Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Is Pate gonna get rained out?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by manyolcars, Apr 19, 2016.

1. manyolcars

manyolcars

What do you think?

2. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

3. Never has in the past.....If you can remember the "OLD" Pate with all the mud

Roothawg and belair like this.
  4. shivasdad

shivasdad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Sure hope not. Maybe we can get all our rain done for a few weeks.

5. Better not , I've been loading up my trailer for a week .

6. 29moonshine

29moonshine

i hope not i am leaving thur headed that way

7. It may rain but Pate's gonna happen.

8. manyolcars

manyolcars

HAHA Funny guy! I remember the last year of the old Pate. They said it was going to rain, I went anyway. There were lots of us there looking at the sky. There was a stampede for the exit.
    I definitely remember the mud and how it stuck to your boots until they were so heavy you could barely walk. I watched a 4 wheel drive truck get stuck in a mud puddle while a crappy beatup Ford station wagon drove thru the same puddle. I have a picture of a garbage packer that wasnt stuck but the wheels were spinning and it couldnt move. My picture shows a 1938 Chevy coupe pulling the garbage packer out. The chevy was on a 4 wheel drive chassis. Maybe we should change this thread to Pate mud stories. :) I bet theres some good ones. We are going to go this year

Roothawg likes this.
  9. manyolcars

manyolcars

Thursday will be the best shopping day. Better leave on Wednesday. I got 4 dropped axles on Thursday one year and didnt see any more the rest of the swap meet.

10. belair

belair

I remember the kid driving that big tractor to pull guys up the hill, (made more money than most vendors, I bet), the hay bales to put out for the mud, the slime and the fun.

11. texasred

texasred
    from Houston

The only place in Texas that you needed snow shoes...

12. The old Pate and Decatur , always mud .
    I like that pate is on Asphalt. But if it rains you don't make much but there are some great deals .

13. Roothawg

Roothawg

It always seems there are swap meet prices and then "Pate" prices.

pecker head likes this.
  14. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I remember going to the old Pate site at the Museum and there were two weather conditions, Sunburn or soaked. The buying and selling didn't seem to slow down much because of the rain though.

I do remember loading up my 57 panel with my stuff and my buddy's stuff and heading up there one year with just enough cash to pay for a spot and needing to sell what I had to be able to buy anything. I sold almost everything I took and went out and bought enough to almost fill the truck back up for the trip home.

15. Mr cheater

Mr cheater

It better not I am coming with a pile of money to spend

16. southerncad

southerncad

I remember at the old Pate Museum site, on Sunday an old farmer was pulling folks out of the mud with his tractor, and he told me that he always plants the week before Pate, 'cause he know it was gonna' rain!!!

JOYFLEA likes this.
  17. Andy

Andy

Wife and I went and camped in a tent. It rained the first night and when we awoke, found water half way up the air mattress. We wanted to go into town to dry our clothes but could not get thru the mud.
    One time it started to rain and I had my hat pulled way down for protection. I saw a tree and went and got under it. I had only seen the trunk and had not noticed it had no leaves. I wondered why it was so wet under the tree.

18. 1928Fordman

1928Fordman

It's going to rain the whole time. You better stay home. :D

TexasHardcore likes this.
  19. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

Maybe 6 or 7 years ago a turdfloater came through and soaked our asses, pretty much everyone at Pate split. We went to the nearest walmart and bought prison shoes and went to the hotel to shower and change while 5 pairs of our wet shoes flopped around the the hotel dryer for and hour before a night of BBQ, whiskey, and fresh tattoos. The next day ruled, nobody was there to buy, vendors were packing up, and we got a truck bed full of parts that vendors didn't want to load up and take home so they gave it to us for free. As much as I hate rain, since I work outdoors, I kind of hope for a repeat of that weekend this year. See y'all soon.

20. EZ Cool

EZ Cool
    Alliance Vendor
    from Slaton TX

Rained on, not rained out. I usually do ok selling at the bad weather swap meets. Buyers that come to them come to buy not kick tires.

21. Andy

Andy

Where are everyone's spots. I may come by and say hello. I am at 503 on 8th.

22. EZ Cool

EZ Cool
    Alliance Vendor
    from Slaton TX

1000 13th and 1001 14th. Block 80

Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
  23. 1045,47,49,51,53,55 block79
    I'll be there with the AMCA come by and see some great antique motorcycles . Be on the end with car and mc parts .

24. manyolcars

manyolcars

I'd like to meet you Andy. You have given me information that really helped

25. manyolcars

manyolcars

The forecast right now is Thursday 20% chance of rain. Friday --80%, and Saturday is 30%
    We will be there!

26. Andy

Andy

I would love to put faces on the folks on the HAMB. I offer shade and drink if you stop by. I have extra spaces to resell if anybody needs a good space. My buddy bailed and I have more room than I need.

27. EZ Cool

EZ Cool
    Alliance Vendor
    from Slaton TX

Edited my previous post. Spaces are 1000 13th and 1001 14th. Block 80

28. manyolcars

manyolcars

As usual Pate was awesome. No rain except the rain that was going sideways about 5 p.m. on Friday. That was awesome too but only lasted a short time then the sun came out. Andys space was empty when I went by. I met Elrod. His girlfriend is incredibly beautiful. E Z Cools chevy looks as good as its picture

29. Wind and rain on Tuesday night , little on Friday night . Poor attendance Friday and Saturday but did good . Met a few HAMB guys . Had a great time .

30. EZ Cool

EZ Cool
    Alliance Vendor
    from Slaton TX

One thing I like about bad weather swap meets, the tire kickers and sight seers stay home. People that come are there to find and buy. I usually do better selling and did good this meet. I also enjoyed visiting with some of you guys and making some new friends.

Mike