Register now to get rid of these ads!

A suggestion for next year....

Discussion in 'The 2024 Lone Star Round Up' started by '49 Ford Coupe, Apr 18, 2016.

1. I'm an Austinite, so I didn't have to travel too far to enjoy LSRU!

But unfortunately, I wasn't able to see the whole thing... being a bit older, my feet/knees/thighs just couldn't take the MILES of walking it would take to see all the cars...

With that, I just wrote a note to the organizers suggesting that perhaps they could categorize the layout for the cars based on manufacturers (Ford, Mopar, Chevy, Rat Rod, etc.) based on this year's registration numbers so that we all wouldn't have to walk the entire grounds to see the cars that we are interested in. I know that the populations would vary, but not a great deal - so that a reasonable estimate could be made of how much "land" could be set aside for each type of car.

If ya'll think this is a reasonable suggestion, you could write an email to them at "[email protected]". Any comments?

2. I can see how that'd be neat to see all the cars organized, but that'd also really stink for car clubs and friends that want to be together. Besides GNRS and Pebble Beach, I don't think very many car shows do what you are wanting.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
    Arabie777 likes this.
  3. 62nova

62nova

There would probably be a bunch of stuff I would miss if it was done that way. I like chevy hotrods so I would never see the crazy COEs or any mirror smooth paint. This way I'm exposed to things I never knew that I like.

4. 46stude

46stude

I replied in the other thread we kinda hijacked, but I'll repeat myself here:
    Good God, NO! Categorized shows suck. Buddies and clubs like to park together. The LSRU isn't judged, so there is no reason to segregate the cars.

I'm a car guy. I like all sorts of cars. I want to walk around and enjoy the variety. I don't want to see twenty '32 Fords parked next to each other, then twenty '60s pickups, then 30 tri five Chevies, etc. That would be miserable. I speak as a spectator for about 10 shows, and as a participant for the last three.

I'm sorry to hear it physically wears you out, but the show's huge. Maybe an electric scooter is something you need to look into.

5. D.Lee

D.Lee
    from Czexas

I think that's a terrible idea, I think a better idea would be to kick out the mad max crew and anything with a Diesel engine, and then start obeying the pre 63 rule and that would narrow the show down making it better like it used to be, and possible for you to see most of it.
    The traffic, beer prices and junk they've been letting in is almost enough to quit going already, if they start telling us where to park I'll stay at home.

6. Don't change a thing . It's the best car show , get together, music and get down bogey in the good old USA .

7. 46stude

46stude

Funny how some people act like the LSRU was more diligent about keeping rats or later models or billet out. I remember the third one, while still at the park by the river. I have pics of a Volkswagen Bug based rat rod contraption, along with many more that "didn't belong".

Kinda funny to remember how little amount of time it took to walk the shows back then. Been fun to watch the show grow first-hand.

8. mattheruthless

mattheruthless

Maybe put all the rat rods towards the grassy area in the back of the show to make room so the nicer cars can be in decent parking grounds? Better idea haha

9. WiredSpider

WiredSpider

The ratrods don,t fit the original criteria for the show

TudorJeff likes this.
  10. Toecutter

Toecutter

I think I saw less this year than before. And I noticed the trend is steering towards shiny paint which gives them a more traditional hot rod look.
    For the OP, maybe you can bring a scooter? Don't know if it's allowed on the fairgrounds.

11. Aw HELL..........forget it

12. We came out from Maryland. A buddy of mine has the same issues with his hips and knees. We brought his electric scooter in the back of my 51 truck, problem solved.

y'sguy, restingdollface and bondolero like this.
  13. y'sguy

y'sguy
    from Tulsa, OK

Ya, sucks gettin' old. parts wear out.

14. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

Then we will have electric wheelchair races, electric scooter races, gas scooter races, and all will want handicap parking. I am in the same boat being 74 with the same problems and I just try to make the best of it. Frank