Register now to get rid of these ads!

A long time lurker from New Zealand

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by B4bazz, Mar 5, 2006.

1. B4bazz

B4bazz

I have been coming here nearly every day since I first got a computer and I thought that it was about time that I introduced myself. I've had my 32 Ford 3w coupe sitting around in pieces for a long time until about a year ago when I started to put it together with parts that I had gathered over the years.I have always liked the earlier traditionally styled cars and this site just drew me in.The Scroungers Blowout here in Auckland has been a great boost to traditional cars locally and I had my coupe there last year, assembled quickly for the first time in probably 30 years ( I havn't owned it for that long though). I'm in my mid 50's but these cars keep me feeling younger. I spent 11 years living in British Columbia, Canada in the 80's and early 90's.

2. Roupe

Roupe

Welcome to the board. Post a picture of that 32 sometime. There worth gold over here. I'm over in the states but I have a 32 Ford RHD that came from New Zealand. I don,t know alot of history on the car but it was finished in 1993 and somehow made it to Califonia then to Idaho and now to Wisconsin. It is traditional styled with a 348 chevy motor and wire wheels. Maybe you remember the car.

Attached Files:

3. kiwiandy

kiwiandy

yeah 32s are worth gold everywhere! Bout time you got on here Barry,good to see:D . Barry should be able to give you history on your roadster. Otherwise post some pics on nzhotrodmagazine forum and theyll sort you out. Theres a post up there at the moment about the rods of yesterday in NZ. I think quite a few have gone off shore but we're slowly bringing them back:)

4. lgh1157

lgh1157

Kia ora bro, welcome

L

5. Rckt98

Rckt98

Welcome. I am surprised there aren't alot more Kiwi's taking advantage of this site. I have learnt heaps in the short time I have been a member.

6. B4bazz

B4bazz

Thanks for the welcome guys, I'll attempt to get some pictures of my coupe up soon. The ones that I have are too big, so I will try to find out how to make them smaller. Roupe, I do remember a car like yours here in Auckland not too many years ago, It was taken overseas to sell, I will find out what I can about it for you.

7. HotrodBoy

HotrodBoy

Lots a kwis on here aye bro, best way to find us all is to do a search on "New Zealand".

8. Roupe

Roupe

Guys thanks for the help. I'll check out the NZ Hotrod Magazine forum.

9. B4bazz

B4bazz

I have been trying to resize a picture of my coupe so I could put it on here,hopefully this will work. You may have seen this picture before, posted last year in the photos that I took at the Scroungers Blowout. I think that this was one of the posts that was lost last year.

Attached Files:

10. B4bazz

B4bazz

Roupe, I havn't forgotten your request for info on your roadster from NZ, I am looking for an article on it in our local Hot Rod Magazines, as I don't know much about its history.

11. This car was originally built by Rod and Maureen Guilford of Auckland. They are members of Mid West Street Rods and currently building a Deuce coupe with a 348 in it. The car was featured in NZ Hot Rod in 1993 - back issues available at www.nz-hotrod.com
    I also featured this car in a magazine that I used to write for. Great little car and kind of a shame that it left NZ with a number of other great cars. However, we have had more good come in than go out.

12. Hey Barry, great to see you on here "officially". Listen up fellow HAMBERS, Barry is a true stickler for proper HOT RODS
    Greg

13. Roupe

Roupe

Thanks to all the Kiwi's for the information on my car, I will email NZ Hotrod magazine and see if I can get the back issue that the roadster was in. If any of you Kiwi's ever come over for one of the Harley Davidson anniversary parties let me know I live 30 miles from the H-D Factory. Thanks, Roupe

14. B4bazz

B4bazz

Greg, thanks for finding the info on Roupes car, I was searching back through the NZ Hot Rod magazines to find an article and you got there before I could.