Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Weiand parts ID....... Any ideas?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Shoop107, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Shoop107

Shoop107

There might be one of these in every garage in America but I can't seem to find any info on it.

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1460742859.606293.jpg

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1460742875.422885.jpg

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1460742886.638564.jpg

Supercharger hat of some sort? How old is it? Anyone have one or ever see one?

Any info is appreciated.

2. It is actually a carb hat. Could be used with a Paxton style supercharger or a turbo or just in a low hood clearance area.

I don't know when Weiand would have made them or what application that they would have been for but they could be used in any of the above mentioned applications.

loudbang likes this.
  3. 19Eddy30

19Eddy30
    from VA

I don't know when Weiand would have made them or what application that they would have been for but they could be used in any of the above mentioned applications.[/QUOTE]

Way Be for boat,

4. Shoop107

Shoop107

Ya. That's what I meant. Carb hat for a supercharger. Wasn't very clear there.

Letters are stamped which makes me think it's early but who knows.

5. Well they hit them buggers pretty hard. LOL

And you are back on top.

Moondog13 likes this.
  6. town sedan

town sedan

The letters may have been stamped, but could also have been cast in. Guess public schools don't offer things like metal shop anymore, too bad. Even if a person never works in a foundry, or an auto repair shop it's good to be exposed to these thing. Knowledge is a wonderful thing. The opening size will give you an idea what carbs it will fit on.
    -Dave

loudbang likes this.
  7. squirrel

squirrel

Looks like it was never used...not surprising...it doesn't look very useful. But it does look neat.

8. Shoop107

Shoop107

Talk about a brain fart! Never even considered the letters to be cast in. They just looked so well defined and clean I assumed they were stamped. Then I thought about my Edmunds stuff. That would be one heck of a stamp. Haha.

Definitely never used. And chances are it'll hang on the wall as long as I own it but you never know. The longer I stare at it on the wall the more I'll want to use it.

9. RainierHooker

RainierHooker
    from Tacoma, WA

My guess would definitely be a marine application. Although it is very similar to the carb hat used on Paxton equipped Studebakers:
    [​IMG]

loudbang and kidcampbell71 like this.
  10. Black Panther

Black Panther
    from SoCal

You can assume it's worth some decent dough...if you decide to sell..I've never seen another....hopefully it's a real piece and not a metal shop deal...I'm sure someone might have a catalog that shows it if they offered it..

11. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

That's what you need when you stuff a Cadillac in a '53 Stude.

12. town sedan

town sedan

Similar to Offy part #2748. Wouldn't surprise me if others made them too. Is it rare? Hard to say. It's value is only if you need one. Latest Offenhauser price sheet I have (4/1998 replaced the 11/1988 price sheet) list jobber @ $28.77. Figure retail around $45 to $50. Your Weiand part...? I'd start around $75 unless it is unotanium, or someone just has to have it.
    -Dave