Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Plan to work on your project this weekend?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The37Kid, Apr 15, 2016.

1. The37Kid

The37Kid

I haven't done anything on the projects in a while, going to try and force myself to do something this weekend. I don't think I'm alone, pick something and report back Sunday evening. I'm going to finish the fender buck and with some luck get a fender cut up. This will free up some space in work shop, and get me closer to having one fender for the car. Won't cost a dime, all I need is time and the desire to do it. Bob

2. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Kinda. I'm measuring a friends T Bucket for bracket placement on my chassis.

3. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I think I am going to a swap meet. Does parts hunting count?

volvobrynk likes this.
  4. summersshow

summersshow
    from NC

Vacuuming out sand... Lol... Grab some corona's and pretend like I'm at a beach?

5. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

Looks like great weather this weekend here in New England. Heading out to a swap meet Sunday. Great to see the parts but its also about the drive.

Did some stuff in the garage this week after work for a couple of hour.
    Love Garage time!

6. Still putting the '59 back together so I can insure and register it. Hope to get the front bumper and parking lights done today.

7. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

Rearranging the shop AGAIN.Brought home another piece of equipment so some unnecessary crap needs to go somewhere else.This is more like long term setting up to work on my Olds.Iam also pacing around waiting for my decklid to showup so at least Iam moving around too....mind exercising

8. Barsteel

Barsteel
    from Monroe, CT

I'm self employed with a good crew, and a wife with a long weekend honey-do list, so I get my shop time in during the week after all of the paperwork is done.

Just go out to your garage and start something. Anything. Even if it's cleaning off the work bench and sweeping up. Think momentum. Once you get going and start feeling the feeling of accomplishment, you'll want more.

Good luck.

Chris

9. alphabet soup

alphabet soup
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Does that count??? That's the top one, two and three things on the list!

volvobrynk and falcongeorge like this.
  10. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

Hoping to get most of the reassembly of the engine top done. Got gaskets, helicoils done, new hoses cut to fit. Waiting for temp gauge sender to arrive, but that's quick and easy to install when it gets here.

11. ClarkH

ClarkH
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

For two months, work has pulled me away from my project. I finally have a clear weekend. Hope to finish securing the floor and fuel tank mount, take care of some bodywork details, and strip the paint off my newly acquired radiator shell--the commercial shell that I think you, Bob, originally suggested.

Sidebar: I'll have baseball on the radio, which really helps motivate me: with the Seattle Mariners playing, I'm driven to work really hard so I don't listen to their pathetic play. The Mariners are the worst team ever. And I'm not just talking baseball, I'm talking all of organized sports, worldwide. :mad: Sorry for the OT rant.

falcongeorge likes this.
  12. 66gmc

66gmc

reorganizing my garage. I brought home a 29 chevy 2 door sedan basket case last weekend so I have parts scattered everywhere. Once thats out of the way I would like to finish polishing the cab for my 29 rpu.

13. choptop4

choptop4

YES, I get to work on the Boznetic coupe all weekend. Cheers

Attached Files:

14. The37Kid

The37Kid

Made the first dump run of the day. Stopped at a tag sale bought a Tyrannosaurus Rex, got him on eBay, back to the basement.

15. squirrel

squirrel

I'm fiddle farting around with tools and equipment for the road trips in the "race car"....trying to get things more old. Still a ways to go, as you can see.

20160415_144421.jpg

volvobrynk likes this.
  16. Chavezk21

Chavezk21

I am at work this weekend. Worked on my mom's 58 impala this last week. Pulled the carpet to put sound deadening and new carpet in and found lotsa rust, the swiss cheese variety. Waiting on new floor pans for drivers side front and both front and rear on passengers. so much for having it driveable by next weekend. meanwhile my car is sitting getting lonely...

17. steinauge

steinauge
    from 1960

Worked on cleaning up the shop and on the A chassis all day today.Nice thing about being retired is I can go to the garage pretty much anytime I like :)

18. No go on the front bumper, got the sun visors on and hit Ace for bumper hardware. I'll wander out in a bit as it warms up.

19. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

Win: got the temp sender I was waiting for, so got the engine all buttoned back up and ready to fire.

Lose: broke a spark plug wire. Gotta head out to see if I can get a set of wires this morning.

20. Working on the 51 GMC, so far I got the new Industrial Chassis front crossmember mounted, stock steering wheel cut down to 15", and my rear wheel centers cleaned up and ready to blast before building my new rear wheels.

21. I was working on the Olds station wagon all week so I talked my wife in to going out to dinner and meeting some friends there and convinced her to ride in the Olds wagon{her 1st time}Kind of hard after the rough ride she had in my 56 buick wagon. It was about a 40 minute ride and she said I really like the way this one rides and handles. She asked are you going to keep this one ?I said yes .I sold it 12 years ago and then found it and bought it back after finding it just sitting in a garage for the last 10 years. And its kind of kool when some one comes in to the restrant asking who owns that station wagon parked out there and is it for sale? Was at my friends house 15 minutes after dinner and his neighbor came knocking on the door wanting to know if it was sale too. Its a GOOD feeling. Bruce.

22. The37Kid

The37Kid

I did make some progress but not what I set out to do. The old SEARS compressor is running for the first time ever without the length of BX cable, just plug it in the wall and it runs. Plan to buy a new water separator/filter for it. Got one front fender in bare metal, and more crap moved around. It was a good weekend all around. Bob

23. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Had great plans to work on my corvette got all the stuff together Friday and then spent the rest of the weekend working on getting my sons new bedroom straightened out. :(

24. The37Kid

The37Kid

Sandblaster is making a pick up on Monday at the shop, so I added a pile of my stuff, first step in turning it into something useful. Primer is there to ID my stuff.Bob DSCF8529.JPG