Register now to get rid of these ads!

Font control

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by 31HotRodLincoln, Jul 25, 2015.

1. 31HotRodLincoln

31HotRodLincoln

This forums text font selection is horrible. The old style I could read and view and I'm only 50, every since the change the blinding white screen tells me this is wrong. tone it down...

2. Assuming you're working from a laptop or desktop, you might go to your monitor's settings menus and try reducing the screen brightness and contrast a bit. Also remember that in most browsers you can quickly change font sizes by holding the CTRL key and rolling the scroll wheel on your mouse.

None of this does anything to change the font however. But when I post to the threads here I go the top of the reply window, click the Font Family button and select Tahoma. Much more legible to my old eye-bones, but unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a way to make this a default setting.

3. F&J

F&J

I agree on having a very difficult time with the font on a small P/C...I don't have a cell or any other way.

No offence, but the number font is extremely discouraging. We deal in numbers here on tech issues and info sharing, and "ones" seem to fit too tight to other numerals...and when a number has 6 with 9's it just looks confusing...like an old worn typewriter that moved letters up and down in one word.. :)

Also when in classifieds where the price is mandatory in the required box, a price like $11,300 in that ad "price area" ...that seems to be smaller? ...is really tough for me to see the first part. But mainly it's sketchy when doing tech on part numbers, casting numbers, and decimal measurements that are hopefully not misread by the poster or viewer. Sometimes, the bottom part of number 3 is missing, but maybe is a browser issue IDK

I can deal with whatever font...it just makes the site harder, that's all.

Yes, I get the whole "coffee table book" idea for fancy text...but..

Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
  4. (Georgia, default font) 112731456 32oz. 4.25 in

(Tahoma) 112731456 32oz. 4.25 in

Tahoma is just a lot easier on my eyes, especially on posts that are lacking punctuation or upper case letters. Numbers are greatly improved. But you can only change the font on your own posts, as far as I can tell.

5. 31HotRodLincoln

31HotRodLincoln

I think the default settings look shadowed or greyed I know it's a late post...lol