Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 33-34 Ford Parts stolen in NJ! Help needed!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fordgasser1, Apr 6, 2016.

1. toreadorxlt

toreadorxlt
    from Nashua, NH

better bring me and ray if you wanna do any damage. we equate to one normal size human. the rest of the torrnados ate their wheaties growing up. I'm glad you got the trailer back george... hoping you get the parts now.

2. k9racer

k9racer

I have heard of jersey people talking and saying something about sleeping with fish. Down south we have hogs that after 3 days of no food will have bad sugar problems and when hungry will eat anything. Well everything but teeth. I am so glad you got your possessions back. Talk with the DA and ask that no deals be made. I had a snich that stole and vandalised my things get off scott free because he rolled on 4 of his {now former} friends..

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
    mike bowling likes this.
  3. 40LUV

40LUV
    from Mid Jersey

George, that's great you got the trailer back and hopefully can track down your parts. Keeping my fingers crossed that the guy dies of withdrawal while in the slammer (but gets a "date" with Bubba first).

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. Caught the bastards, eh?
    They need to 'fessup where the parts are.
    Too bad waterboarding is off the list.

5. k9racer

k9racer

Get some one to verify what the parts were worth. After a certain dollar amount the punishment goes up. most courts would say just some old junk car parts not worth any money.. Hemmings would be a good source to set the values. If they are still in jail you would be suprised what can be found out by putting some cash in someones jail comisary store account. if meth heads I bet the scrap yard got your parts.

turboroadster likes this.
  6. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good to hear that you at least got the trailer back. Hope the rest follows shortly.
    Tube sock full of lifters is OK, but I prefer a lead shot bag half full of rod caps. They have much sharper edges, and more of 'em.

Nailhead Jason likes this.
  7. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good on getting the trailer back, now lets hope they all the sudden remember what they did with the car parts. If the trailer wasn't far away I'd think the parts were pretty close too. I'd still be checking the scrap yards in the area and especially the ones a bit lax in record keeping.

8. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

What a day I have had!..
    FYI,The thief was a neighbors son whom I have known for the last 10 years..He's been in and out of jail on drug charges for several years.With the help of a family member(another doper)they knew when I was away and snagged the trailer. They sold the trailer to a guy a few towns away who discovered it was stolen and called the cops. That was a HUGE help!If that hadn't happened I would never have found it so quickly. He also identified the thieving bastards!.
    The small parts were sold to scrap yards in the area and they supposedly dumped the big stuff in the pine lands.
    Got some of the parts back from the scrap guys..grilles,some of the fenders,one door, and a cowl..Big stuff has not been recovered yet. Search continues tomorrow..So anyone in central/southern NJ be on the lookout for frames,cowls and doors!

lothiandon1940 and Baumi like this.
  9. The37Kid

The37Kid

So glad the parts are coming home, looks like the scrap guys knew thay were worth more than their scrap weight. I don't think any metal lasts a day up here once it hits the pile. Bob

Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
  10. clem

clem

Glad that you've had a measure of success.
    Doesn't always end that well.

11. mike bowling

mike bowling

It ain't over yet!!
    Great news so far- I hope like hell you get 100% of your parts back ( they're probably worth 4 times as much as the trailer!!)
    Vigilance and networking- put the word out to the area cops and have them spread the descriptions to surrounding towns- I found out a long time ago how effective cops computers are! ( "Son, it says here you're no stranger to the Law, now HOW fast were you going??")

12. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

That's AMAZING ! Very glad that you've gotten some stuff back . I'm also mega glad that the doping , thieving scumbags were caught. I agree with k9racer , get good values on all parts stolen. It could get the bastards more time to think about what they did.

13. 62hotcat

62hotcat

George is lucky scrap is low so they arent processing it as quickly now. 2 years ago it would have been on its way to china.

14. Can you get the cops to take the guys to where they dumped it? Junkie or not they know where they dumped it. My brother is one, I know how these fucks work.

15. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

Thats what we did all day yesterday..drove around in the friggin woods for hours looking for parts..The dopeheads are having trouble remembering where they dumped everything..The NJ pinelands are massive,very easy to get lost out there..Still searching!
    We did recover the 34 roadster doors and cowl this morning!YEE HA!

BradinNC and lothiandon1940 like this.
  16. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

Load them up in a patrol car and take them for a ride through the Pine Lands. They should remember once they are out there, or maybe they are just wanting to keep the parts hidden for drug money once they are out of the slammer.

17. glad to hear it George. I hope you can get all the big stuff back and the sheet metal isn't too much worse for the wear. I am still very willing to come up with my favorite old Army sock and some lifters to help coerce some more info out of them.....

Fordgasser1 and onekoolkat1950 like this.
  18. mike bowling

mike bowling

Most excellent news- hopefully more to come.

19. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Ideally, I hope you get the whole trailer load back unmolested- Mike[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that would have been grand. If the big parts aren't recovered, when they get out maybe take @jason up on his insistent offer to 'Sock it to 'em'!
    Thank the gods of recovery for what you did get back, so far.
    Yeah, I said prayers.

20. If I could get up there to help you scour the woods this weekend I would. Maybe put together a Jersey HAMBer's search party to help cover more area, and get this stuff back before someone else finds it.

clem, lothiandon1940 and Fordgasser1 like this.
  21. Yeah, that would have been grand. If the big parts aren't recovered, when they get out maybe take @Nailhead Jason up on his insistent offer to 'Sock it to 'em'!
    [/QUOTE]

There is no statute of limitations on stealing early ford stuff, especially not model 40 stuff. Lifters will break a jaw in the blink of an eye..

Fordgasser1 and Atwater Mike like this.
  22. Cullyflower

Cullyflower

Contact the outdoor club of southern nj. They have hikes every week in the pine barrens. They are on Facebook. Also go to the Wharton state forest headquarters and report what was stolen. They have park police that patrol anywhere that your trailer could have gone they will spot your stuff.

23. mike bowling

mike bowling

BTT- please
    ---------------------------------------------
    Weekend bump for George!
    Have the local cops request a fly-over by the State Police in a whirly bird- eyes on the ground AND in the air. ( drones??)

24. The37Kid

The37Kid

Hope some more parts found their way home. Bob

25. Hope you get some more if it back home this weekend.

26. 1950heavymetal

1950heavymetal

Congrats on the recovery of trailer and some parts so far! Glad the trailer buyer had the guts and made the right decision to report the trailer.

27. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

Got some more parts back today! One box of small parts and another fender..No sign of the frames or the rear clip..
    The parents of the thief have offered to pay for any of the stuff I don't recover if charges are dropped. Better to get the shit back and lock his ass up!

clem and lothiandon1940 like this.
  28. mike bowling

mike bowling

That's why the kid's a dirt bag- mommy and daddy are probably bailing his ass out on a regular basis.
    Stand your ground, find your parts, and let the little prick swing!
    What do these assholes think, you can drive down to K-Mart and get another rear clip??
    Time for junior to find out what happens when you FUCK UP.
    Fug-ged-a-boudit!

Happy to hear stuff's showing up bit by bit! Rear clip next!!

29. This is what they should still do to thieves. 1890-1900_hanging_stagecoach_robber_Texas.jpg ...............Stagecoach robber.

Fordgasser1 and turboroadster like this.
  30. Oh and the dope excuse these jack-asses come up with makes me want to puke. Reminds me of the POS in Texas (the Affluenza Teen) who killed all of those people while driving drunk and used the defense that he was coddled and spoiled so much by his wealthy parents that he had no sense of responsibility. Give me a fuckin' break!

town sedan and Fordgasser1 like this.