Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs has anyone made a jig to re-stamp 32 chevy sedan roof parts? how?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by goldhunter_2, Apr 19, 2016.

1. goldhunter_2

goldhunter_2

ok a little help would be appercatied. I thought there used to be a tech articals section on this forum but can't find it now so I'll just ask.

Does anyone have a link to a post about building a jig to make replacement parts for a 32 chevy sedan or coupe? Or if someone has done that and happens to have the templates scanned in there computer tat mite email them to me??

I am very open to other ideas, but at this point the only way I can think to make these roof bend parts is making a old fashion woodstamp jig to pop out a replacement , if someone has a LESS time consuming way to do this let me know

2. john worden

john worden
    from iowa

A photo of the parts you want to make would help.

3. goldhunter_2

goldhunter_2

I don't have a exact picture of the loose parts but here are some examples , if you look at the sedan roof there are two long side and front a rear all with a unique shape to form the roof. Actual the little black 5 windows pictures shows them better

Edit: Note pictures are just random I found for reference

Attached Files:

4. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

I know that 79 Jag XJ6 front fender tops have a shape that looks like that

5. john worden

john worden
    from iowa

You need the services of a metal shaper

6. indyjps

indyjps

Pretty big area, you thinking a top and bottom die, or a male form and hammer it out.
    What's the car look like now, are you open to other roofs for donors, the jag fender is a good idea. You can get creative walking a junkyard looking at late model parts shape.