as a big problem is the senders often do not package or address correctly. I had a hood shipped to me a few years ago. All the GH labels were attached...but the senders label with MY name and address was long gone. It had been sitting at the station a few days before I called looking for it.

26. ROBERT JAM

ROBERT JAM

I've shipped several items with Greyhound , mostly fenders and such. Never had a problem!

27. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I ship Grey hound about once a month sending louvered hoods all over the country without problem... Until this last time. I was shipping a tail gate to a guy in Alabama, and as I was checking in this package, another car guy was shipping a Dodge Challenger custom engine cover out to a guy in Detroit. Long story short, the gal at the counter got confused and put my tag on his, and his tag on mine. Took about a week to get straightened out, but it was handled quickly and professionally.

The flip side, I have used Fastenel ONCE, and that is all I will ever use that batch of idiots! A package clearly marked FRAGILE, and TOP SHIP ONLY, and DO NOT RATCHET STRAP, and even jokingly, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FRAGILE, and was obviously packed in a hood box was ratchet,, strapped to,oh hell, I don't know, maybe a telephone pole until it was bent in half! Completely destroyed! Not a hint of insurance to be bought, and not the slightest hint of remorse from even the upper echelon of Fastenel brass. Luckily it was a rather rare for me to ship late model hood, so I could buy another, louver it, and ship it to my client. Only ended up costing me about 600.00 total.

28. Randy Routt

Randy Routt

Local Greyhound office wouldn't help me resolve a damage claim on a $500 hood shipped about 220 miles. I wondered how the hell the box could have got tore up that bad in 220 miles. NW Alabama to east central Ms.

29. Maineac 1

Maineac 1

I have shipped and have received a lot of items through Greyhound.I had a pair of 46 Ford fenders that got lost and never received.I believe it is imperative that items are well marked directly on the item if possible in case packaging is ripped off! If being transferred several times on their journey it is likely that the drivers are not gentle so package VERY well ! Some items have been slow to arrive and others have arrived very quickly. They have eliminated many shipping depots.I used to drive 20 miles to pick up/ship.Now drive 60 miles each way ! Overall I give them a satisfactory rating !

30. haileyp1014

haileyp1014
    from so cal

Just sent model a seats to fordbarn member.from ca to tx.dropped em off last sat.and got there today.they even called when items arrived in tx.they have redeemed themselves.for front seat,and rumble seat.4 pieces in total.only cost $150.00 very happy