Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration ====== Hoodlum Art Show = Friday, 04/15/2016 ======

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GaryC., Apr 15, 2016.

1. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

2. Davkin

Davkin
    from SLC, Utah

Thanks Dan. I plan on continuing experimenting with this style, hopefully I'll get better.

3. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

4. JWL115C

JWL115C
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Inspired by some really creative work by others here, I decided to make a lamp. It is a Corvair cylinder and a fan clutch part with air cleaner elements as a shade. Made it for my son who drove a Corvair in high school. IMG_1141.JPG

Jigger, tb33anda3rd, Stogy and 14 others like this.
  5. Too many really great contributions to name everyone, but please believe this... I dig everyone's work! Gary, that shoebox is perfect.. Mark, I always dig everything you share...Bernie, that is a great piece...and Bob and everyone else knocked it clean over the fence and down Main Street! I got my art fix, so now I can happily return to editing and re-writing for the rest of the weekend. :D

Jigger, Cruisin', Mark A and 2 others like this.
  6. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

A wonderfully creative effect very well executed. It was great seeing you, meeting your son and visiting at LSRU

7. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

I really like the slightly color toned look you have shown in most of your contributions this week, Mark. Very cool! Also very cool that you included that 60 Ford wagon - which used to be my dream car believe it or not.

Jigger likes this.
  8. fortypickup

fortypickup
    from Nebraska

Congrats to fortypickup on winning the 'MO-KAN Dragway' sign a couple of weeks ago!!

Great artwork from all again this week. Thanks for all the likes.
    Joe

[/QUOTE]
    Thanks Jokem59! Great job on the sign!
    CAM02311.jpg

9. georgeg

georgeg
    from Il

Great FAS!
    A wood transfer and a photo of IMG_0052.jpg IMG_0448.jpg the back of a leather jacket.

Stogy, selectedgrub, themoose and 8 others like this.
  10. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Beautiful!

57 Corvette ~ Bob likes this.
  11. Mark A

Mark A
    from Michigan

Thank you Chopolds. I highly appreciate it.

12. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

Thanks Dan, always appreciated .........I know what you mean about remembering what you have posted in the past....I have a hard time as well. Great job with your photos this week ............

13. 1320Paul

1320Paul

I haven't posted in a long time. Here's some car parts drawn on old gas station invoices that I enlarged. invoice 2.JPG invoice 3.JPG

Attached Files:

b-bop, pwschuh, Jigger and 26 others like this.

14. Thanks Phillippe! Your’s looks great too and you reminded me I have another older drawing of one of the hoodlum’s girls, standing by a flamed shoebox, no less...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. And about the bubble gums... You’ll never take my alive coppers!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. georgeg

georgeg
    from Il

Love the old Chevys! DSC_3610.jpg

john mullen, tinsled, Animal and 7 others like this.
  17. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Very vibrant and alive looking image and a very enticing technique.

18. LOWCAB

LOWCAB
    from Houston

Hope you don't mind a dose of Hoodlums from me.
    hood3.jpg hood1.jpg Hoodlumforsure.jpg

19. Got a few to post. A little background on them: In 1998 I was confined to the house pretty much for the whole winter due to illness. I started drawing these little critters I called Karicartoons and over the course of the winter drew a couple hundred. Most are remembrances of my teen age years in the mid 1950's. The Adventure Car Hop was the local drive-in where most street racing started from.
    A lot of the drawings aren't really HAMB related so I'll leave those out.
    Two of the drawings in here deserve special mention: The 1957 Oldsmobile I drew in 1963 using India ink and Red Devil enamel and the Safari cartoon was done for me by a good friend and great striper Larry Hook from Cumberland Rhode Island who now owns(among other cars) the Norm Wallace roadster that my cousin owned for about 10 years. 55 Pontiacruiser.jpg 55taildragr.jpg 57bonneville1.jpg 57bonneville2.jpg 1955 Chevy.jpg 1959 Cadillac Luxocruiser.jpg adventurecarhop2.jpg cruisin1998.jpg Cruisin 1961.jpg cruisin USA 1998.jpg Drawings1963-1968 002.jpg Greaser Madness.jpg Wagons of Steel 1.jpg HookCartoon1.jpg

20. Wow.
    Great show,
    Thanks everyone.

[​IMG]

21. georgeg

georgeg
    from Il

Thanks Dan. I really enjoyed your work from LSR.

Spoggie likes this.
  22. georgeg

georgeg
    from Il

Love the old Fords also. DSC_7783.jpg

23. Love the old Fords? This hoodlum (Black Bess) won the 1950 Australian Grand Prix. This is a 3 minute sketch done as she was about to be gridded up at an event a few years ago. 160416BlkBessSktch.jpg

24. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

Fabulous Fri folks!

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  25. Randy Routt

Randy Routt

Bad girls,ooh and the 60 Dodge I have a hankering for 60 Dodge Dart, I'll send a picture of it to you when I find the file it's in. The interior patterns, the steering wheel, the catfish style fins, and the long ram under the hood, weighing in about 500 lbs. less than a 300F, I can live with that.

Jigger likes this.
  26. Randy Routt

Randy Routt

27. Randy Routt

Randy Routt

really good show, thank you all guys!

28. Great to see you back Dan. Been too long but I understand my friend. These are beautiful, esp. the woody with the truly traditional flames! That rig would be MY soft spot as well as the ’60. Not sure if you know this but it was my mother’s (white over red over red) ’60 Ford wagon as well as dad’s ’62 Monza coupe (white with a red int.) that made me a car nut at 4yrs old! Thanks for the kind words about the art. that’s my 'fast way of getting a drawing done’ technique. Hey, have you ever found yourself shooting cars you’ve photographed in the past in your many travels? Also, when we going to get you up the my part of Nebraska? We have a drive-in...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

29. Killer!

30. Thanks Animal! (tell Larry thanks too... ;) )

Animal likes this.