Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. How about a flatbed car hauler.....I got this view off or you other thread.. Grants i phone pics 285.JPG hauler.jpg

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
    LeoH, kiwijeff and old16peeps like this.
  2. Madfish, you forgot the cat.....

3. old16peeps

old16peeps

4. LeoH

LeoH
    from Reno, NV

This iteration would need rear fender flares, imo.

5. old16peeps

old16peeps

I've been thinking that this might be the direction to take.
    I really am liking the idea of the car carrier the more I look at your rendition. I'll likely move ahead with this idea; leaving the old style paint (a little more roughed up or "patina") for now. Possibly paint the white areas on the front "flat black" I'll repaint the entire truck to look newer after riding like this for a while. I'll install a HUGE AND DIRTY old style wooden push bumper during this phase and go chrome when I repaint it later, add some type of old style gas station logo on the doors and maybe build the carrier to look older with a rounder vertical edge on the front just after the cab. Love the tickle trunk idea for added storage. "bagged suspension to allow it to sit right on the ground?" hmmmm? $$$$ Original rims during this phase painted a different colour other than white. I love being able to create something that can evolve as time passes and I can afford to improve it. I really do like the idea of eventually having something like what you suggested. I may try to build it so in the end I can use it for retirement. Cummings diesel, haul the car "Hot Rod"on the back and tow a vintage style trailer. Air-Stream or maybe I'll build a new trailer that looks old? Ah to dream and win the lottery. lol Have a great day and thanks for the spark to help ignite this fire. Cheers. :)

6. madfish

madfish

I really am liking the idea of the car carrier the more I look at your rendition. I'll likely move ahead with this idea; leaving the old style paint (a little more roughed up or "patina") for now.

car hauler.jpg

kiwijeff likes this.
  7. old16peeps

old16peeps

I'm slowly moving my way around this site trying to learn a little about navigation when all of a sudden I came across this picture that you photo-shopped for me. I hardly even finished posting my letter of thanks to you and you did this? :) You are so kind. :) Thank you so much for the time and effort you have spent on this for me, I genuinely appreciate it.

8. black.jpg blue.jpg

kiwijeff likes this.
  9. madfish

madfish

Thank you, glad to help but in all honesty all I'm trying to do is keep up with Moose. Good luck with you project.
    BTW I spent a lot of time in Toronto and Vancouver. Great country, great people.

themoose likes this.
  10. old16peeps

old16peeps

I Sincerely want to thank all of you for spending so much time helping me to envision my truck with it's possible future look. Each and every one of you are so kind to have spent so much time helping me. THANKS. :)

11. flyn schlosser

flyn schlosser
    from phelan, ca

Thank you awesome here are some better side profile pics a 001.JPG

12. flyn schlosser

flyn schlosser
    from phelan, ca

I appreciate it .anything you want to try .
    a 004.JPG a 004.JPG

Attached Files:

13. flyn schlosser

flyn schlosser
    from phelan, ca

14. How about emerald green with green pin stripe and whites to set it off....

green.jpg

JeffB2, 2redrovers, madfish and 4 others like this.
  15. Ruben Duran

Ruben Duran

Here's another quick option for ya......I didn't have time to change the paint (personally, I like it the way it is), but simple big 'n little black steelies, chrome caps and bias plys would be the way I'd go.

a 004.JPG

exterminator and kiwijeff like this.
  16. To me the two tone doesn't work at all well on this body style. Staying with the green theme here's a more subtle shade and you can never go wrong with a set of wire wheels.

green2.jpg

17. I'm with you on the two tone not working, Moose.
    This car has so much potential, but I'd be starting with replacing the tires first.
    Looks to much like a beach buggy as it is now, of course that's only my opinion.

flyn schlosser likes this.
  18. madfish

madfish

19. flyn schlosser

flyn schlosser
    from phelan, ca

20. flyn schlosser

flyn schlosser
    from phelan, ca

I like the wires also thank you for doing this

21. flyn schlosser

flyn schlosser
    from phelan, ca

Thank you love the wheels .Just discovered your art work a couple days ago . Your art work is truly awesome .My favorite for now is the vintage stating line at el mirage .Will be purchasing some prints soon for my house .

22. Rand Man

Rand Man

I would like to do that '35 pickup (back in post #17588) as more of a custom. Could you delete the bumper, lower it, and put on these hubcaps? ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1461424497.534772.jpg

23. Ruben Duran

Ruben Duran

Thanks flyn schlosser.....really appreciate it. Btw, sweet lookin' hot rod you've got there.....I'm sure any changes you decide to make to it will turn out great, man.

24. lower.jpg

gonmad, squigy, 2redrovers and 2 others like this.
  25. Rand Man

Rand Man

So awesome. Thank you!

26. summersshow

summersshow
    from NC

Could any one Photoshop some taillights into the rear fenders from a 63 fairlane? I'm wondering if they would be to large... They are roughly 8".

Attached Files:

27. Flamed48

Flamed48

What would the wagon look like with white wall tires

Attached Files:

28. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

Could someone please show me what my truck would look like in both all satin black and in all metallic blue? Originally I thought I wanted to do it in black, but lately I've been thinking about going back to the blue that it once was. I'm also looking to install a black vinyl roof insert or snap on canvas top over the opening. Thanks! IMG_7391.JPG IMG_7398.JPG

deadbeat likes this.
  29. Epy

Epy

Could one of you settle an argument as to weather my car would look well in this colour? 38cacb.JPG 8012536b5ef115d90.jpg ......Thanks

509garyd likes this.
  30. Darrell Cook

Darrell Cook

Newbie here and I used to have photoshop but lost the program along the way. My skills are nowhere near you guys so I would like to ask for some help. I have a model I am working on (in the Sunday models thread) that I can't decide how I want to finish. Can someone give me the options of a vintage drag car & gasser look? I would greatly appreciate the help. Thanks, Darrell

IMG_1804.JPG IMG_1805.JPG