Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Ignorant rhetorical questions that we love?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LostBoy, Apr 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 36brothers

36brothers

2. 270ci

270ci

At the Portland Swap Meet a few years ago, we put out an old Chevy cam for sale that was missing the end section from the fourth journal back. Put a tag on it that read "3/4 race". Got a few chuckles and grins from some fellas. But then some smart ass picked it up, eye balled it closely and then pointed out that was incorrect....was in fact a "4/5 race" cam.

Nailhead Jason, clem and falcongeorge like this.
  3. @36brothers
    Or else you did. ;) We really should make better use of our emojis I suppose. :D :D :D

You may be a little off base, when I used to sit around on Saturday morning with a bunch of guys bustin balls ans talkin smack I was normally sippin Bourbon or whatever hair the dog had. If I was sippin coffee it was Irish Coffee. LOL

These days there is no bunch of guys I am ashamed to say :oops:, or saddened :( depending on how you look at it.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
  4. shadams

shadams

:eek::eek::eek::eek:!!!

5. What kind of a noisy noise annoys an oyster?

Truck64 likes this.
  6. When I was racing, it was required to have the engine size on the hood. I complied, in "cc" format.

7. You are a sick sick man. :cool: :D

Oh an oyster is annoyed by the sound of a sea otter. ;)

8. if you don't remember that guy.......ohh wait.......then maybe it... was.........me........

9. 36brothers

36brothers

10. Takes one to know one...

11. Well they say we run in packs like Coyotes. ;) As long as we don't stat biting each other I guess we got it made.

here is a dumb question that happened to me yesterday as I was leaving PT (for the last time thank gawd). This lady comes up and says, "How long is your hair?" Phttt how do you answer that?

12. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

13. Damn you're right about that. If my granddad is any indication it has receded as much as it going to.

14. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

What color should I paint my car?

15. should have asked her "which hair"?

16. KRB52

KRB52
    from Conneticut

Who wrote the Book of Love?

17. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

18. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I usually get: "What year is it?"

To which, after summoning my most puzzled look, I respond: "It's 2016!"

falcongeorge likes this.
  19. banjorear

banjorear

Worker: Do you want fries with that?
    Person: F, yeah!

Seems rhetorical to me...

20. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

WORD!!!:p

21. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Hell thats not important...The real question is, how do you wash it.:p

22. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That depends on if it is a barn find, or not.

23. stimpy

stimpy

your supposed to wash them ?? I thought thats what rain is for ( as moss grows on the north side of my truck )

Nailhead Jason likes this.
  24. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Man, you should have seen the pollen here this year. I went outside and thought someone had rattle-canned my truck yellow!

25. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Same here, but pale green.

Canno breave.

pat59 likes this.
  26. k9racer

k9racer

I had a 1958 DeSoto. I would be asked what size is the engine. I would reply 350 cubic inch. Then they would say why did you put a chevy engine in a MOPAR?? I would reply it was a stock 350 Desoto . Then I was told Chrysler corp never made a 350. I would then laugh and call them stupid. Last on the Cubic Inch On circle track you would have the weight of the determined by Cu in displacement so if you claimed weight for 350 and had a 355 you could be disqualifed if not caring proper weight. 8 and half per cu you added 43 lbs .. one last Q I had a 307 engine that was bored to 4 inch and had a 3.48 stroke crankshaft used in replacement of the 3 and one fourth crank . So is my power plant still a 307 ??? Thank You

Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
  27. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

Finally got my 37 back on the road and out of the garage, and had some nice weather today, so went for a random drive in the country. Driving an old car, you get people that just want to know what it is, or comment on it. That's cool, I don't mind chatting for a minute or two, and maybe it makes someone else's day a bit brighter.

So I pull in to a small town gas station, and I'm waiting for the pump to be available. Guy walks over, says hello, asks "what color is it?" Didn't look blind, but, whatever, so I tell him it's purple and silver. Follow up question "what year is it?". It's a 37 Chevy. "Oh, you're a Chevy guy, I can't talk to you." and he jumps in his little Dodge econobox and drives off. WTF?

28. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Probably a "traditional" hot rodder, should have told him it had a flathead in it...;):eek:

29. I beilve its one that opens only 3/4 of the valves..or maybe it opens them 3/4 of the way open.... That's what I thought it was when I was 14...

30. Are you naturally stupid or did you take lessons??????

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.